What's new

Amy Scobee speaks out

iaxiloll

Patron with Honors
http://au.todaytonight.yahoo.com/article/7112145/general/scientology-amy-scobee-speaks

Inside Scientology, superstar Tom Cruise is regarded as its most dedicated follower. The mystery is why he never joined its most elite unit.

Now, a former top-ranking defector who was just a teenager when recruited into Scientology says she knows why.

Amy Scobee claims she knows the truth about how the cult controls celebrities, the way it handled Tom Cruise's marriage to Nicole Kidman and tells eyewitness accounts of what happens when its leader loses it.

She began life and work in the organisation's elite unit, called the Sea Org. It was there she met some of their brightest stars and learned some of their darkest secrets.

During her three decades inside Amy managed the Scientology celebrity centre and rubbed shoulders with A-list converts.

Tom Cruise

Amy claims that Tom Cruise wanted to join the Sea Org but was not eligible.

"I was talking to Shelley and she was telling me about how dedicated Tom Cruise is to Scientology, and she was really pumped about the fact that he was so dedicated," Amy said.

The 'Shelley' she refers is Shelley Miscavige, the wife of Scientology's leader David Miscavige, who is best friends with Tom Cruise.

"He said he would join the Sea Organisation, which is where you sign for a billion years and it's a living, working situation; that he would do that but he's unqualified because of his previous drug history," Amy said.

"She told me what drugs he took, which I won't get into, but she did tell me that (these) drugs disqualify him for the Sea Organisation. There are specific drugs that make it an 'out qualification' that you cannot join," Amy said.

The most respected and dedicated Scientologists, like Amy, are expected, even required, to join the Sea Org. Tom Cruise did not join.

"He's not qualified to join the Sea Organisation, but otherwise he'd be here in a heartbeat," Amy said.

"Because he (Tom Cruise) took those drugs he's no longer qualified. He's not qualified to join the Sea Organisation."

Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman

Instead Tom Cruise went on to movie mega-stardom and marriage to Nicole Kidman.

During Cruise and Kidman's marriage Amy was ordered to interview staff to work in their Pacific Palisades home. Ultimately, she says, Tom was told to choose between Scientology or Nicole.

"I know that it wasn't considered a big loss for the church, because she has... Her father somehow is somehow connected to psychiatry or a psychologist or something like that," Amy said.

Kidman's father Anthony is a clinical psychologist which makes him an arch enemy of Scientology and Tom Cruise.
Amy told Today Tonight that Nicole Kidman studied Scientology more than anyone had realised. She says Kidman achieved the state of "Clear" and started on her "Operating Thetan" levels, the same path taken by John Travolta, Kate Ceberano and James Packer.

"I like the fact that she is her own woman and she made her own decision and if it wasn't for her, then she was able to leave and not stay under their bind," Amy said.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWm-lk_yNmo

Whitedove

Patron Meritorious
I dont think TC could not join the SO because of his drug history. I believe TC is way too much of an asset as an actor for DevilM to let him join.

just saying :)

IMMORTAL

Patron Meritorious
Psych drugs would make him out qual for auditing, so I don't think it's any of those.

This whole psych drug thing has recently been looked at again. It wouldn't necessarily preclude someone from auditing. Maybe at one time, but not necessarily now. It would depend on certain factors that I don't recall currently and probably would be too much to go into here. One guy at our org wanted to do Bridge. At first he was labeled a psych case because he had been on psych drugs. He was getting Book 1 at the time and was pulled off that. He petitioned and his folders and information were send up and reviewed. He was determined to not be a psych case and went on to do his purif. He was on the basics and would've done auditing if he had the $$.

AnonKat

Crusader
This whole psych drug thing has recently been looked at again. It wouldn't necessarily preclude someone from auditing. Maybe at one time, but not necessarily now. It would depend on certain factors that I don't recall currently and probably would be too much to go into here. One guy at our org wanted to do Bridge. At first he was labeled a psych case because he had been on psych drugs. He was getting Book 1 at the time and was pulled off that. He petitioned and his folders and information were send up and reviewed. He was determined to not be a psych case and went on to do his purif. He was on the basics and would've done auditing if he had the $$.

they do not want their stars to be exposed to the sea org or loose a star to it anyway.

IMMORTAL

Patron Meritorious
they do not want their stars to be exposed to the sea org or loose a star to it anyway.

That's probably true. I was just making a point about the psych drugs not necessarily being a prohibitive factor for auditing. I'm sure the stars are more valuable "on the outside" for PR purposes.

thetanic

Gold Meritorious Patron

Ahh, okay. Probably they've had to amend their guidelines in lieu of widespread anti-depressants.

Still, in this particular case, Tom would have been ineligible in the past in a way he didn't seem to be.

IMMORTAL

Patron Meritorious
Ahh, okay. Probably they've had to amend their guidelines in lieu of widespread anti-depressants.

Still, in this particular case, Tom would have been ineligible in the past in a way he didn't seem to be.

Yeah, that's what I think. They had to rethink it because of the widespread use of psych drugs.

I find it kind of hard to believe that Tom wanted to join the SO. It just doesn't fit with my current impression of him. :confused2:

OHTEEATE

Silver Meritorious Patron
free promo

Amy has got 2 consecutive free promo articles from the Star gossip paper, very close to her publication date of May 9th. Bestseller, here you come, my girl. If they sue her for real,her sales will skyrocket. When it goes mass market paperback, she will be on press outlets like never before. It's the Tom Cruise phenomenon. It's not logical, it's scandal. It's in a different dimension.

Blue Spirit

Silver Meritorious Patron
Another One

I also know one who banned because of a very short and old psych drug
history, but was let onto service recently at an East Coast org.