What's new

Disconnection Cancelled

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
That was a very impresssive letter Megalomaniac! :yes: A true classic!

Hey Fabian,

I guess it's OK to copypasta most of Mac's letter here since it's almost unreadable right now in its native format, but please edit your post to delete the LRH quotes as there is too much to be a fair use quote on this board.

Paul
Too much for fair use? - Hmm.. well.. haww.. whadda' I know? - I think the quotes are very relevant to the letter..

I like this one:
SCIENTOLOGY, A NEW SLANT ON LIFE - HOW TO STUDY SCIENTOLOGY
When there is an authoritarian basis for your education, you are not truly educated. Authoritarianism is little more than a form of hypnotism. ...
.. So the old bastard knew that! - And then he created a totalitarian and authoritarian cult...

:yes:

EastAnon

Patron with Honors
This is -by far- the most sincere, well thought through and well worded letter from someone in Scientology i have read in a very long time.

Is it ok to post this letter elsewhere Mac?

You've just proven not all Scientologists are a bunch of fucknuts.

I'll stop now, before i start quoting LRH.

Spreek je Afrikaans?

sandygirl

Silver Meritorious Patron
quote from Mac:
Withholds cause isolation and hurt relationships, right? What about the withholds a Scientologist builds up against non-Scientologists? That's enormous. Example withholds:
-- How much money you've paid to Scientology, and how much debt you've accumulated in the process.
-- Scientologists are subject to hard sell.
-- How often you are called by staff, harangued to help out or study, or pay, or go up the Bridge.
-- Policy on disconnection.
-- You or someone you know hasn't really achieved and maintained the ability promised for a given level.
-- You receive promotion with fantastic-sounding phrases, such as "Super Power" and "2 billion megawatt OT POWER NOW".
-- You have been trained to talk to new people in a certain way.
-- You are afraid to look at an internet site or TV show because you might be exposed to secret materials.
-- What became of certain leading Scientologists, such as Mary Sue Hubbard, Reg Sharpe, Mike Rinder, Ron Miscavige, Marty Rathbun, Jesse Prince, David Mayo, Martin Samuels, the first Clear, the first OT 7.
Do you feel free to say any of these things to non-Scientologists? To other Scientologists? Do you have to hide your mail? Are you withholding because you think it's right to not say, or because you are embarrassed? LRH said to answer people's questions. Can you freely answer people's questions? They want to know this stuff. Can you say it?

This is Exactly why I left. This is well written. I love the dissem part. I too, was quite hesitent to expose anyone I knew to the "hard sell" of the church. I figured it was a good way to lose a friend.

Welcome and looking forward to hearing more!!

byte301

Crusader
Mac, big welcome from me. :happydance:

I read your letter and I loved it. I hope your friends and family read it as well and do the right thing. If they disconnect from you THEY will be losing a great friend.

feline

Patron Meritorious
Hey Mac!!!

I wish I had seen this yesterday. It is good to see you out here and posting. More importantly, it's good to see you being comfortable out among us. Posting your contact details is a bold move on your part. I'm with Paul. I don't think that I could do the same.

Beautiful letter. Thanks for writing it. You put the whole thing out there in a wonderfully understandable way.

I'm glad to see that you are officially canceling your disconnection to the world outside. Welcome to ESMB!

Martini

Patron Meritorious
Withholds cause isolation and hurt relationships, right? What about the withholds a Scientologist builds up against non-Scientologists? That's enormous. Example withholds:
-- How much money you've paid to Scientology, and how much debt you've accumulated in the process.
-- Scientologists are subject to hard sell.
-- How often you are called by staff, harangued to help out or study, or pay, or go up the Bridge.
-- Policy on disconnection.
-- You or someone you know hasn't really achieved and maintained the ability promised for a given level.
-- You receive promotion with fantastic-sounding phrases, such as "Super Power" and "2 billion megawatt OT POWER NOW".
-- You have been trained to talk to new people in a certain way.
-- You are afraid to look at an internet site or TV show because you might be exposed to secret materials.
-- What became of certain leading Scientologists, such as Mary Sue Hubbard, Reg Sharpe, Mike Rinder, Ron Miscavige, Marty Rathbun, Jesse Prince, David Mayo, Martin Samuels, the first Clear, the first OT 7.
Do you feel free to say any of these things to non-Scientologists? To other Scientologists? Do you have to hide your mail? Are you withholding because you think it's right to not say, or because you are embarrassed? LRH said to answer people's questions. Can you freely answer people's questions? They want to know this stuff. Can you say it?

This is so well written. Current Scientologists as well would really relate to this.

Keep writing. It's a great perspective you're writing from.

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
OSAphobia!!! :omg:

No, I'm Mac.

