What's new

Are the ideal orgs theta traps?

Francois Tremblay

Patron with Honors
"THETA TRAPS, how can you trap a thetan? By curiosity, by giving him awards and prizes (of an implant), by retractor screens, by mock-ups, by ornate buildings which he will enter unsuspectingly to be electroniced down: by many such means the thetan is reduced from knowing to a colonist, a slave, a MEST body. All theta traps have one thing in common: they use electronic force to knock the thetan into forgetting, into unknowingness, into effect. Their purpose is to rid the area of those nuisances, the thetans who cannot be policed, and gain personnel–always the former, not always the latter." (History Of Man, pp. 71-72)
(emphasis mine)

HMMM... interesting quote, don't you think? Of course I don't believe any of it, but the similarities are interesting. Curiosity approach = the TV ads. Awards and prizes = the statuses. Ornate buildings = ideal orgs (and their panoply of electronics designed to mentally entrap people, although clearly not successfully).

Last edited:

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Nice catch! I guess another way to put the question would be, does Miscavige think they are theta traps? I doubt he has the whole track electronic technology to actually capture a thetan but I suppose it is possible he might integrate the whole concept into the Ideal Org agenda from a Scientological perspective.

Personally I think the Ideal Org agenda as currently applied is a convergence of several things:

Real estate being Miscavige's hobbyhorse. It's something he can relate to and he probably had some early wins doing real estate projects for Hubbard.

The lawyerly advice to use them as repositories of wealth which would be in compliance with the tax exempt status.

Real estate is a good way to direct funds and resources to people who support you or who you want to support you.

Distraction and emergency for group control.

Donations without a clearly defined need to provide anything in return and which can be converted into pure wealth accumulation.

PR stat pushes.

The old historically respected purpose of projecting power and authority through monolith building.

I'd also add that just for sake of discussion, if Dianetics, Scientology and all the other Hubbard teachings are really worthless and doomed to fail then from a practical standpoint the only people who are really producing anything of value in Scientology are people who are doing the kinds of things that actually have value in the wog world like maintaining a real estate portfolio and providing services to the people who manage that portfolio.

screamer2

Idiot Bastardson
Yeah. Maybe. But not so much.
Ideal orgs are much more like implant stations.
Note the bling and glitter. The carefully considered lighting. All the fancy shiny plastic and faux marble. And don't forget the idiotic scientlolgy channel television channel bullshit.
Yep. Ideal orgs are much, much more like implant stations.

Last edited:

Helena Handbasket

Gold Meritorious Patron
Worth a repost ...

Welcome to the endocrine states room. Let me adjust the straps on your chair; we want you to be completely comfortable. In this room you finally get your long-desired goal to go exterior.

This action is unique in that it must be completed in one cycle. If for some reason the straps come loose, the door will be locked from the outside. This is for your own protection.

The electrical and radiation beams are designed to impinge upon the body. As they rapidly reach full strength, the "silver chain" that keeps you locked in will be broken. Then you, as thetan exterior, will be taught how to be CAUSE over your own body. Your ability to produce tractor and pressor beams will be rehabilitated; then you can impinge upon the body at any time, and show it who's boss.

Your body will be nearly destroyed in the process, but it's only MEST, right? And no pesky future lifetimes to pull you back into a non-OT state -- your ability to connect with the physical universe will be trashed, but that's a small price to pay for being OT forever!

Oh, and your pineal gland might ache for a while.

:) Helena