What's new

Why I No Longer Support the Church of Scientology

haiqu

Patron Meritorious
In 1996 it had come to the point where my plans of attaining OT had dwindled to almost nothing. I had been struggling case-wise since 1982 and just couldn't seem to get ahead. On a suggestion from the Flag Rep at AOSH ANZO I put up my last $4,000 and went to Flag for a Case Check. I had no idea what this involved and had never heard of such a service, but he assured me that it would handle whatever was going on.

I was routed to the MAA and had a list of about 12 items from my folder chanted at me, one after another. Most of them were trivial, and I said so. But there were two that caused some trouble. The first was an unresolved issue that needed more auditing, the very mention of which upset me greatly. The second was my drug history.

According to a late 1986 Flag Order, anyone who has ever taken LSD is ineligible for Flag services. I was told I had to go home again. I pointed out that this was dated post-death (LRH had died in early 1986) and that a Flag Order saying such a thing would represent a technical hidden data line, thus had to be invalid. And since I am not Flag crew, I also had no idea of the length of validity of an FO. Some issues expire after a year, but in this case there was no data. These issues are not generally available to the public.

This data was written up to RTC and their eventual response was that they were "concerned" about this, whatever that means. No further follow-up was attempted. I had, in short, been dumped off the lines after 21 years of dedication to the task of going Clear and OT.

I know of at least one other person who has had this happen, a very upstat FSM who is now part of Milestone Two. He intended to CSW for permission after making a significant contribution to the subject. My guess is that he was refused, judging by the position he is now occupying. In my case, I saw no reason to propitiate to Scientology, because it happened years prior to my becoming a Scientologist.

Since this FO can't be passed through the standard tests for illegal orders, and since it violates the hidden data lines policy, and since it makes a complete mockery of LRHED 301 Int "1978 - The Year of Lightning Fast New Tech" it must be considered false. But try telling that to Flag.

On the other hand it may have been issued posthumously. In that case LRH has made several huge errors in writing it, and someone had compounded the problem by issuing it.

In either situation, I had no further confidence in the church's ability to handle my case. In my mind Flag and RTC had gone squirrel and I wanted nothing further to do with them. And if that were the case, then due to the internal command structure no other org could be safe either.

If any person in some position of issue authority would care to listen to 6207C26A "Routine 3GA Data" and have a sensible look at this, you'll see that the FO can be nothing but utter rubbish. There's nothing a being can do in this lifetime to aberrate himself enough to be "unhandleable" by the highest tech terminals on the planet. LRH said "There are no absolutes. The one exception to this is Flag auditing." To deny a person this last hope is to shut the door on their eternity.

Since that time I've been through many tough years, surviving as best I could. I have finally reached a position of handling my own case thoroughly enough to be able to point out that I didn't need your help after all. On the other hand, judging by recent stats and performance, you may need mine.

It was good to catch up with Rob McKinnon and Frank Fioretti while I was there, and having Lisa-Marie Presley in the building and chatting with Mary Sue were high points of my life. But I didn't go there to schmooze, I went to get handled. You failed at that, dismally.

There was a point at which I stood in front of LRH's office, looking in over the blue rope at the desk and the bookshelves. I did this for a very long time, so long in fact that one of the crew asked if there was anything she could do for me. I said no. I had been in deep thought, remembering the old tale about the fall of the monastery. Flag, and Scientology, fell for me that day. I had looked into the inner sanctum sanctorum to find nothing there.

The only thing one can be upbraided for is no results, or bad results. Consider yourselves upbraided.

Rob Judd
Clear 13611

Last edited:

Xenu's Boyfriend

Silver Meritorious Patron
Wow, this is powerful. I wish you could get your money back, but I know it is deeper than that. Thanks for sharing this.

CO2

Patron Meritorious
In 1996 it had come to the point where my plans of attaining OT had dwindled to almost nothing. I had been struggling case-wise since 1982 and just couldn't seem to get ahead. On a suggestion from the Flag Rep at AOSH ANZO I put up my last $4,000 and went to Flag for a Case Check. I had no idea what this involved and had never heard of such a service, but he assured me that it would handle whatever was going on.

I was routed to the MAA and had a list of about 12 items from my folder chanted at me, one after another. Most of them were trivial, and I said so. But there were two that caused some trouble. The first was an unresolved issue that needed more auditing, the very mention of which upset me greatly. The second was my drug history.

According to a late 1986 Flag Order, anyone who has ever taken LSD is ineligible for Flag services. I was told I had to go home again. I pointed out that this was dated post-death (LRH had died in early 1986) and that a Flag Order saying such a thing would represent a technical hidden data line, thus had to be invalid. And since I am not Flag crew, I also had no idea of the length of validity of an FO. Some issues expire after a year, but in this case there was no data. These issues are not generally available to the public.

This data was written up to RTC and their eventual response was that they were "concerned" about this, whatever that means. No further follow-up was attempted. I had, in short, been dumped off the lines after 21 years of dedication to the task of going Clear and OT.

I know of at least one other person who has had this happen, a very upstat FSM who is now part of Milestone Two. He intended to CSW for permission after making a significant contribution to the subject. My guess is that he was refused, judging by the position he is now occupying. In my case, I saw no reason to propitiate to Scientology, because it happened years prior to my becoming a Scientologist.

Since this FO can't be passed through the standard tests for illegal orders, and since it violates the hidden data lines policy, and since it makes a complete mockery of LRHED 298 Int "The Year of Technical Breakthroughs" it must be considered false. But try telling that to Flag.

On the other hand it may have been issued posthumously. In that case LRH has made several huge errors in writing it, and someone had compounded the problem by issuing it.

In either situation, I had no further confidence in the church's ability to handle my case. In my mind Flag and RTC had gone squirrel and I wanted nothing further to do with them. And if that were the case, then due to the internal command structure no other org could be safe either.

If any person in some position of issue authority would care to listen to 6207C26A "Routine 3GA Data" and have a sensible look at this, you'll see that the FO can be nothing but utter rubbish. There's nothing a being can do in this lifetime to aberrate himself enough to be "unhandleable" by the highest tech terminals on the planet. LRH said "There are no absolutes. The one exception to this is Flag auditing." To deny a person this last hope is to shut the door on their eternity.

Since that time I've been through many tough years, surviving as best I could. I have finally reached a position of handling my own case thoroughly enough to be able to point out that I didn't need your help after all. On the other hand, judging by recent stats and performance, you may need mine.

It was good to catch up with Rob McKinnon and Frank Fioretti while I was there, and having Lisa-Marie Presley in the building and chatting with Mary Sue were high points of my life. But I didn't go there to schmooze, I went to get handled. You failed at that, dismally.

There was a point at which I stood in front of LRH's office, looking in over the blue rope at the desk and the bookshelves. I did this for a very long time, so long in fact that one of the crew asked if there was anything she could do for me. I said no. I had been in deep thought, remembering the old tale about the fall of the monastery. Flag, and Scientology, fell for me that day. I had looked into the inner sanctum sanctorum to find nothing there.

The only thing one can be upbraided for is no results, or bad results. Consider yourselves upbraided.

Rob Judd
Clear 13611

jeez louise!!

I was Clear 2000 something, don't remember, and certainly don't care. It was in May or June of 1971 at AOLA. I also did the shsbc, and audited, in the Co$ for some years, plus started a center in my living room, which today, is an org.

I dropped acid, smoked grass and hash, and generally had a good time prior to Scientology. Going Clear was a momentous upgrade of my life, which has continued to be quite good.

I've gotten auditing at Flag. But I left the Co$ in 1976. Too much greed.

I don't regret the time or money I spent, but I never fully bought the package of hogwash being sold.

You sound so pitifully naive. I'm sorry, but there were breadcrumb trails everywhere in Scientology leading to not trusting anything anybody said if it involved money or LRH. My feeling is that you should be grateful they gave you the bumb's rush, and got rid of you. You could still be dangling on their hook otherwise.

I say, praise Sandoz for their invention of lysergic acid diethylamide, and be happy you took it.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Rob, the "LSD usage" reason given to you is a crock.
Flag has (and does) service many who have taken LSD.
I'd suggest that they just wanted to be rid of you.
They already had your money and obviously weren't going to get much more from you.

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
I had a somewhat similar experience in 1996 but mine was at AOSHUK. I had RTC quoting Policy at me and I was quoting Policy back at them but they stopped me going up the Bridge just because I wouldn't comply with their illegal orders.

As it turned out, that was the best thing that could have happened to me. I got in, had some experiences, I got out. That's my Scientology story.

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron

Since this FO can't be passed through the standard tests for illegal orders, and since it violates the hidden data lines policy, and since it makes a complete mockery of LRHED 301 Int "1978 - The Year of Lightning Fast New Tech" it must be considered false. But try telling that to Flag.

Rob Judd
Clear 13611

Rob - this is called the "illegal PC" scam and if you interview people that are willing to talk - I think this is the standard operating basis in Scientology.

I have talked to several locals who have told me the same story as your except it wasn't $4,000 they put on account at Flag - it was more like $30K to 50K.

The same story over and over - "you need to go to Flag for a special "program" or to do your CCRD. Your estimated TIP is $$$$$$$$$. The person wants to feel better - they do whatever they can to get the money.

They go to FLAG and usually get to wait for several days - this ensures maximum enturbulation with their "case" - makes them more ameniable.

Many get into a session for about 1/2 hour and are then told they need to see the MAA. Now "fresh" lawyer ed up contracts in PT (aka: "Application and Enrollment Forms" :whistling:have been signed and the intensive debited - NO REFUNDS on partially used intensives!!

Again they wait for days - more enturbulation and introversion...

They see the MAA and are told they are illegal and can't be on the base or can't have auditing at FLAG.

Of course, they are so spinning and swirling - they don't even think about their money - they are sad, depressed and caved in....and they can't even really think straight.

The Church of Scientology will allow "illegals" to proceed up the Bridge just as long as they never question anything and keep donating money....and if they make it all the way to OT 8 and then question - they are declared SP.

GOAL ACCOMPLISHED. The SP uses covert invalidation and nullification as their social intercourse" and this is one of the many ways Scientology rolls....

I think Ray Jeffries ought to hear from you and anyone else that was fleeced by the "ILLEGAL PC SCAM"

This will eventually get exposed in the courts too as the light is shined on the SCAMS of SCIENTOLOGY!!

You are not alone - that is for sure!!

haiqu

Patron Meritorious
Thanks guys. Big ACK! to all who responded (even if you just clicked a button).

Especially those who are normally very anti, your kind comments meant a lot to me.

I have been sitting on this for a long time, as you could possibly tell. There is a lot of fine detail to my story, but most of that has been cleaned up over the years as I resolved my own case. However, I wanted to make it abundantly clearly that I regard the CoS as - at very best - ineffectual and duplicitous.

It wasn't ever about the money, any sane person would gladly give everything they have to achieve personal freedom. But when freedom is promised, and everything is given, and the expected results aren't forthcoming then I think we have a right to complain.

And just a small comment on LSD: I don't thank Sandoz Labs for anything, they didn't make any difference to me at all. I stopped taking drugs in early 1973 (of my own accord) because I could see they weren't making any real changes, except at a physical level, and even then only temporarily.

Rob

p.s. A big ACK! also to my good friend Allen Wright (wherever he is now) for getting me through the Clearing Course and on up to OT III via email, which was quite a difficult task. I owe him more than I can ever repay.

Last edited: