What's new

Director Paul Haggis Speaks Out About Scientology in First Television Interview!

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
Re: Rock Center with Lawrence Wright and Paul Haggis 1/17/2013

I'm getting really tired of these media idiots saying.. David Miscavige said this.. or this..

They should be demanding a person one-on-one with the psychopath instead of allowing his kool-aid drinking sheep to answer for him.

BlackRob

Gold Meritorious Patron

I'm getting really tired of these media idiots saying.. David Miscavige said this.. or this..

They should be demanding a person one-on-one with the psychopath instead of allowing his kool-aid drinking sheep to answer for him.

Puhleeze... Demand? Like force him?
Dream on dude.

They asked him lots of times for an interview, and he doesn't do it. So demanding is not an option.

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter

From Marty. Posted for purposes of comparison, to see other viewpoints and perhaps facilitate dialog. Yes, YMMV.

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2013/01/17/rock-center-with-lawrence-wright-and-paul-haggis/

Rock Center with Lawrence Wright and Paul Haggis

Posted on January 17, 2013 by martyrathbun09 | 46 Comments

I have a feeling that Rock Center’s segment tonight on Scientology from the viewpoints of Paul Haggis and Lawrence Wright is going to be rather interesting. You may not agree with all you see and hear, but I suggest you ought to see and hear it.

NBC Rock Center teaser

And, A preview from NBC Today show.

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron

It's on!!!!

LOL

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron

Commercial break. This is one of the best shows I've seen. NO FEAR!! Nobody's afraid of ElCon's creepy cult anymore.
:bigcry:

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron

Ouch! that's gonna leave a mark.

Veda

Sponsor

From Marty. Posted for purposes of comparison, to see other viewpoints and perhaps facilitate dialog. Yes, YMMV.

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2013/01/17/rock-center-with-lawrence-wright-and-paul-haggis/

In accordance with Marty and Mike's plan to "move" their followers "up a little higher" to the level of sophisticated "Intel-PR officers," they are expected to read almost everything relevant to the ongoing intra-Scientology war, and especially anything from those who might still be influenced by M&M's desperate PR damage-control efforts.

Marty and Mike still hasn't abandoned their plans to ensure that "Scientology will live forever," but they're going up against impossible odds, and having to make so many concessions - just to remain credible - that calling themselves Scientologist is becoming less and less believable.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP

Great show! :clap:

That should have inoculated 4-5+ million people! :happydance:

JustMe

Patron Meritorious

A really, really good show! Just wonderful!

And the James family also did a really excellent job.

Maybe a couple weeks or so ago the show's producer called me to fact check a number of things as per Larry Wrights's suggestion. I think they must have done fact checks with plenty of people.

I took her through a number of places on my blogspot showing hidden controls in organized scientology, fraud and abuse going back to 1981. She was very thorough with her questions. She asked me about Hayden James and I said that while he probably does not want to speak to me now due to my criticism of Hubbard, that when I knew Hayden back in the late 70s he was a friend and good guy, a dedicated scientologist and I had no reason to think he would be other than a reliable person to interview.

The point is there was a lot of professional fact checking not only behind Larry Wright's book but also behind this show.

IMHO there is no way organized scientology would dare to take any legal action here. They will be overwhelmed with truth they cannot bare

This show tonight and Nancy Many's show last night and Larry Wright's book out today (I just got my copy, he is an amazing writer) just amazing!!!!

Truth is marching and organized scientology cannot stop it. This is the time of which so many of us dreamed for years and years.

And now to continue on and finish the job.

Each person who speaks out, even on here, even masked is helping.

And the beat goes on!

Lori

Cheryl E Love

:woohoo: :hifive:

LOVE IT!!!!!!!

Just finished watching Rock Center's evisceration of the "church"! Csn hardly wait to see what's next. :coolwink::coolwink::hifive:

Wants2Talk

Silver Meritorious Patron

I just watched the Rock Center show. I found it to be one of the most powerful shows of its type I have ever seen - and I think I have seen them all. I think the press has finally figured out how to expose Scientology. They are balanced - always giving the church's rebuttal. These rebuttals reveal the lying heartless nature of the organization. Further, the press has learned how to ask questions of ex's that the common viewer are curious about: Why did you join; Why did you stay; What was it like to leave; How were you punished; What is disconnection like; How can this happen in America?

What great promo for Wright's book this was! I thought Wright was very calm and balanced. But left us with a very salient point: The IRS has extended church protection to this organization; there are hundred of tearful stories of abuse; this church is answerable for these abuses to the citizens who have (via IRS) extended them church privilege.

I thought the family at the end was great. The camera time given to the un-aborted girl crying about the child abuse she witnessed and the way the camera rested on the mom describing her disconnection from her sisters communicated the unimaginable reality of Scientology's heartlessness policies.

We must continue this long project of garnering the general public's willingness and desire to remove church privilege from this horrible creation of a truly evil fiend (mankind's greatest friend).

Recently, the city of New Haven, Connecticut chose to let the local cos off the hook in a foreclosure case. I can only speculate that the city officials estimated that the smart political move was not to "go after" a church. If we keep up the work of exposing the horrors of this organization (and the scripture which spawned it), the politics will shift such that not going after the church will be the wrong move.

A moral imperative, like the one we all live by being here, like gun control after Sandy Hook, must be grasped by the voting majority so that politicians and bureaucrats won't dare to let Scientology stand.

This is OK.

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron

A really, really good show! Just wonderful!

And the James family also did a really excellent job.

Maybe a couple weeks or so ago the show's producer called me to fact check a number of things as per Larry Wrights's suggestion. I think they must have done fact checks with plenty of people.

I took her through a number of places on my blogspot showing hidden controls in organized scientology, fraud and abuse going back to 1981. She was very thorough with her questions. She asked me about Hayden James and I said that while he probably does not want to speak to me now due to my criticism of Hubbard, that when I knew Hayden back in the late 70s he was a friend and good guy, a dedicated scientologist and I had no reason to think he would be other than a reliable person to interview.

The point is there was a lot of professional fact checking not only behind Larry Wright's book but also behind this show.

IMHO there is no way organized scientology would dare to take any legal action here. They will be overwhelmed with truth they cannot bare

This show tonight and Nancy Many's show last night and Larry Wright's book out today (I just got my copy, he is an amazing writer) just amazing!!!!

Truth is marching and organized scientology cannot stop it. This is the time of which so many of us dreamed for years and years.

And now to continue on and finish the job.

Each person who speaks out, even on here, even masked is helping.

And the beat goes on!

And to boot, the fact that they act so weird they just make everybody all the more interested.

Stupid cult is stupid.

Wants2Talk

Silver Meritorious Patron

Oh! I also thought the way Wright put the onus on celebrities to look into the actions of the religion they promote was powerfully understandable to the common viewer.:thumbsup:

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron

Oh! I also thought the way Wright put the onus on celebrities to look into the actions of the religion they promote.:thumbsup:

Yep...He called them out. :thumbsup:

As we say in these parts, "Time to put up or shut up". :yes:

Face:)

Anonycat

Crusader

I missed it then ... NBC is on here, but not that show.