What's new

Belief handling

Smitty

Silver Meritorious Patron
comment to Terril Park

There was a poster on ACT, Konchak Penday, who was an auditor for GO personel. Many it seems were Nazis in a past life per him.

Provable by actual evidence or believed to be true on the basis of Hubbard's dogma about the infallibility of needle reactions and in-session statements?

Smitty

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron
Okay. By mystery I mean an idea or circumstance that one doesn't understand and is unable to take the viewpoint necessary to understand it. It therefore sits there as something above one. But nothing is really above.
One advances best by taking viewpoints one can take.

Most Hubbard scales tend to be traps because they interpret the rules of the game at lower harmonics. Therefore it seems that understanding is a vast problem. That suits best people who want to play the game, not people who want to understand it. One can easily step up harmonics. Very easily. I was better off abandoning all the Hubbard ideas. Where he had something right I can now see better. But most of his stuff is playing the game and gets in the way. That is just my opinion, though.

Fair enough, although I think some things are "above," at least at our present level of understanding in a three-dimensional world. I've had the experience in session of "seeing" things I couldn't describe in words.

As for what feelings we want, I don't think any feeling survives in its pure form. The only way to "keep" it is as a persistence, and then it degrades. The Buddhists were right, let go of it and be alert for the next one.

(Who am I to talk, that's a trap I still keep falling into - trying to hang on to good feelings / beingnesses etc. Still.)

gomorrhan

Gold Meritorious Patron
Konchok Penday's UCP and his alignment of the charts of scientology was a very useful and worthy contribution to clearing work. Best part is, it's all free. His philosophy seems spot on, his "tech talks" are very interesting. He's totally uninterested in the scio "Bridge", as are many people who left the Church.

http://www.net-prophet.net/ucp/index.html

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Konchok Penday's UCP and his alignment of the charts of scientology was a very useful and worthy contribution to clearing work. Best part is, it's all free. His philosophy seems spot on, his "tech talks" are very interesting. He's totally uninterested in the scio "Bridge", as are many people who left the Church.

http://www.net-prophet.net/ucp/index.html

He's a little too enthusiastic for my taste, and, like many entusiastic people, he seems to see his own tool as applicable for *all* situations, but, other than that he's a good guy. When he's not wrestling in the Competitive Freezone Mudpit.

Zinj

gomorrhan

Gold Meritorious Patron
Well, I think he was saying a lot of interesting stuff to "the mudpit". He did have a one-note song about everyone being much lower on the tone-scale than they thought, and how anyone who was handling GPMs was at least in Enemy condition or worse (below death). It's a bit different, handling restimulated material from GPMs than it is to actually think you are in those fights right now. The difference is like the difference between getting riled up watching "Braveheart", and thinking you ARE Wallace, and the English must DIE!

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
an anecdote

The other way round certainly; I once knew a Jewish scientologist (ex-GO) now in the freezone who believed he'd been a Nazi in a past life.

I once accused a Native American lady of similar. I was sitting waiting for a bus on a bench. Next to me was a Native American woman- also sitting on that same bench. She started stroking my back. Of course, I didn't want her to, but I was even more interested in finding out where she was going with this so I waited. Then she cooed in this sweet sweet tone "Could you...umm...move?" And I said no. So she started screaming about how I took the Indian people away. I said "What, me personally?" and she said "yes". I said "What about you? Where the hell were you back then? I bet you were on horseback pushing and urging those people onto the trail of tears so don't come bitching to me now."

She didn't like that.

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron
Gender difference here Fluff - I wouldn't mind having a Native American woman stroking my back. I can imagine it now :)

Konchok Penday's stuff looks interesting but in all honesty I find it hard to believe that the UCP is all you need etc., though it would be great if it was. The "one process which handles everything" is like the Philosopher's Stone of the freezone.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Well, yeah, not only were we both female but she was elderly and heavyset. And, as I said, hostile. But I always find encounters like this interesting and I tend to let them go farther than most people would since I always want to know what's going to happen.

Konchie is interesting but he seems as loony as people often accuse Hubbard of being. I've talked to him a bit on a.c.t. His behavior there kind of turned me off. I'm sure that makes me inconsistent since I'm still interested in Scn even when presented with (screamed at, etc) Hubbard's own behaviorisms.

gomorrhan

Gold Meritorious Patron
It was always something which was attractive to people, used to be called the "one shot clear" process.

I think the better way to understand UCP is as an unlimited process which removes automaticities, because it mimics the way the mind works, anyway, according to UCP theory. Takes what's been on automatic and makes it conscious.

Human Again

Silver Meritorious Patron
How important is it to get your beliefs handled when you're progressing up the Bridge, or (otherwise?) progressing spiritually?

I've had some success in getting rid of limiting beliefs, firstly through Harry Palmer's "Avatar" course and later through a method I like better (Byron Katie's "The Work"). Trouble is, there's an awful lot of 'em and it seems like I'm constantly creating new ones which I then either have to accept or get rid of.

Is there an undercut for this process, assuming it's important in the first place (and I believe it is)?

You might like to look at Psych-K. Processes to change beliefs. I came accross it in my studies to gain an understanding of how we encode beliefs int he sub conscious and how we might change them. I studied it and use it on some clients who want it. My hubby has had particularly good results from it. I am by no means an advocate for it as I have not personally had any applied to me, but it's worth checking out.

AH