What's new

Oh, so I wanted to be a scientologist, eh? riiiiightttt.

WrongPlaceRightTime

Patron Meritorious
I guess I made a typo in my nick, it is supposed to be Wrong Place Right Time. I guess that's pretty obvious. I don't know how to change it so I will just stick with it. Anyway. Hi all. This has been an interesting time for me. It was 6.5 years ago that my father commited suicide and I tried to shelf it but that has been impossible. It was hard enough loosing my father at age 18 but for it to have been a mysterious suicide and tied to scientology, well it was a bit overwhelming, so I have tried to heal from just his death and I had not begun to look at Scientology until very recently and I have to say, this is a very serendipitous time in my life. So that explains my nick. Wrong Place- born into a scientology family Right time- the begining of the end of their terror.

I feel so sorry for everyone involved in Scientology past and present. These people think they are helping themselves and helping others and it is just not so.

the following is cut and pasted from the Founding Church in D.C.'s website. I find it rather ironic.

"As just one example of the power of a Dianetics stress test, there is the family who had suffered the traumatic loss of one of its members to suicide. The incident was so overwhelming that every person in the family was stuck in it for more than eight months. They just couldn’t overcome the burden of apathy. But after receiving their stress tests, they saw that Dianetics had the answers, and now the entire family is using Dianetics to change their lives."

ok, first of all, no shit they cannot overcome the pain of the loss. since I have been there I can tell you it is DEVESTATING. Dianetics changes lives, but is it for the better? NO. you just think it is.

our world is far from perfect. there are many abuses of other humans occuring in every walk of life. Scientology feeds on the injured, telling them they have the answers. If Scientology had the answers then why is my father dead? They fixed him alright, just like the Wicked Witch of the East said to Dorthy "I'll fix you my pretty and your little dog too!"

Sorry, I know I'm not being very linear with my story. anyway, more later................... I am collecting data....

Big Love (the only thing that will save us),
RightTime

Div6

Crusader
Welcome Dr, John (I know, his song was "Right Place Wrong Time) but you get the idea.....

I am sorry to hear about your loss. I would like to hear the narrative on that at some point, when you are up to it.

Colleen K. Peltomaa

Silver Meritorious Patron
I guess I made a typo in my nick, it is supposed to be Wrong Place Right Time. I guess that's pretty obvious. I don't know how to change it so I will just stick with it. Anyway. Hi all. This has been an interesting time for me. It was 6.5 years ago that my father commited suicide and I tried to shelf it but that has been impossible. It was hard enough loosing my father at age 18 but for it to have been a mysterious suicide and tied to scientology, well it was a bit overwhelming, so I have tried to heal from just his death and I had not begun to look at Scientology until very recently and I have to say, this is a very serendipitous time in my life. So that explains my nick. Wrong Place- born into a scientology family Right time- the begining of the end of their terror.

I feel so sorry for everyone involved in Scientology past and present. These people think they are helping themselves and helping others and it is just not so.

the following is cut and pasted from the Founding Church in D.C.'s website. I find it rather ironic.

"As just one example of the power of a Dianetics stress test, there is the family who had suffered the traumatic loss of one of its members to suicide. The incident was so overwhelming that every person in the family was stuck in it for more than eight months. They just couldn’t overcome the burden of apathy. But after receiving their stress tests, they saw that Dianetics had the answers, and now the entire family is using Dianetics to change their lives."

ok, first of all, no shit they cannot overcome the pain of the loss. since I have been there I can tell you it is DEVESTATING. Dianetics changes lives, but is it for the better? NO. you just think it is.

our world is far from perfect. there are many abuses of other humans occuring in every walk of life. Scientology feeds on the injured, telling them they have the answers. If Scientology had the answers then why is my father dead? They fixed him alright, just like the Wicked Witch of the East said to Dorthy "I'll fix you my pretty and your little dog too!"

Sorry, I know I'm not being very linear with my story. anyway, more later................... I am collecting data....

RightTime

I knew a fella who had been staff on the Freewinds and his father committed suicide whilst undergoing a 2D Confessional.

Alan

Gold Meritorious Patron
my mother suggested that I read Kathryn's Story on Xenu.net I just finished it and I know this is what happened to my father. He dropped me off at college and was normal. when I came home at Thanksgiving I noticed him wringing his hands and looking off in a very pensive state. He stoped going to work and would just sit on the sofa all day crying and sighing. He spoke of "aliens in the woodpile". He died by self inflicted hanging by ligiture. A few days later I found his note. He thought himself to be an SP and that he was unworthy, he killed himself to free us. In a way he did just that. And in more ways than one, because, let me tell you, his suicide tore a hole in the fabric of the universe for me and led me to breakdown many false ideas about myself and others and the nature of reality.

Tell your story WPRT - many have been where your father was - what is unknown to most people is how that occured.

Your story is important as it may save the lives of many others.

Alan

Free to shine

Shiny & Free

RightTime

Welcome to you! (Yes Emma can change your name.)

Reading that quote just makes me feel sick. I really understand the frustration of dealing with people who think they have the answer when really it is the problem.

Write out your story bit by bit if that helps. People do need to hear, and the more truth comes out the better. Yes love is the bottom line, and sometimes first we need to look at and find ways to let go of the pain. Talking about it here does help.

