What's new

Your Purple Hearts will tell on you...

Caroline

Patron Meritorious
Gerry responded to an article yesterday in the Belleville News-Democrat: Iraq War veteran lied his way to a Purple Heart and $750,000 (August 26, 2016).

Gerry Armstrong said:
Mike Fitzgerald writes in the Belleville News-Democrat, the Belleville, Illinois daily paper, that an Iraq War veteran lied his way to a Purple Heart and $750,000, the Belleville, Illinois daily paper, that an Iraq veteran, National Guardsman Lt. Darryl Lee Wright, lied his way to a Purple Heart. What a piker! L. Ron Hubbard, also a lieutenant, but in the US Naval Reserve, lied his way to TWO.

Wright didn’t stop with a Purple Heart, but also lied his way to a Combat Action Badge. That’s nothing! Hubbard didn’t stop with two Purple Hearts. He lied his way to OVER TWENTY more medals he never earned.

In truth, Hubbard wasn’t even awarded his medals. At least Wright did enough and was honest enough to actually be awarded his unearned medals.

Wright got his medals for phony actions and wounds in a place he had really served in, Iraq. Hubbard obtained medals for wartime service in countries he had never even been to, France, the Netherlands, Britain, the Philippines, and a medal for whole continents he had never seen, the European African Middle Eastern Campaign Medal, plus a Bronze Star. Wright got his unearned medals in the mail from the proper issuing authority. Hubbard bought his from some poor veteran, or some pawn shop. Or he stole them from some vet.

To support his efforts to acquire his medals and money, Wright apparently submitted a photo of a damaged combat vehicle where he claimed to have been wounded. The bad black and white photo in the Washington Post looks like a HMMWV of one version or another. Fail! Hubbard claimed to have been on board the USS Edsall when the Japanese attacked and sunk it near Java in 1942. He claimed at different times that his legs were injured in the battle, he then swam ashore, lived alone in the jungle for some time evading the Japanese, took a machine gun round in the back, then sailed a life raft to Australia where a destroyer picked him up. He also claimed to have sunk two Japanese submarines off Oregon, and just before the war to have tracked down a German saboteur in Alaska who was going to cut off its communication lines from the forty-eight states.

It isn’t clear from the reports I’ve read, including Justice Department statements, what injuries Wright lied about sustaining to claim his Purple Heart. They couldn’t possibly, however, be as serious as Hubbard’s fake injuries. He claimed to have been “crippled and blinded.” In fact he claimed his injuries were so severe that at war’s end he “was abandoned by family and friends as a supposedly hopeless cripple and a probable burden upon them for the rest of my days.”

The News-Democrat says, “The war story helped Wright bilk the federal government out of hundreds of thousands of dollars.” How frigging niggard! Hubbard scammed billions. Wright cheated the US Government that has trillions to waste. With his tall war stories, Hubbard not only snowed the government for a disability pension, he hustled and ripped off unsuspecting private citizens around the world, most of whom could not afford it, and many of whom he ruined utterly.

The prosecuting US Attorneys, according to the News-Democrat, wrote in their sentencing memorandum that Wright “built an entire myth system on these two awards.” That’s so picayune! Hubbard started a religion. The IRS gave his religion tax exemption, and the State Department defends his fraud-based religion internationally and condemns any country that dares to call Hubbard and his religion on their fraud.

There is no evidence I’ve found that Wright ever vilified or assaulted anyone who challenged his injury, Purple Heart or Combat Action Badge claims. What a wimp! Hubbard preached that anyone who criticized his claims was an enemy and a criminal, and he had his fraud church followers target these critics as what he called “fair game.” He stated in his scripture that such critics may be “deprived of property or injured by any means by any [church member] without any discipline… May be tricked, sued or lied to or destroyed. ”

I knew Hubbard personally. I read and listened to many of his claims of wartime injuries, medals and heroism, and I joined his religion in 1969. I believed his lies and gave him and his religious organization money and years of my life. Then I found and read a bunch of his documents he had hidden from church members like me, researched his history a bit, and determined he had lied. He had lied about things in his life that were significant to me, had drawn me into his religion, and had kept me there for years. He lied about his military career, his injuries, medals and his heroism. He stole valor galore.

[...]

Rest of Gerry's article here: Your Purple Hearts will tell on you...

[video=youtube;cS4LCoh0VGQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cS4LCoh0VGQ[/video]

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
You are totally mistaken Caroline. Hubbard was a war hero and he was ahead of his time.

He got ten medals for fighting a dangerous magnetic deposit and ten for declaring war on Mexico.

Even with MEST arithmetic, that's twenty.

Anonycat

Crusader
At least he knew his psychological problems were related to his mind.

A Key to the Unconscious -- Symbological Processing by Hubbard, La Fayette Book Description
Phoenix, Arizona: Scientific Press, 1952. This is a staplebound Softcover
  • Title: A Key to the Unconscious -- Symbological Processing
  • Author: Hubbard, L. Ron
  • Format/binding: Paperback
  • Binding: Paperback
  • Publisher: Scientific Press
  • Place: Phoenix, Arizona
  • Date published: 1952

Oh, wait ... he stole that from Freud. What's this ... he printed on 30 sheets of paper, folded it in half and stapled it together to make a tiny book. Then be called his handiwork Arizona Scientific Press. But, it looks like Science! Especially with the word Symbological on it!

Definition of symbological

• : of, relating to, or characteristic of symbology

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
Well, one absolute first for LRH is that " cluster " on his Purple Heart.

He is the only person in the world to ever have a " cluster " added to one of his Purple Hearts.

Can anyone tell me WTF a "cluster" on a Purple Heart means ?

Oh, at my house, lrh has long been designated as a Black Heart - & that ain't no award.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster

He is the only person in the world to ever have a " cluster " added to one of his Purple Hearts.

Oh, at my house, lrh has long been designated as a Black Heart - & that ain't no award.

You get a Purple Heart for being wounded. If you are wounded a second time, you don't get multiple medals, you add an oak-leaf cluster to the original medal.

main-qimg-8d87e348d6fbba5e633f09ee78c4dbb1-c

Above is a Purple Heart medal with 4 oak leaves, indicating the recipient was wounded a total of five times.

Free Being Me

Crusader

You get a Purple Heart for being wounded. If you are wounded a second time, you don't get multiple medals, you add an oak-leaf cluster to the original medal.

main-qimg-8d87e348d6fbba5e633f09ee78c4dbb1-c

Above is a Purple Heart medal with 4 oak leaves, indicating the recipient was wounded a total of five times.
Exactly. Oak leaf clusters (brass and silver) are common in the military denoting the soldier has received the same medal multiple times. On the sixth award a soldier usually buys a new dress uniform ribbon (because it's full of holes from the brass cluster pins) then pinning a silver oak leaf cluster to the pertinent ribbon. And then the count starts over with brass clusters next to the silver cluster until a second silver cluster is pinned.

cleared cannibal

Silver Meritorious Patron
Depends who you are often when this medal is awarded. They may be incorrect but they describe Kerry as getting three purple hearts. Wounded 3X and never missed a day of duty. It is thinking and planning like this that is the swamp Trump is talking about. To the political animal perception is reality.

http://www.counterpunch.org/2013/07/26/what-john-kerry-really-did-in-vietnam/

Kerry sustained a very minor wound to his arm, probably caused by debris from his own boat’s salvoes. The scratch earned him his first Purple Heart, a medal awarded for those wounded in combat. Actually there’s no evidence that anyone had fired back, or that Kerry had been in combat, as becomes obvious when we read an entry from his diary about a subsequent excursion, written on December 11, 1968, nine days after the incident that got Kerry his medal. “A cocky air of invincibility accompanied us up the Long Tau shipping channel, because we hadn’t been shot at yet, and Americans at war who haven’t been shot at are allowed to be cocky.”
He received two more Purple Hearts, both for relatively minor wounds. Indeed Kerry never missed a day of duty for any of the medal-earning wounds.