ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Zac Hopkins has left the Church of Scientology

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by CommunicatorIC, Jan 28, 2015.

1. CommunicatorIC

CommunicatorIC @IndieScieNews on Twitter

2. Gizmo

Gizmo Rabble Rouser

Ah, the more the merrier !

I do love opening ESMB to find yet another speaking out !

3. arcxcauseblows

arcxcauseblows Patron Meritorious

gonna listen to the podcast!

4. Intervention

Intervention Patron

Hey that's me! I found that facebook group from a post on this site and now it's gone full circle. I joined the group on a whim and got an unexpectedly large welcome. Really nice group of people!

5. AnonyMary

AnonyMary Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

Welcome, Zac, and thank you
    That group would be SPs 'r'; Us of which I am a proud member, lol
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/325785144156523/

I had a bunch of questions after watching your first video but I found that many of them were answered by this post you made in the Mojave Academy thread:

Some questions:

How long were you in the Sea Org? And where?
    Are both your parents inn denial that they were ever in Scientology?
    What training or auditing did you have, and where?
    How did you get a copy of your PC folder?

Best wishes,

Mary

6. Intervention

Intervention Patron

I was never in the Sea Org though for whatever reason I always give off that impression. Even though I never wore anything that resembled an SO uniform, SO members sometimes thought I was an SO when I was in an org. Similarly, when I was studying war and human rights in college, sometimes people in my classes thought I was a veteran.
    I have a lot experience with the SO because from ages 11-19 I had three entire networks of friends get sucked into it. I followed my instincts and never joined. This said, I was still friends with dozens of SO members and tried to be a lifeline between them and the real world.

I don’t think my parents are in denial about being in Scientology. Until recently they were hardcore Scientologists. They have letters and gifts from LRH boxed away somewhere. He sent them to my parents during his hide-and-go-seek period in the '80s, if that gives you an idea of how involved with Scientology they were. I understand why you’re asking this question and would elaborate on it further but I’ve recently started to repair my relationship with my parents, and I don’t want OSA fucking that up. Recently my mother told me that (despite leaving Scientology around 2008-9) she gets visits from Scientology officials every few months.

To be honest, I don’t know the answer to this question! I don’t know what parts of my upbringing were Scientology, and want parts were parenting.

To give you an idea of what I mean, starting from when I was four years old, I had to write a CSW every time I wanted to go out, buy a toy (with money I earned,) or anything like that. My CSW was usually approved if I was in a good “condition” and if “my stats were up,” meaning if I had done more work around the house than the week before. I was working most of the time I was at home. I cleaned the whole house, made the dinners, did home repairs, did the shopping, etc. I would complete all those tasks as quickly as possible and then beg for more in order to try to get my stats up each week. It wasn’t all bad though. My parents paid me about a dollar a day. When I was eight years old, I decided that I wanted to go to France. I saved every penny I earned and at age 12, I bought a ticket from LA to Marseilles AND WENT. When I was 13 I got a job at a software company. The whole CSW system crumbled away and my parents hired a housekeeper.

When it comes to the Bridge, I truly can’t remember if I completed TRs/Objectives! Even though that was only ten years ago.
    I never felt the need to go up the Bridge because (1) I couldn’t relate to the problems that the Bridge claims to fix, and (2) I couldn’t relate to the idea that becoming a better person was a specific step-by-step process. It’s like telling someone that the way to get to Los Angeles is by travelling through Texas. It may be factually true, but not the best route for everyone. Anyway, I was more interested in helping other people than helping myself.

If you were ever a Scientologist, perhaps through that description of my childhood you could infer what kind of Scientology auditing and processes I was a part of? Basically, because I was born into it and because I was so indoctrinated, everything I did or had done to me (AKA my life) was automatically a Scientology process.

This one is a little weird. I don’t know what I got a hold of but if it wasn’t a PC folder, it was definitely like a PC folder. It was basically a folder of processes done on me, that I don’t remember being done on me. I didn’t look through it long enough to see everything in it. It scared me so I burned it before I could build up the curiosity to look at it more. At the time I felt like Scientology had a lot of power over me so I didn’t want whatever was in there messing with my head for the rest of my life.

I got a hold of the folder because my mother was a former ethics officer of either AOLA or ASHO (maybe both at different times) and kept a lot of folders. She had an office in our house which was a room of filing cabinets. Some of the files in the cabinets had to do with Scientology. A few days before I left my parents' house for good, I tore through those cabinets and briefly examined anything I could find that had my name on it.

I did this because for my whole life, my mother had always talked about how she was going to publish a handbook on how to raise children. I didn’t want anyone else to have the childhood that I had had, so I wanted to take away anything about me that she could have used for her book. It turned out that she had far too many files on me to be able to look through them all, but I stole the material that I thought would be most important to writing a handbook on how to raise children. My “PC folder” was among those files. I found a similar “PC folder” of hers but I didn’t look through it. I believe that people should be allowed private lives. The handbook was never written.

Writing all this had made me momentarily self conscious. I hope that anyone who reads this understands that just because I had a crazy, creepy, childhood; it doesn’t mean that I am a crazy, creepy person. I survived that life and escaped it with minimal impact to my psyche. I have a few tell-tale signs of a “survivor,” but that allows me to be more compassionate and better understand people who have been through worse than I have.
    I have always had a strong desire to help people and show them how amazing and beautiful life can be. I couldn’t do that in Scientology. Now that I am out, I am free to be an activist and an artist, and free to spend my life trying to help other people rather than being forced to focus on my own “self improvement.” What I’m trying to say is that despite the madness of my childhood, and despite what TV says about victims becoming perpetrators, I am none of that! I am a separate person from all that and once I was finally able to leave, I left to live my own life.

7. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

Hiya Intervention, and :welcome2: to ESMB!

:party:

I apologise for missing your initial post :duh:, but it's great to have you here and as soon as I can catch up on your vids, I'll be back to comment.

In the meantime: :grouphug:

8. imSPecial

imSPecial Patron with Honors

beautifully said.

9. Lurker5

Lurker5 Gold Meritorious Patron

Wow Intervention, I think you are BRAVE ! And I might have missed welcoming you to ESMB - so :welcome2: :wave: Keep sharing - incredible story.
    I am so glad you found your way out. :happydance: :bravo:

10. Intentionally Blank

Intentionally Blank Scientology Widow

Adding another welcome to the chorus. And thank you for your courage in speaking out.

Blanky

11. CommunicatorIC

12. CommunicatorIC

13. MissWog

MissWog Silver Meritorious Patron

This is the it channel I found the other day! Love his videos!!

14. mockingbird

mockingbird Silver Meritorious Patron

Zac's video on the smear campaign againt Going Clear is brilliant .I have been wanting a YouTube series of videos exposing the fallacies and propaganda techniques the cult uses in their attack videos for some time . I do not have my YouTube channel set up with dozens of videos exposing the lies and crimes of Ron Hubbard and David Miscavige...YET .

15. Free to shine

Free to shine Shiny & Free

Disconnection is the pits and the ultimate nasty thing they can do.

Zac posted on the Bunker:

http://tonyortega.org/2015/04/20/se...rom-a-best-friend-forever/#comment-1977346363

16. mockingbird

mockingbird Silver Meritorious Patron

Free To Shine , I agree disconnection is quite nasty , but I had at least one OSA op to drive me to death or insanity and I know others who are dead due to Scientology .

17. Free to shine

Free to shine Shiny & Free

Yes true. And OSA op to disconnect you from generations of extended family can have the same effect too. I know many stories. The idea of fair game is to isolate and distress you by whatever means possible. The solution is coming to understand and be kind to yourself ... that gives one the power to stand tall and come out the other side.

18. Maria Cuervo

Maria Cuervo Gold Meritorious Patron

What's the url to his Youtube?:duh:

19. MissWog

MissWog Silver Meritorious Patron

20. Teanntás

Teanntás Silver Meritorious Patron