WrongPlaceRightTime

Patron Meritorious
It is not safe to post here. I will write my story but I will address it to members of congress. Alan is most definately a Squirrel. beware all others. if you have a story to tell, please tell it to our government rather than put yourself at risk on this message board.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
It is not safe to post here. I will write my story but I will address it to members of congress. Alan is most definately a Squirrel. beware all others. if you have a story to tell, please tell it to our government rather than put yourself at risk on this message board.

You can tell a story pretty anonymously, no names, dates or things that can be traced.

The idea is to get the feelings involved out. A personal thing. If you want to protest to government, as we should, that is a different thing.

Anyway, I have found it good here. I was scared to post after being involved for 30 years but soon found it amazingly healing to actually write out the words. My words, my feelings. Talking about me, but with people who understand listening. :)

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa

How do you mean it's a dangerous place?

I'm curious. You can say why here. You can disagree fully with Alan.

I certainly have.

And I'm still okay.

Speak your piece.

It's safe to do so here.

Really.

WrongPlaceRightTime

Patron Meritorious
you're right I don't have to give details. my dad killed himself after being declared an illegal pc.... but wait, he was clear in 79 so how could he be a pre clear? we don't know what happened to him really I wasn't there.... he went out to l.a came back all freaked out, went down hill fast and was dead within 6 months. I was born into the church. went to church run schools for a few years. I was sexually abused by older boys in the nursery when I was 6 years old. I did the purif and PVI course. that's it. I am glad I didn't do more. I am glad to be away from it. I am glad that people like arnie and mark bunjer and tori are fighting it. I don't have the time or energy. I want to get on with my life. I am glad to know what a scam it is.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
you're right I don't have to give details. my dad killed himself after being declared an illegal pc.... but wait, he was clear in 79 so how could he be a pre clear? we don't know what happened to him really I wasn't there.... he went out to l.a came back all freaked out, went down hill fast and was dead within 6 months. I was born into the church. went to church run schools for a few years. I was sexually abused by older boys in the nursery when I was 6 years old. I did the purif and PVI course. that's it. I am glad I didn't do more. I am glad to be away from it. I am glad that people like arnie and mark bunjer and tori are fighting it. I don't have the time or energy. I want to get on with my life. I am glad to know what a scam it is.

Your words say so much. Thanks for sharing.
I was also in a Scn family and I understand what that means. :bighug: As I said, you can always send a PM (private message).

This is a terrific time because finally our words are being heard. The tide is turning.

johnAnchovie

Still raging
Right Place,Wrong Time

You are being heard, you will get justice done for the the wrong they did to you. Anon will not forgive and will not forget.

Try to enjoy life and freedom.

WrongPlaceRightTime

Patron Meritorious
a picture says a thousand words

two of them say even more.

check out my parents in 1979, loving life as volunteer ministers. fast forward 22 years to 2001, one month before my father's suicide. He was 46 years old.

sorry for low quality, it's the best I can do for now.

Attachments

• John's final visit april 2001.jpg
    John's final visit april 2001.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 826
  • Feb_22_1978.jpg
    Feb_22_1978.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 740
Last edited:

Div6

Crusader
two of them say even more.

check out my parents in 1979, loving life as volunteer ministers. fast forward 22 years to 2001, one month before my father's suicide. He was 46 years old.

sorry for low quality, it's the best I can do for now.

Wow...just wow.

That is a "product" of Scientology?!?!?!?

Run away...!

Wisened One

Crusader
I am saddened by what happened to your father and family as a result of this cult, worng place....Long, comforting Hugs to you and yours. :hug:

Wisened One

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?p=294100#294100
From Arnie

This little gal, called me last month, for the first time, in a timid voice, that grew stronger with every word she spoke...it was the first time she had ever spoken out about scientology, she is an ex scientologist, her father was a lifelong, scientology "minister".

She brought before and after pictures of her father, the young handsome Scientology minister, and 25 years later, a broken man.

She had more guts than anyone today. She walked up to Sue Taylor, Director of Special Affairs for OSA DC, and said Hi sue, remember me? (she used to play with Sue Taylor's kids at her home) Sue said hello... untill she told Sue Taylor that her father committed suicide 3 years ago.

She came up to me after I managed to spout off a few words of encouragement to the crowd, explaining operations snow white and operation freakout, and I suggested that she tell the picketers her story...

She did..

And told a crowd of 200 strangers on the street about her life, growing up in scientology and then about her father, a 25 year long "Minister" in scientology, who hung himself 3 years ago.

-----

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:59 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
http://forums.enturbulation.org/viewtopic.php?t=1802

She was absolutely amazing. I know Anons can't speak for the group, but I am sure no one in DC would fault me for sending her our sincerest thanks. She was so brave and listening to her story, more than anything we were doing out there, got people's attention. Really powerful, really inspirational. I hope someone recorded it, it's the kind of thing everyone needs to listen to.

You, Miss...you win the internet. The whole fucking thing.

WrongPlaceRightTime

Patron Meritorious
I want to clarify a few points. the date of my father's death was 5/5/01. He was a scientology staff member and training auditor in the late 70's-early
80's then he was public until his death.

Alan

Gold Meritorious Patron
WPRT I guess after today we should call you Braveheart! :rose:

I'm so pleased for you - overcoming not only one's own demons but overcoming the CofS demons! Fantastic! :happydance: