What's new

ANZO "Old Timers" treated like Crap by David Miscavige

Ned Kelly

Patron
I knew Gary very well and he was a decent guy. I also knew Elaine and many of the other people mentioned in your post. I am very sorry to hear of Gary's accident and hope he is getting on well. For the record - I have met quite a few of you hear.

Gus

Patron with Honors
... Anyone else remember Kaye bringing her nephews (??) band over from Aussieland for an event?? It was a rock band. They were rocking out trying to get the crowd into it but not a single person was dancing. Everyone was just sitting watching. I felt embarressed yet again to be a Scientologist. This was like 1989 or so. At the Shrine...

I recall an Aussie band coming over - they rehearsed in the old garage at CC. It was down the outdoor stairwell from the snack bar, just off the lobby/reception - the area has since been remodelled extensively and is now offices. It's at the south end of CC below a garden area and tennis court. The entrance door (with the security card reader and keypad) that is now there used to be a big garage door and was rarely opened. There was a lot of junk stored there, and a cobbled-together rehearsal area.

I always wondered how they just seemed to show up out of the blue and take over the space down there. I assume that's the band you are talking about - bands from halfway around the world didn't show up everyday :) and 1989 is the right time frame.

I can't for the life of me remember what the name of the band was. But they were promoted as sort of celebrities, "big in Australia" and that sort of thing. They played an event or two, and I guess went back to Oz.

The surname Cresmani (spelling?) comes to mind through the fog, was that one of their names? I seem to recall they were a pretty good band, though. I watched/heard them rehearse once or twice, and I think they even had a show down there in the basement. Or a dress rehearsal, maybe. I wonder where they are now? (as in, still in Scn or not). Dang, it doesn't seem like 20 years ago!

Gus

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Nah, it was another Aussie band from Melbourne. I remember there were 2 brothers in the band.
I can't think of their name right now but they were there under the auspices of Kay and Pat Gualteri.
They did a few Celebrity fundraisers for the CofS.
I went to a couple of their rehearsals and gigs in 89/90, they reminded me of the Sunnyboys.
I'll think of the name eventually.

Gus

Patron with Honors
Are you thinking of a band with Kate Ceberano and her brother Phil, maybe?

No, it was a different group - all guys. Maybe Mike Cresmani was one of their names? I could be wrong, that was quite a while ago! I met Kate and Phil sometime before that, around maybe '85 or '86 or so and remember them.

Oh, yeah, and the other post reminded me, Pat Gualtieri was around, I think he was in charge of entertainment or something - I think he arranged for bands to play at events and whatnot. I'm not sure what his actual post was.

Gus

x-x

Patron with Honors
one day Lisa was told by someone in CMO INT that her mom had been flown to LA from ANZO for an ethics handling. When Lisa inquired further about this, she found that her mum was being routed into the RPF for Out-2D! ...

Then Lisa asked what the hell was going on. Elaine proceeded to tell her about some stupid Ethics Mission that had been sent from Management to yell at everybody in the AO and get the stats up. Typical of Scilon upper management that they send out some green weenies from LA that had never worked in an org before, only been in the Sea Org a few years, and only knew what David Miscavige’s “ Ideal Orgs” should be like and anything short of that was a criminal activity that should be destroyed. Elaine was none too impressed by these guys and they saw her as an enemy. When the stats for the AO were down, they piled into a room and put Elaine on the meter. Gang Bang Sec Check. After hours of yelling at Elaine and accusing her of having sex with a public Scilon, Elaine joked, “Yeah that’s it, I went Out-2D!” They had their confession! Even though they knew Elaine was being facetious and not serious, they rolled with it

Well getting the Overts is interesting because the guys doing it stand to be declared if they miss one.

I had a fair bit of charge on Elaine treating me like raw meat when I was at the AO in '98 to do a short course and got persuaded to buy some auditing even though I was planning to go to Flag which this cut across. I thought it was an outpoint that an OT was not granted beingness and treated with manners.

That sort of overt you wouldn't see without something to compare it with. Maybe she will get gain in the RPF, read some tech, have a cognition. I've said before my time on the decks was a bit of a holiday compared with being on post. I bear her no ill will, she was a veteran who did a lot and should have a few lives to spare for it. But it sort of goes, even with bad execs at the helm, that you get your motivators.

Buddha said: "All that we are is the result of what we have thought"

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
I came across this old thread and wondered is there could possibly be more current news from people who are recently out?

I would love to know what happened in the last few years to Elaine Allen, her kids, Bob and Joy Allsop etc.

I remember many of these people from my childhood and time in the SO, but haven't heard anything in years. I remember Elaine was in Snr HCO Int in the early 90s (at least I'm pretty sure that was her), and I had to get a routing form from her because my wife was pregnant. She'd known my family since before I was born and instead of a congrats for having a kid, she was scowling and calling me a traitor. As with most sea org drones, they can usually really nice people until you fuck with their programming by going against the collective. Then you must be destroyed.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
I remember many of these people from my childhood and time in the SO, but haven't heard anything in years. I remember Elaine was in Snr HCO Int in the early 90s (at least I'm pretty sure that was her), and I had to get a routing form from her because my wife was pregnant. She'd known my family since before I was born and instead of a congrats for having a kid, she was scowling and calling me a traitor. As with most sea org drones, they can usually really nice people until you fuck with their programming by going against the collective. Then you must be destroyed.

Oh yes, she could be rough. Splattered me all over the walls when I left staff at 5 month pregnant and struggling.

I also saw the other side of her, the normal woman so lost and yet determined. I would love to know where she is and what happened the last few years.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Elaine could be brutal one minute and kind and compassionate the next.

She was never quite the same person after her recall up-lines to do the "Veteran's Return Program" (a pseudonym for RPF/SRA/Get-with-the-goddamn-program mind-bending).

I've always liked and respected her.

Mike Laws

Patron Meritorious
Wow, just saw this thread!!!

I knew all these people, I was at Gary's bachelor party when he was getting married to Kate. Both of us, the young Aussie kids, were goaded into competing to get the worm in the bottle of Mescal, I actually got alcohol poisoning, I think he did too, but for the next week or so I didn't care about any other living beings.

Gary was a decent guy, but the post and the position had the tenancy to dehumanize people. I only knew Kate and Lisa as kids but never had any issues from them. I feel from grace in RTC with DMs takeover, off the Int Base a few months later. I remember with fond memories Jesse Prince doing his kind and supportive thing that he did to all us virgin messengers in RTC ... wanting to make sure we knew what to do on our wedding night. My instructional occurred privately in his office, Gary's occurred in a room of drunken men, mostly messengers, all of whom had some version of the hots for Kate, quite the number in the mid 80's as a fresh young lady! Lisa was really down to earth, someone of a tom boy, Kate seemed to consider her a bit higher class, but again I had no issues with her.

I remember Elaine mainly as a kid in Melbourne, she was tough but not evil. Later I remember Trish from Sydney, the earlier comment on her was unnecessarily unkind, though she was a wild character. I remember her, in some sort of ethics trouble, wearing high heel shoes, standing outside the window on a small ledge of the Sydney org, 3rd floor, cleaning windows with news paper. I just remember her as crazy wild, and super hot.