What's new

Bereavement - John Travolta's Son Jet Died.

Sassy

Patron Meritorious
So sad

I heard this sad news about Jett from a friend and of course was so devastated for what this family must be going through. Then, hearing Jett was 16, I confess I did wonder if this had anything to do with DM not attending the New Year's events. I worried that maybe Jett had become so ill and DM was with the Travoltas to help with how to handle the spin if the news became public. Anyone have any thoughts? :confused2:

Last edited by a moderator:

Pixie

Crusader
I heard this sad news about Jett from a friend and of course was so devastated for what this family must be going through. Then, hearing Jett was 16, I confess I did wonder if this had anything to do with DM not attending the New Year's events. I worried that maybe Jett had become so ill and DM was with the Travoltas to help with how to handle the spin if the news became public. Anyone have any thoughts? :confused2:

Yes Sassy, I answered this for you but it has been moved to another thread for some reason. There are two threads now about Jett so you can check my reply there if you care to. :yes:

Lemuria

Patron with Honors
I send my thoughts and prayers to the Travolta family too.

Guys I recall when I was in CoS, one of my fellow TTCers was taking seizure medication, so it's not entirely unlikely that they would have made the exception for their son. I knew that person in 2000.

klidov

Silver Meritorious Patron
Attorneys: John Travolta 'in shock,' son Jett may have died in his arms

travoltas2.jpg

In an interview with Us, family lawyers Michael McDermott and Michael Ossi said John Travolta is in shock and is emotionally distraught following the death of his only son, 16-year-old Jett Travolta on Friday.

Yesterday was the worst day of his life. Today is probably equally as bad, and if not, it's the second worst day of his life. ...

He is in shock. He is emotionally distraught. ... This is the most traumatic thing that has ever happened to him and he needs to go through a process of healing. John and Kelly [Preston] are suffering total misery. They were so close to their son. This is hard to accept.

Kelly's mother said Jett "was the light of our lives."

John broke the news to little Ella, Jett's 8-year-old sister. She is heartbroken.

She is in disbelief, but it is starting to sink in. She has been asking where her brother is. She was so close to Jett. The whole family were so close. They went everywhere together. If John made a movie, they were all there with him.

One of the attorneys told Us that Jett may have died in John's arms:

Jett may have still been alive when John administered CPR, and then the EMT took over. Jett was pronounced dead at the hospital. I like to believe John had a chance to say goodbye. He may have died in his dad's arms. I am not certain."

The other attorney told People:

"He didn't want anything to happen to that boy, and he kept on trying to revive him. [John] did mouth-to-mouth until they had to physically remove him to take Jett to the hospital."
But there is one consolation for the Travolta family. They are aware of the outpouring of love and support from all over the world

[John] can feel the love and he says it makes him stronger.

taken from:

http://www.examiner.com/x-264-Celebrity-News-Examiner~y2009m1d3-Attorneys-John-Travolta-in-shock-son-Jett-may-have-died-in-his-arms?comments=true

Sassy

Patron Meritorious
Beautiful video

Good Twin, thanks! I'd forgotten about those pictures from when Jett was small , you can truly see how much Jett was loved by his family and how he felt it. A very touchy-feely family further expressing how they feel. :)

Last edited by a moderator: