What's new

Work!!!

Whattodo

Patron with Honors
Somehow I'm not sure if that will happen.

However I did say that if they were asked to redo a course or buy another set of books as they have been corrected due to tampering what would they do?? They said they would leave! Its when they had to redo the purif rundown again last year.

Just a small seed if doubt I have tried sowing.

They are full on into it at the moment and its related to doing more courses it appears at a different org.

exbritscino

Patron with Honors
They said they'd leave if asked to redo a course or another set of books? Fair 'nuff. But then you said that they'd redone the purif last year. And they're still in...............!!

I'd be very surprised if they haven't had to re buy the basic books. IIRC it was a mandatory thing for all scions......... A lot of them ended up being pressurised into buying more than one set too!!

That was another scam. The scions reckon that Hubbard was/is the greatest being ever, but then they get told that his books contained mistakes..............

Per policy NO alterations of ANY literature, policies or ANYTHING is allowed. Anyone doing this has committed a suppressive act! Yet the scions meekly accept what the management (Miscavige) tells them!!

Unbelievable!!
Somehow I'm not sure if that will happen.

However I did say that if they were asked to redo a course or buy another set of books as they have been corrected due to tampering what would they do?? They said they would leave! Its when they had to redo the purif rundown again last year.

Just a small seed if doubt I have tried sowing.

They are full on into it at the moment and its related to doing more courses it appears at a different org

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
They said they'd leave if asked to redo a course or another set of books? Fair 'nuff. But then you said that they'd redone the purif last year. And they're still in...............!!

I'd be very surprised if they haven't had to re buy the basic books. IIRC it was a mandatory thing for all scions......... A lot of them ended up being pressurised into buying more than one set too!!

That was another scam. The scions reckon that Hubbard was/is the greatest being ever, but then they get told that his books contained mistakes..............

Per policy NO alterations of ANY literature, policies or ANYTHING is allowed. Anyone doing this has committed a suppressive act! Yet the scions meekly accept what the management (Miscavige) tells them!!

Unbelievable!!
I made this argument when the Basics push came -- that it didn't matter what the original notes might have said, LRH got the galley proofs, and had to have approved them. I've gotten things published, and before it goes out, I'm given a copy of the final form, and I have to sign off. My initial notes are irrelevant. My initial notes went through a process of editing and correction before the final copy.

Even if something slipped past him in the galley proof stage, the basic books were used in the SHSBC for DECADES. One would think that after decades of working with Scientology, he would have noticed something while referring some C/S to a reference?

No, the real reason for the re-issue of the "basic books" was to have the copyrights for the new edition in the name of the "Church of Spiritual Technology".

Bill

Gold Meritorious Patron
I made this argument when the Basics push came -- that it didn't matter what the original notes might have said, LRH got the galley proofs, and had to have approved them. I've gotten things published, and before it goes out, I'm given a copy of the final form, and I have to sign off. My initial notes are irrelevant. My initial notes went through a process of editing and correction before the final copy.

Even if something slipped past him in the galley proof stage, the basic books were used in the SHSBC for DECADES. One would think that after decades of working with Scientology, he would have noticed something while referring some C/S to a reference?

No, the real reason for the re-issue of the "basic books" was to have the copyrights for the new edition in the name of the "Church of Spiritual Technology".
Also the author was changed. I forget what it now says, something-something-library, but it no longer has "L.Ron Hubbard" listed as the author of ANY of his books.

To hide this, all the official titles were changed to preface each title with "L. Ron Hubbard" so they could put his name on the cover as if he was still the author.

Whattodo

Patron with Honors

Unbelievable!!

Sorry that conversation was after doing the purif again which led to the conversation about books.

You'd think if there were errors and admissions on their part that the courses or new books would be offered free of charge. If I provide a product that is faulty then we replace it! They charge again and the sheep lap it up!

exbritscino

Patron with Honors
Sorry that conversation was after doing the purif again which led to the conversation about books.

You'd think if there were errors and admissions on their part that the courses or new books would be offered free of charge. If I provide a product that is faulty then we replace it! They charge again and the sheep lap it up!
You're learning!! lol

Yep, in the real world faulty goods or services are replaced under warranty. Even my car's got a 5 year fairly extensive warranty......!

But $camology isn't governed by the consumer protection laws as far as it's "products" are concerned. Sure, if a book is damaged when you receive it then you'll get another one. But there's nothing to prevent them from releasing rehashed books and charging for them all over again.

Of course, ANYTHING that is supplied by them that is "faulty" is never the fault of the cult.