What's new

Best J & D memories !

At Delphi, in 76, the valley went through a rough patch where the food was consistently bland at best. The auditors (mainly my girlfriend and I) came up with a "Galley Correction List" or "GCL" which included assessment questions like: "Has an earlier gastronomic upset been restimulated?" and other such L3 and Greenform type buttons. Alan Larson read it aloud at staff meeting and he couldn't get through it halfway before losing it. It was the biggest group line charge I have ever seen, even better than a George Carlin live show from the same period. Of course, the galley staff was not amused.
Not true. Some of us were amused.

At Delphi, in 76, the valley went through a rough patch where the food was consistently bland at best. The auditors (mainly my girlfriend and I) came up with a "Galley Correction List" or "GCL" which included assessment questions like: "Has an earlier gastronomic upset been restimulated?" and other such L3 and Greenform type buttons. Alan Larson read it aloud at staff meeting and he couldn't get through it halfway before losing it. It was the biggest group line charge I have ever seen, even better than a George Carlin live show from the same period. Of course, the galley staff was not amused.

JackStraw

Silver Meritorious Patron
When I was really new to scn, working at a mission, a guy came walking down a flight of stairs, leafing through some magazines, (Cracked and MAD) was asked "What you got there?" He was just returned from Flag having trained to be the Ethics Officer (Trained at Flag and done an internship!) and he says "I'm just checking the latest HCOBs from the mail-pack."

A friend and I used to concoct "Int. buttons" for different situations, like getting on a bus. "Kicked off the bus?" "Couldn't get on?"
...hilarious!

Jack

Oh, and the Flag-trained E/O, while at flag, was talking with one of Ron's kids, probably Quinton, was talking about blacks, using words like "spook" or something, and Q couldn't get what he meant. Our hero explained a bit more and Q said "Oh! You mean "jungle-bunnies!" :cheers2:

Jack

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
One time when I was intern course sup (HPCSC) for Briefing Course at old ASHO I saw a BC student just sitting in her chair with her arms crossed and doing nothing.

(Course materials were checked out by some students and not purchased. Sometimes there wasn't enough.)

I asked her why she wasn't doing anything and just sitting there.

She told me "I am in Serenity of Waitingness".

So, I walked away from her knowing that I would not be sent to cramming in Qual for this particular item.