What's new

Stopped In Clearwater Today

Miss Ellie

Miss Ellie
I stopped in Clearwater today - in the area on business. I hung out in front of the Ft. Harrison for awhile. Took some photos & texted to friends & relations.

I noticed I was noticed while walking around... folks running around in vests on the street would stop talking and look at me. Those speaking other than English would continue talking in their native tongue. No one said hello or made direct eye contact for more than a very brief second.

Security was "watching" me while "not watching me". No one approached me but they were very aware of me. Obvious I had a "smarter than me phone" and was texting photos. While walking back to my car parked in a public lot behind the Ft. Harrison I flipped off a security camera covering the sidewalk.

The last time I was here was in '82-'83. Everyone was welcome and you walked in and out of the Ft. Harrison as you pleased. Not now. Nothing welcoming the general public or any kind of information available that I saw. The people on the street did not look very peppy... just focused and serious.

I went to the beach... mind you it is spring break and people from all over the country are in town. No advertisements, handouts, billboards... NOTHING announcing you are in the promised land of sciobots. NO "WTH" materials being handed out while I was there. No ads on the trolleys.

In my opinion no way in hell they will do anything positive for downtown... but what do I know.

:p

Out/Int

Patron with Honors
The Fraud Scam Base has been unfriendly for many, many years.

The staff are so paranoid - they can't risk any security breaches...yet you got in and took photos...

So - please share the empty and vacant MECCA of FRAUD and SCAM base photos with us please?

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
These days more than a quick drive by gets attention from security.

I can stroll by the White House with less attention paid to me.

A paranoid church ? Odd.

Miss Ellie

Miss Ellie
The Fraud Scam Base has been unfriendly for many, many years.

The staff are so paranoid - they can't risk any security breaches...yet you got in and took photos...

So - please share the empty and vacant MECCA of FRAUD and SCAM base photos with us please?

I took photos of the outside not the in. Did not even try to enter. When I got there no security by the front doors. After I was there taking photos two were out by the front door. I saw 8 non staff member looking folks walking to or from the Ft. Harrison. That was it. Could hear kids playing in the pool behind the walls. People got in and out of cars at the.front doors. Locals yelled when traffic was blocked with them loading/unloading. Remeber this was a Sunday so not very busy.

If I get a chance will go back by and get more photos. I probably will not try to enter.

I sat in my car having a snack before I left and security kept an eye on me. Guess I was their comic releif for the afternoon.

:coolwink:

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
In CW I once asked a security guard if he knew where the headquarters was of some cult I'd heard was in CW.

He went blank. I walked off. Bet later he figured out I was asking about the Co$.

BTW, culties are NOT well regarded by locals.

pkatz

Patron with Honors
I took photos of the outside not the in. Did not even try to enter. When I got there no security by the front doors. After I was there taking photos two were out by the front door. I saw 8 non staff member looking folks walking to or from the Ft. Harrison. That was it. Could hear kids playing in the pool behind the walls. People got in and out of cars at the.front doors. Locals yelled when traffic was blocked with them loading/unloading. Remeber this was a Sunday so not very busy.

If I get a chance will go back by and get more photos. I probably will not try to enter.

I sat in my car having a snack before I left and security kept an eye on me. Guess I was their comic releif for the afternoon.

It's not hard getting into the FH, you have to pick your time. They open the 10th floor ballroom to local events. Of course, you have to get your name on the list by contacting the group holding the event. A friend of mine attended one in 2015 and openly took photos.

She tried to buy something in the "gift shop" (probably the book store or canteen) and at first they wouldn't even sell her a postcard but finally relented.

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
It's not hard getting into the FH, you have to pick your time. They open the 10th floor ballroom to local events. Of course, you have to get your name on the list by contacting the group holding the event. A friend of mine attended one in 2015 and openly took photos.

She tried to buy something in the "gift shop" (probably the book store or canteen) and at first they wouldn't even sell her a postcard but finally relented.

For a Church, isn't that place sort of hard to get into ?

Maybe it's just me that's so wacky weirdo, but, every dang Church I ever tried to walk into just welcomed me with open arms - willing to give me handouts & brochures if I wanted them. They acted like they welcomed me to their place of worship.

But, hard to get in the front door ? Hard to visit ? What is not just plain weird about that ?

F.Bullbait

Oh, a wise guy,eh?

Maybe it's just me that's so wacky weirdo, but, every dang Church I ever tried to walk into just welcomed me with open arms - willing to give me handouts & brochures if I wanted them. They acted like they welcomed me to their place of worship.

But, hard to get in the front door ? Hard to visit ? What is not just plain weird about that ?

All youse villagers with torches and pitchforks must give thems in the castle the willies.

:)

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
All youse villagers with torches and pitchforks must give thems in the castle the willies.

I've sort of made it a point to live where the Co$ has a stranglehold already.

Clearwater never had any appeal to me as a place to live ( or Tampa or St Pete ) although friends settled there ( only later to collect boxes of disconnect letters - LOL ).

the cult isn't all that odd in Hollywood, so that ain't for me either.

I live in the boonies on a farm.

I'll cop to apparently being born with a pitchfork to play with.
Some feel I also have horns & only wear tailored red suits to accommodate my tail.

I prefer giving wet willies. but, that's minor detail to work out after dark ( when I come out )

cakemaker

Patron Meritorious
I stopped in Clearwater today - in the area on business. I hung out in front of the Ft. Harrison for awhile. Took some photos & texted to friends & relations.

I noticed I was noticed while walking around... folks running around in vests on the street would stop talking and look at me. Those speaking other than English would continue talking in their native tongue. No one said hello or made direct eye contact for more than a very brief second.

Security was "watching" me while "not watching me". No one approached me but they were very aware of me. Obvious I had a "smarter than me phone" and was texting photos. While walking back to my car parked in a public lot behind the Ft. Harrison I flipped off a security camera covering the sidewalk.

The last time I was here was in '82-'83. Everyone was welcome and you walked in and out of the Ft. Harrison as you pleased. Not now. Nothing welcoming the general public or any kind of information available that I saw. The people on the street did not look very peppy... just focused and serious.

I went to the beach... mind you it is spring break and people from all over the country are in town. No advertisements, handouts, billboards... NOTHING announcing you are in the promised land of sciobots. NO "WTH" materials being handed out while I was there. No ads on the trolleys.

In my opinion no way in hell they will do anything positive for downtown... but what do I know.

I read someplace from a recent ex-SO that current policy for Flag staff/crew is to NOT to talk to 'wogs' unless absolutely necessary.
Anyone can confirm?

phenomanon

Canyon

, so it's good to know that you were not approached. I don't know what's wrong with my thing, but it is posting sentences backwards. Senteence #2 is going on above sentence #1. Been doing it for days. !!:angry:
Thanks Miss Ellie. I am thinking of a visit to Clearwater

phenomanon

Canyon

Don't get outta the buggy, Mama!

phenomanon

Canyon

Isn't the Fort Harrison a Hotel? What if you went up to the door and asked if they had any vacancies?

F.Bullbait

Oh, a wise guy,eh?

Ya, we always say that while watching the movie. Do they listen? Noooo....

24bc1ec2b0d525bbc8cbeefe9e77f184.jpg

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
Isn't the Fort Harrison a Hotel? What if you went up to the door and asked if they had any vacancies?

I haven't looked at the sign over the door in years. Could say Fort Harrison Hotel ( I doubt that ) or it could say Co$ or God know what. Mecca ?

About the Mecca thing, I wonder why the old boy stopped at disconnection & didn't go all the way to stoning to death ?

Oh, disconnection hurts longer !

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

lol

such a funny expression, i wondered where it came from.

an original?

or a veiled reference to the treacherous trip down river in Apocalypse Now (movie) based on Heart of Darkness (novel) where the operative line was: "Don't get outta the boat!"

Anyways, you are funny!

ps: did you get your backwards sentences fixed? If not: "Reboot, Mama!" lol

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Ya, we always say that while watching the movie. Do they listen? Noooo....

24bc1ec2b0d525bbc8cbeefe9e77f184.jpg

haven't read this thread entirely, but just saw your post.

is that "buggy" line an actual line from a movie? A Dracula movie? I better get my Google on and find out what everyone's talking about! LOL

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
I read someplace from a recent ex-SO that current policy for Flag staff/crew is to NOT to talk to 'wogs' unless absolutely necessary.
Anyone can confirm?

Gee, that is a new variation on their version of communication.

Maybe it's something from TWTH ?

F.Bullbait

Oh, a wise guy,eh?
haven't read this thread entirely, but just saw your post.

is that "buggy" line an actual line from a movie? A Dracula movie? I better get my Google on and find out what everyone's talking about! LOL

"Don't get outta the buggy, Mama!' sounds like something you would say to 'Miss Ellie' with a honeyed southern US accent. Made me think of all those old movies where a character gets out the buggy and meets with their premature demise. Don't know of any actual precedent.