What's new

Catherine Stiener

Soquili

Does anyone know what ever happened to Catherine Stiener of New Zealand?
She was here back in the early 70s doing her OTII or III.

ChaoticPsychotic

Patron with Honors
Did she move to the states and was her husband's name Tom?

If so, last I heard a few years ago was that they both were dying from Hepatitis C.

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
Cathy and Tom Steiner (if we are talking about the same people) went to the Buenaventura Mission after leaving the Riverside Mission in the 1980s. Jim Hamre went there also.

I knew them (somewhat) at the Riverside Mission.

Good twin

Floater
They had a couple of missions; Baton Rouge and Buenaventura;maybe more. Baton Rouge was turned over after Tom got sick, I didn't know Cathy had the same condition. They were good peeps and were good to their staffs afaik. :confused2:

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
They had a couple of missions; Baton Rouge and Buenaventura;maybe more. Baton Rouge was turned over after Tom got sick, I didn't know Cathy had the same condition. They were good peeps and were good to their staffs afaik. :confused2:

Had you actually worked around Tom & Cathy on staff? If you had then you would probably have a few different things to say... to say the least.

Good twin

Floater
Had you actually met Tom & Cathy? If you had then you would probably have a few different things to say... to say the least.

Yes. I met them. I attended many Mission Holders conferences with them. They led the birthday game for many years. Tom gave a very funny lecture at a mission holders conference once. What do you want me to say PG?

Because I met them I'm supposed to have some dirt on them??:confused2: Nope. They really seemed to be decent. Their staff always seemed to be well taken care of and I admired that. :yes:

Good twin

Floater
Okay I see you edited your post. No I never worked for them. Maybe they were hard core SOBs as execs. I never saw that. I was only very peripheral to the actual production in their missions.

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
Well... I won't drag this out. I'll leave you with your good memories.

I'll just say that Cathy was a bitch on wheels.

Good twin

Floater

Oh I'm sure you are right. I was from EUS and she and Tom traveled back and forth between EUS and WUS. They were celebrities in the mission network. There is always a back story. :yes: Feel free to dish if you are inclined to. :thumbsup:

Once bitten

Patron Meritorious
Welcome

Does anyone know what ever happened to Catherine Stiener of New Zealand?
She was here back in the early 70s doing her OTII or III.

Oh, I see that no one's welcomed you yet. Can we be treated to a wee snippet of your history?

Welcome, anyways.

Love Genny

:welcome:

The Clam

Patron with Honors
Had you actually worked around Tom & Cathy on staff? If you had then you would probably have a few different things to say... to say the least

" Bitch on Wheels" LOL
Tom was nice guy but Cathy would got off on how hard she could " Slam" someone, yell at someone as loud as you can. I heard her telling other exec staff in a bragging manner how she slam some poor staff member. She was head of training so I know you caught alot of her tirades.lol

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
No. She was not "head of training" when I was there.

But she did like attention and once sung a very off-tune rendition of "Your Song" by Elton John. She did complement me once on my guitar playing.

I don't hate Cathy despite what I have said about her. But I do believe that Scientology staff involvement brought out the worst in her. I hope that she gets out some day.

HCOBO

The Galactic Patrol has landed.
Any more updates on the Steiners?
Hambone Hamre has passed, as noted last year.
Cathy gave me my first Slam just a few days into Riverside Mission Staff.

PAX.

pineapple

Silver Meritorious Patron
Any more updates on the Steiners?
Hambone Hamre has passed, as noted last year.
Cathy gave me my first Slam just a few days into Riverside Mission Staff.

PAX.
Welcome aboard, HCOBO. When were you on Riverside staff? I was an OOT (Outer Org Trainee) at Riverside, so to speak. Besides Riverside, Bent Corydon also had the Honolulu Mission for a few years, and some of us Honolulu staff (and public) got sent to Riverside to see how things were done. We were known as the "pineapple contingent." I went to Riverside twice, for a few months each time, in '76 and '77 I think.

I didn't know Tom except to say hello. I knew Cathy slightly. She was Qual Sec the second time I was there. I liked her, although I'm sure she could be "a bitch on wheels" on occasion, as @programmer_guy put it. :) I never saw that side myself.

Edit: AFAIK Cathy Steiner was not from New Zealand. Bent and family were. Maybe this is not the same person OP meant?

Last edited:

HCOBO

Hi Pineapple, during one of your Riverside Visits, did you train someone in Tennis?
Can you remember the area where staff ate?

Gib

Crusader

Couldn't agree more, I'd say a raging bull, much like DM's "Chrome cold steel".

Tom was a good guy, The due was like good cop, bad cop.

The steiners I know held as mission holders in germany as well.

As far as I'm concerned she can rot in hell, I hope the best for Tom. just sorry to say that but that's how I feel. Both koolaide drinkers, WTF why can't these folks research the google?

HCOBO

Tom trained as a PR guy prior to Riverside.
He could spin doctor with the best.
Cathy was the success driver in the marriage.

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
Tom trained as a PR guy prior to Riverside.
He could spin doctor with the best.
Cathy was the success driver in the marriage.
And then they started the Ventura Mission which failed.
Then they joined Narconon (moved to Louisiana?).

Did Jim Hamre go with them to Narconon after the Ventura Mission failed?

HCOBO

I do not know much of what happened after they moved on to other missions. I have been told they made a lot of money with mission and Narconon empires.