What's new

Alexis, erased daughter of L. Ron Hubbard.

Veda

Sponsor
Alexis_with_Sydney_in_the_backpack.177134058_std.jpg

Veda

Sponsor
Really? For real? Thank you! I was always wondering what she looked like. I still wonder how she is doing.

In the 1990s, Alexis wrote to me, and asked me to call her. I spoke to Alexis twice in 1997, when her mom was ill and near dying.

Sara_Northrup.jpg

Sara Northup Hubbard.​

Her Mom was courageous and, although ill, recorded a series of tapes, covering her experiences with Hubbard. IIRC, a small part of this appears in Lawrence Wright's book.

From what I hear, Alexis is doing fine.

Although it is little known, Hubbard watched Sara much as Miscavige watched Broeker. From accounts, Sara was always on Hubbard's mind.

There's a lot of material covering this, and perhaps it will be added to this thread.

If not, that's fine. Then it will simply be a tribute to Alexis and her mom.

Sindy

Crusader
In the 1990s, Alexis wrote to me, and asked me to call her. I spoke to Alexis twice in 1997, when her mom was ill and near dying.

Sara_Northrup.jpg

Sara Northup Hubbard.​

Her Mom was courageous and, although ill, recorded a series of tapes, covering her experiences with Hubbard. IIRC, a small part of this appears in Lawrence Wright's book.

Although it is little known, Hubbard watched Sara much as Miscavige watched Broeker. From accounts, Sara was always on Hubbard's mind.

There's a lot of material covering this, and perhaps it will be added to this thread.

I am fascinated. Please include as much as you can. It's very valuable, even if it's been included in other threads in the past, new people lurking may not seek those out. I believe with Leah leaving and GAT II and all the rest of the foot bullets, there are most likely a lot more people lurking.

Sindy

Crusader

Sara_Northrup.jpg

Sara Northup Hubbard.​

Alexis asked you to call her. Was she distraught in any way? Do you know what she thinks about all this stuff? Is it included in other threads you can link?

In present time

Gold Meritorious Patron
is alexis the one he kidnapped and took to cuba, and then told sara alexis would have nothing if sara didnt bow down? that alexis?

TG1

Angelic Poster
That family looks absolutely lovely! They seem so happy.

I'm tickled to see Alexis wound up with such a nice family and life. Some things do turn out well.

Plus, all her children and grandchildren are just gorgeous!

What extraordinary cruelty Hubbard had to treat all of his families the way he did. He seemed to have no real capacity for family life or family love.

But back to Alexis -- I'm so happy things turned out well for her.

TG1

Purple Rain

Crusader
That family looks absolutely lovely! They seem so happy.

I'm tickled to see Alexis wound up with such a nice family and life. Some things do turn out well.

Plus, all her children and grandchildren are just gorgeous!

What extraordinary cruelty Hubbard had to treat all of his families the way he did. He seemed to have no real capacity for family life or family love.

But back to Alexis -- I'm so happy things turned out well for her.

TG1

It just shows you what Hubbard could have had. Were the riches really worth the hiding? Was the revenge really worth the disowning? He reminds me of Esau in the Bible, who sold his inheritance for a bowl of soup.

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
It just shows you what Hubbard could have had. Were the riches really worth the hiding? Was the revenge really worth the disowning? He reminds me of Esau in the Bible, who sold his inheritance for a bowl of soup.

I think it shows what Hubbard neither deserved or earned. As a destroyer of families, including his own a couple of times, I am very happy for Alexia and the life she lives, far, far away from the soul destroying cult dad created.
The very best to her and all of her's :cheers2:

Thanks for an inspiring update OP :cheers:

guanoloco

As-Wased
Recently ran into this:

sarah-northrup-article-jpg.1224

Madman or Messiah link:

According to old-timer John Sanborne:

Earlier on (before the divorce) he made this stupid attempt to get
Sara brainwashed so she'd do what he said. He kept her sitting up in a
chair, denying her sleep, trying to use Black Dianetic principles on
her, repeating over and over again whatever he wanted her to do.
Things like, "Be his wife, have a family that looks good, not have a di-
vorce. Or whatever."*
He had Dick De Mille reciting this sort of thing day and night to
her.

Reading this Sara commented:
"Dave Williams was also working on me. They always talk about
Dick DeMille. They never talk about Dave Williams.
"He [Hubbard] was in Cuba for two months. The last time I saw
him was in Kansas at the divorce hearings. When the divorce was
over I felt like I had been freed from prison! The last year with him
was particularly terrible....
"I'm not a pathetic person who has suffered through the years be-
cause of my time with Ron. I can't waste my time dwelling on it....

*Around this same time Hubbard was lecturing and writing on the evils of
"Pain-Drug-Hypnosis," and warning about "Black Dianetics!" - i.e..reverse Dianetics,
used to implant hypnotic suggestions rather than run them out.

*Sara Speaks*

"You show what he was in your book. You really don't need
me...

In the early seventies a story was being circulated by the Guardi-
an's Office that Sara had died. According to the story, just prior to
passing away-while on her death bed - she had asked to see Hub-
bard.
Ron responded immediately and came to her side. She looked at
him sadly and said, "Will you forgive me Ron? Everything I said was
lies." And he said, soothingly, "Of course."
Then, according to the story, she added, "I had to do it Ron, I was
being blackmailed." And he answered, gently, "Why didn't you tell
me? I would have done something."

Sara, referring to the last years with Hubbard:
"It is too disgusting. I have done well keeping away from discussing
it for 35 years and I don't want to talk about it now."

History would have been better served if the whole story came out.
There is little doubt, however, that the lives of Sara and her husband
and their beloved family would be badly served by the heavy-handed
brutality of Scientology's "secret service" rolling out their harassment
and "black propaganda machine."
Sara sat back in the chair. Her large blue eyes staring into space.
"No, I'm sorry Bent, I would prefer not to continue...."​

Last edited:

Gib

Crusader

*Around this same time Hubbard was lecturing and writing on the evils of
"Pain-Drug-Hypnosis," and warning about "Black Dianetics!" - i.e..reverse Dianetics,
used to implant hypnotic suggestions rather than run them out.

This statement is a perfect example of the confusion technique, or mis director or propaganda, or illogic's.

First one has to believe in the engram theory of human aberration.

Then one has to believe that all three elements of Pain, Drugs and Hypnosis must be present to be "Black Dianetics".

So the scientologists think all three elements must be used to brainwash or use "black dianetics on them,

so the scientologist feels safe. As all three elements are not involved in the auditing or practices of scientology.

But only one is. :yes:

BardoThodol

Silver Meritorious Patron

Only to find his (Hubbard's) bowl of soup was full of maggots.

BardoThodol

This statement is a perfect example of the confusion technique, or mis director or propaganda, or illogic's.

First one has to believe in the engram theory of human aberration.

Then one has to believe that all three elements of Pain, Drugs and Hypnosis must be present to be "Black Dianetics".

So the scientologists think all three elements must be used to brainwash or use "black dianetics on them,

so the scientologist feels safe. As all three elements are not involved in the auditing or practices of scientology.

But only one is. :yes:

True Believer, responds: "Ok, I give up. Which one?"

Arthur Dent

Alexis & her husband, Ed Connolly own & operate an equestrian farm in Amherst, MA.

http://stillpoint-farm.com/home

http://stillpoint-farm.com/about_us

They have 3 grown children Cara, Abby & Michael.

What an absolutely beautiful and thriving family! What a pleasure to see! I am so happy for their fortune in life including their family, grandchild, wonderful business and animals and staff. They don't look broke, harangued, belabored, upset, demanding, arrogant, under-nourished, ill. Looks like they probably don't yell and scream either. So lovely to see. It never ceases to amaze me how well people do without scientology!