ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Zeig Heil.

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by billyd, Apr 9, 2014.

1. billyd

billyd Patron with Honors

I was at a fundraising event last year. At the end of the event there was the customary salute to LRH. We all obediently stood ,to my horror the local ED strode to the platform with a picture of David Miscarriage, The group turned and saluted in a hitler styled zeig heil. I nearly burst out laughing. i didnt salute. Afterwards i was taken aside and asked why. I replied I Dont SALUTE IDIOTS.I think that was the begining of the end for me. I cannot compromise with my true reality. The man is as crazy as a march hare.

2. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

Godwin was here! :)

3. CommunicatorIC

CommunicatorIC @IndieScieNews on Twitter

Forgive me, but I have a hard time believing the "group... saluted in a hitler styled zeig heil."

Perhaps I am missing something or misunderstanding, but I'd like to know more specifics about this "hitler styled zeig heil."

I have, however, heard of other efforts to transfer loyalty from LRH to DM.

4. HelluvaHoax!

HelluvaHoax! Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

:hysterical:

Many people visit here! It's a war zone. LOL
    [​IMG]

5. Nicole

Nicole Silver Meritorious Patron

What is "Zeig Heil"? :unsure:

6. oneonewasaracecar

oneonewasaracecar Gold Meritorious Patron

It is the salute used by the Nazis - right arm at 45 degrees upward, hand flat.

7. Panda Termint

It's actually "Sieg" rather than "Zeig", Billy, but we knew what you meant.

Nicole will tell you Sieg Heil means "Hail Victory".

8. WildKat

WildKat Gold Meritorious Patron

Maybe it was sorta like how Tom Cruise saluted Misscabbage at that event years ago?
    I don't know if it qualifies as Seig Heil but it definitely qualified as creepy.:omg:

9. Nicole

Yep, "Sieg Heil" I know.... "Zeig Heil" would be translated than in "Show Hail" (?), that would be wrong and wouldn't work.

If a fisher goes fishing, we are saying "Petri Heil", you would say "Good Fishing"... If a hunter goes hunting, we are saying "Waidmanns Heil", don't know what English speaking persons are saying than...

...and I know what the "Hitler Gruß" is, it is forbidden in Germany. So if the Scientologists would do this in Germany, they are doing a crime and I am 99% sure that not one German Scientologist would make the "Hitler Gruß" to DM.

10. Rene Descartes

Rene Descartes Gold Meritorious Patron

Godwin and Killroy were drinking buddies!

Rd00

11. Knows

Knows Gold Meritorious Patron

Why doesn't this surprise me? I got what you meant - the clubbed seals are now going to start putting pictures up of David Miscavige because "HE SAVED THEM". More will leave!:yes:

12. BardoThodol

BardoThodol Silver Meritorious Patron

Doesn't mean that sometimes the comparisons aren't valid.

Like the paranoid who actually does have people after him.

Fractals and all that. Human behavior has an endless repetition of the same patterns.

The Nazis simply gave us such a dramatic example to codify.

The problem is that the consequences of that behavior were so egregious and exaggerated that comparisons become ridiculous. Such as the Bimbas forced 300,000 people to drink gallons of water until they died. I saw a woman make her daughter drink water at the zoo; what kind of Bimba is she?

13. MrNobody

MrNobody Who needs merits?

How about "Demonstrate Heal"? :giggle:

Not sure, perhaps "happy hunting"?

You assume that any Scientologist, be it a German one or not, has any form of self-respect left? I think you assume too much, because if that'd be the case, there wouldn't be any Scientologists anymore. :coolwink:

BTW: Most of the Anglo-American Scientologists would have to make the "Hitler-Gruss", because they wouldn't know where to find the "ß", right? :biggrin:

14. Panda Termint

Zoomomba?

15. Nicole

:biggrin:

Yep. I would never put my right arm high for anybody, even not as I was a Scientologist... Nazis :nazi:are next to Scientologsits the strongest, mindfucked people in the world. Maybe somekind more mindfucked and brutal.

I would have gone, but I have gone for years, because of other reasons. I really never liked some kind of group dynamic... But you are right here, I have looked from myself to all the others.

What I really don't get. Saluting Hubbard is OK, but in front of DM not???

It is just because I love the ßßßßßßßßß. :love8: But maybe for the "Hitler - Gruss" the SS is more correct.

16. MrNobody

MrNobody Who needs merits?

Of course not. The one single most important rule in that cult is: "Focus on Hubbard and ONLY on Hubbard." Anything else would be "other practices" or whatever the buzzword-of-the-day is.

Therefore, especially for long-time Scilons, greeting and applauding DM in the same style as Hubbard must feel terribly wrong.

Newer Scilons and those who "grew up" with DM, might think differently about that.

17. Infinite

Infinite Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller

I'm not sure if you're taking the piss or asking a genuine question about Godwin's Law. As it happens, Godwin's Law makes no judgdement about whether or not the comparison is valid, it only records the fact that at some stage an online conversation will involve such a comparison. Godwin's Law is not a stricture and nor is it a perjorative term; it is just an observation, technically speaking. The validity of the comparison is really a matter for those involved in the discussion to dertmine. Such matters to consider might include whether the Nazi reference is some sort of attempted trolling or derail or ad hom etc, etc. In my limited experience of online conversation, its usually pretty easy for site regulars to see what's what quite quickly. In this instance I suspect the Indie OSA crew are out and about actively spreading the "David Miscavige = Adolph Hitler" meme in an effort to implant that "reality" within the Scientology discussion. The more accurate comparision (which would also invoke Godwin's Law) would be "Scientology = Fascism". A devolution of the comparison down to individualities seems to miss the wider point, IMNSHO.

18. Lone Star

Lone Star Crusader

Well DM was born on April 30th after all. :wink2:

:lol:

19. Nicole

For me was a "Clear" somekind of "hero", a person that needs respect, an OT was something better and than were there the "Higher Scientologists", like DM. This persons got the most respect, but they were far away. Hubbard was more something to "love",... Don't know to explain. Maybe a rule giving "father".

But this would mean the "personality cult" in Scientology changes... Never thought about this.

20. MathScience

MathScience Patron

And you survived???

Wow, now that's impressive. Unbelievable, but very impressive.