And Disconnection IS cancelled. Refer to my open letter to Scientologists: http://home.earthlink.net/~stevensm/scn/scn_open_ltr_2008_12_05.txt

All these posts are not helping my megalomania, which I came here to get cured, among other reasons. But thanks!

A bit busy just now. More later,

mac

Well Mac,

I guess you answered my question!

Great letter! :thumbsup: Sounds very much like the way I felt when I decided to get out.

Glad to have you on board the er, Board.

Axiom142

Megalomaniac

Chinese School

Div6, Panda, Feral, wow, great to have you here!

Unperfekt, I haven't been in the Portland org, except for maybe once long ago. I haven't been in any org for months, so I can only guess what it's been like from the phone calls I've gotten. I have a lot of stuff I want to discuss. Hmmm, let me get past this week or two and I'll open up more. Hi!

Once Bitten, to you and 30%+ neuro transmitters, Hi!

Woggin' Out, sorry to hear we lost the gigawatts, but we gained the truth!

Been Done Had, everyone, thanks for reading my letter. I'm SORRY about the formatting. I'll get around to fixing it... probably after it's spread around the internet. Ok to copy, btw.

Scooter, I love your story. I think I left off just after the Int Finance Police attack. :ohmy: I better finish it. You made me want to drive a tractor for your brother-in-law. He'll want to buy a Root Jack, though, if he talks to me too long.

Pixie, hi! Thanks for your posts, too!

Fabian, Paul, now I'm wondering about fair use. I thought it was fair, but, ... ?:confused2: I guess I'll wait until somebody tells me to take it down -- then I'll just edit it, maybe.

SchwimmelPuckel, man, thanks. Thanks everyone for communicating. I've read a lot of everyone's posts. Some of these and other board's posts rubbed off on me and got into my letter.

EastAnon, .. Everybody... THANKS!

Ok, now, usually, there is no chit-chat during Chinese School, but there's no rule covering that here, so :thumbsup:

So, we're going to get going with Chinese School, but before we start, I want to define some words:

EnturbTheDragon, please define ALL

EastAnon, please define INALIENABLE

Div6, please define FREELY

Feral, please define COUNTER

Tim Skog

Welcome to the board Meglo. Very well written letter and well thought out. It reminded me of things I had forgotten about Scientology that I had found objectionable.

I look forward to other posts from you.

alex

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hi Mac,

I was at delphi in the same time frame as you, although a different age group!

Just read your open letter, and think you have nailed it.

http://home.earthlink.net/~stevensm/scn/scn_open_ltr_2008_12_05.txt

I'm racking my brain for who your parents are....as that would be who I would possibly know...(assuming they were at delphi..)

Hope you keep posting here, you have a lot to offer!

alex

Hi Everyone!

My name is Mac.

Born 1971. Parents got into Scientology 1974. Delphi Oregon 77-81, 86-89. KTL, LOC, Student Hat, Objectives. And a lot of miscellaneous.

Hope to meet you all. :happydance:

Mac Stevens
415 NE 6th Street
Newport, Oregon 97365-2805
(541) 574-4451
[email protected]

byte301

Crusader
What time is Chinese school again? I think I have a doctor's appointment on that day..whatever day it is.:D

Megalomaniac

Chinese School Cancelled

Oh. Now I know how to kill a thread. Ok, forget Chinese School. Here was my point:

all men have inalienable rights to think freely, to talk freely, to write freely their own opinions and to counter or utter or write upon the opinions of others;

And maybe

And that no agency less than God has the power to suspend or set aside these rights, overtly or covertly

And then I was going to ask some essay questions, such as:
Is this senior or junior to Ethics policy?

And a multiple choice one:
Is the agency currently attempting to set aside these rights?:
a. < God
b. = God
c. > God

And that was supposed to make me not a liar and prove that Disconnection IS cancelled.

I was going to also make the point that any megalomaniac is authorized to cancel any policy made by any other megalomaniac.

Finally, I was going to say that Disconnection IS THE LIE.

Then I was going to assign a Practical: Communicate with your favorite (or not so favorite) "disconnected" Scientologist. Christmas cookies & cards sent to Int Base -- that counts.

And finally, I was going to invite Once Bitten to lead us in Chinese School on maybe one or two other points of the Creed. (hint: "... their own kind", and "... his own kind").

But ... school is cancelled due to poor attendance. :unsure:

:happydance: (school's out!)

byte301

Crusader
Awww. I bought a new outfit for the first day of school and everything.:no:

As long as we didn't do the org board I was good.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
That was a good idea Mac, we're probably just a little too short on attention span these days. The idea of a thread actually arriving where it was headed is quite a concept.

Your thesis proving your truth regarding the thread title is hereby accepted and I withdraw my accusation of lying about the CofS. :)

As for Chinese School; a good friend of mine said it always made him feel sort of weird and like the odd-man-out... he WAS Chinese!