What's new

Buffalo area exes

Thetanblocker

Sorry to hear that, I spent a lot of time with them in the Buf org. Thanks for the update.

I was wondering if there was anyone who could help me. These people need to be made aware of what this "church" really is. Is there somebody who can maybe talk to them and "wake" them up? I am heavily involved with this family, and I need to help them!

I am new here....I am from Buffalo and know everyone. I was a member for 35 years. Now, I am happily not a member and I'm happy, finally. I thought that my "faith" was unwavering, but it just takes the correct change to help people wake up. Its not you telling them that the CofS is a lie....they have to figure that out on their own. There is more to it. I still have "family" at the Buff org to.

BeenLiedTo

Last edited:

This is NOT OK !!!!

Gold Meritorious Patron
In the early to mid '90s I was on a Reg Tour around the east coast and ended up in Buffalo. Didn't go into the org, but came to know a fellow I got a few bucks out of. He was a realtor or property developer of some sort and had his home(?) and office in an old Victorian on a major street downtown.

Anyone know his name?

Hope he got out intact.

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
I am new here....I am from Buffalo and know everyone. I was a member for 35 years. Now, I am happily not a member and I'm happy, finally. I was in the SO for years also. I thought that my "faith" was unwavering, but it just takes the correct change to help people wake up. Its not you telling them that the CofS is a lie....they have to figure that out on their own. There is more to it. I still have "family" at the Buff org to.

BeenLiedTo

Welcome.

I bet you have a story to tell.

Hope you will.

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
I have years upon years of stories really. I still feel traumatized to this day!!

There's a "new members" section on the board.

I suggest you start a thread there.

You'll get lots of support and it may give you a chance to start telling your story.

There's a "new members" section on the board.

I suggest you start a thread there.

You'll get lots of support and it may give you a chance to start telling your story.

Thank you LuLu....I will look at it. My eye was caught by all of the names on this thread. I know all of them....some I grew up with as they were my parents away from parents so to speak. We were handed to everyone to be looked after.

Intentionally Blank

Scientology Widow
Thank you LuLu....I will look at it. My eye was caught by all of the names on this thread. I know all of them....some I grew up with as they were my parents away from parents so to speak. We were handed to everyone to be looked after.

Welcome :) I'm glad you're out and safe. And glad you've joined us.

Blanky

Veda

Sponsor

:)

Welcome, BeenLiedTo.

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
Thank you Blanky! My question is this....how many years till I think like a normal person and not a Scio??

BeenLiedTo

Well, there is nothing "normal" in human beings. After all, there's still no DIN or ISO norm for humanity. :biggrin:

Apart from that: The fact that you asked the question, indicates that you're already on a good way. You may experience a few bumps on your road but well, that's just "normal". :coolwink:

Welcome BeenLiedTo! :welcome2:

Well, there is nothing "normal" in human beings. After all, there's still no DIN or ISO norm for humanity. :biggrin:

Apart from that: The fact that you asked the question, indicates that you're already on a good way. You may experience a few bumps on your road but well, that's just "normal". :coolwink:

Welcome BeenLiedTo! :welcome2:

Thank you Mr. Nobody. I guess normal is a relative term. I want to be able to think and not have every Scio term fly through my head judging what is going on around me. It is frustrating!!!

BeenLiedTo

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
Thank you Mr. Nobody. I guess normal is a relative term. I want to be able to think and not have every Scio term fly through my head judging what is going on around me. It is frustrating!!!

BeenLiedTo

I'm a never-in, so some of the other board members may have many better ideas, but here's what I'd suggest: Whenever a Scio word or thought pops up in your mind, try to rephrase it in standard English words and meanings.

Then take a good look at that now rephrased thought and see how it does affect your current, every-day life. If you find nothing of value within that thought, it can safely be dismissed - at least for now.

Oh, and don't allow any frustrations to demotivate you. To a certain extent, frustrations are a normal (there's that word again) part of everybody's everyday life.

I think it's a great idea to get all that cult-installed thinking out of your mind, but that's certainly not a one-weekend-job - many ESMBers are probably able to testify to that.

So don't let your frustrations put you off, just keep on living a good life as happily as possible. After a while, you'll see the frustrations (and the cult-think as well) become less and less important and bothersome.

:cheers:, MrN

ps:
If you are experiencing a "hole" in your life after leaving the cult, fill it up with some sort of hobby (or your profession), something you're interested in and something you love doing. No matter what that hobby or profession is, you will certainly find heaps of forums with heaps of people to discuss it with and some people may even become good friends, later on. :thumbsup:

Intentionally Blank

Scientology Widow
Thank you Blanky! My question is this....how many years till I think like a normal person and not a Scio??

BeenLiedTo

BeenLiedTo

Wait.... there's a norm?? :unsure: Oh dear ....

BeenLiedTo - I'm a never in. I've been married to a multi-decade scientologist. I have kind of the scientology word thing in reverse. There are words I absolutely refuse to use even if that means I have to hunt for a substitute. The other morning I handed Mr/s Blanky a couple of items from the dishwasher and asked if s/he could 'handle' them. I almost bit my tongue off after I said it. :duh::lol:

Blanky

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
I'm a never-in, so some of the other board members may have many better ideas, but here's what I'd suggest: Whenever a Scio word or thought pops up in your mind, try to rephrase it in standard English words and meanings.

Unfortunately, some of us (especially those who were in a while) often can't really figure out whether some words/terms are "real" or "Scio".

"Handle". "Hat". "Terminal". "Cycle".

:no:

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
Unfortunately, some of us (especially those who were in a while) often can't really figure out whether some words/terms are "real" or "Scio".

"Handle". "Hat". "Terminal". "Cycle".

:no:

Well... I certainly have certain "handling routines" for certain issues in my life. A Terminal", in my life, would be a VT-100 or some such, and a cycle is... well, don't let me get into Bi-Cycles... :melodramatic:

Oh, and a "hat" would be something I'd put on my head, if I were that old-fashioned. :biggrin: