What's new

"Clearing the Planet"

Gadfly

Crusader
The concept of "Clearing the Planet" came up while I was doing another post. I would like to do a little survey. I don't want to give out any information yet, though you could find out more about what I am looking at here if you read my other posts.

Please answer this question as best as you can AS YOU WOULD HAVE ANSWERED IT WHEN YOU WERE IN THE CHURCH DURING YOUR MOST INNOCENT AND SUPPORTIVE STAGE:

1) What does/did it mean to you to "Clear the Planet"?

2) Give some examples if possible, of how this would have appeared in the world, society, families, and life.

Don't over-think this. Answer whatever comes to you right off the bat, as best as you can.

If you want to discuss how dumb, stupid or absurd the concept might be to you now, please start a new thread. I am looking for what any active Scientologist would have considered this to mean. Again, DETAILS would be great, but again, please just answer as best as you can.

Also, if you want to asnwer explaining how SOMEONE ELSE, such as another Sceintologist or LRH meant it (as far as you are concerned), then also start another thread. I am looking for an answer to the question above. I understand that might be hard for some of you.

Note: I am not using OT8 data in some sneaky attempt to try to rehabilitate failed purposes here (LOL). :whistling:

Thanks, Gadfly

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Last edited:
What clearing the planet meant to Hubbard, was clearing the planet of humans who were not introverted, able to think on their own, and did not worship him.

A heavily policed totalitarian society which only thought what Hubbard wanted them to think, and worshiped Hubbard

"Thanks Ron''

everfree

Patron Meritorious
The concept of "Clearing the Planet" came up while I was doing another post. I would like to do a little survey. I don't want to give out any information yet, though you could find out more about what I am looking at here if you read my other posts.

Please answer this question as best as you can AS YOU WOULD HAVE ANSWERED IT WHEN YOU WERE IN THE CHURCH DURING YOUR MOST INNOCENT AND SUPPORTIVE STAGE:

2) Give some examples if possible, of how this would have appeared in the world, society, families, and life.

Don't over-think this. Answer whatever comes to you right off the bat, as best as you can.

If you want to discuss how dumb, stupid or absurd the concept might be to you now, please start a new thread. I am looking for what any active Scientologist would have considered this to mean. Again, DETAILS would be great, but again, please just answer as best as you can.

I thought that it would mean a rational world: people would use communication to solve their problems instead of force; children would be taken care of and not in danger of abuse or neglect; people would try to take care of "all dynamics" instead of just focusing on immediate gain. You know, pretty much the opposite of the CofS.

I was pretty dewy eyed naive, but I'd seen a lot of the world at a fairly young age and yearned for such ideals passionately.

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hell, a Cleared Planet would be a world where strong interest, cheerfulness and enthusiasm where the order of the day.

Rising from bed, we would be all be so happy to carry on with our interests, off to work waving to everyone, knowing it was going to be a great day of action and discovery. Our co-workers would be competent and supportive and chit chatting about all the great art, discoveries, inventions, and great stewardship of our enviroment. Groups and nations, would respect each other.

Each person would be unencumbered by organizational oppression.and the rest of the day..well so much fun,....I am sure you get the idea.

xseaorguk

Patron Meritorious
'clearing' the planet

when I joined the SO this was the main goal.
It meant getting $cn out to everybody and letting them have the 'privilege' of us removing their 'reactive mind'. (how kind of us...!!)

I was truly fighting for this, as it would have meant a world without:
1/Insanity
2/Criminality
3/ War

I even told my family and friends that this is what I was fighting for.

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
I never had a clear concept of it.
I mean how can you clear the planet when at leat 2.5% of the planet are SP's? Doesn't that in itself make it impossible?:confused2:

Or does it really mean "most" of the planet?

Sharone Stainforth

Silver Meritorious Patron

The whole concept of "clearing the planet" to me, whilst in the Sea org was to make every person on earth a "Scientologist". Promoting the line "a world without war, crime and insanity" fell on deaf ears for me as LRH preached these lines together on more than one occasion and yet did the exact opposite of what he preached.

IE:The lower conditions on the org board.People being subjected to harsh punishments for trivial things.I was not aware of all the "misdemeaners" that persons may or may not have committed but I know it did not warrant such harsh treatments.

Especially in the treatment of children.

For instance: There is a big difference between sending a child to their room for something they have done wrong, to maybe reflect on what they have done wrong and in turn think what they can do to not repeat that.

Locking young children up in the bowels of a ship does nothing to make a child reflect on being late, eating a telex, or not being able to write their name. What it does is make one think "there is something seriously wrong with these people".Or at least that is what I thought at the time.

All I could see was "Insanity", one of the very things we were supposed to be "clearing the planet" of.

There is a saying "Charity begins at home" and in my point of view "clearing the planet" should have begun at home too. As in the "Apollo" = "The sanest place on earth". In my world at that time, the Apollo was the most insane place on earth.

Tim Skog

When I was first in and new to Scientology I took it literally to mean that everybody on the planet would be clear. :duh:

ChronicEnturbulator

Patron with Honors
"...and the streets will run red with the blood of the non-belivers!"

As one of the aformentioned 2.5%, if find the concept intriguing...

Also, do you have TP for my bunghole?

Challenge

I thought it a worthwhile goal, and assumed that we would begin by clearing ourselves, our family, then our friends, and then others in our vicinity. Of course, that was the 1950s, and no one was granted the exalted state. It was just an "out there" goal.
Then, much later, when I did FEBC, I thought that we as FEBC adepts, could clear masses of people at once, and the problem of one-on-one clearing would be solved.

Chlng

CornPie

Patron Meritorious
...AS YOU WOULD HAVE ANSWERED...DURING YOUR MOST INNOCENT AND SUPPORTIVE STAGE:

I thought it meant clearing everyone of their reactive minds. At that time, I believed the state of 'clear' existed; hook, line, and sinker. I had no idea that scientology wanted to infect the world, corrupt governments, kill off other religions, etc.

Just one big happy world, full of love, peace and harmony. And I bought it.

JustanotherEX

Patron with Honors
...AS YOU WOULD HAVE ANSWERED...DURING YOUR MOST INNOCENT AND SUPPORTIVE STAGE:

I thought it meant clearing everyone of their reactive minds. At that time, I believed the state of 'clear' existed; hook, line, and sinker. I had no idea that scientology wanted to infect the world, corrupt governments, kill off other religions, etc.

Just one big happy world, full of love, peace and harmony. And I bought it.

That describes where I was at with it as well. Pretty to the point. Love, peace, harmony, safety, justice..... freedom.

Well, I feel stupid now. Bummer.

NonScio

Patron Meritorious
The only form of "Clearing the Planet" is that which is done by
NASA, the military, and other developed nations around the world.
It requires a large rocket booster; to "clear the planet" the
vehicle must reach a velocity of 7 miles per second or about
25,000 miles per hour. Until someone develops some sort of
anti gravity device or some other kind of exotic propulsion device,
the rocket is the only way to go.

Any other talk of "clearing the planet" is nonsense, poppycock.

The only form of "Clearing the Planet" is that which is done by
NASA, the military, and other developed nations around the world.
It requires a large rocket booster; to "clear the planet" the
vehicle must reach a velocity of 7 miles per second or about
25,000 miles per hour. Until someone develops some sort of
anti gravity device or some other kind of exotic propulsion device,
the rocket is the only way to go.

Any other talk of "clearing the planet" is nonsense, poppycock.

Hubbard like to redefine words, it's what cult leaders do.

"The Planet" means "Your Wallet" in Hubbard's cult-ease

Gadfly

Crusader
Thanks to everyone who has answered so far.

I will tabulate the results when done, and it is turning out just like I expected it would. I am sure that anyone disliking cults and manipulation will like my final discussion on this. There IS a method to my madness here.

But I need more responses. So, can anyone who hasn't answered please go back and read my first post of this thread, and answer as best that you can. I need "real" answers to be able to prepare my final "point".

Thank-you all!

Sharone Stainforth

This is difficult as I have had a totally different mind set about Scientology for far too long now, but to answer as honestly as I can as a 7-10 year old.

My Dad told me Scientology was going to help people, it was going to make the world a better place. I understood this back then to mean that there would be no more wars,that no one would commit crimes, that families would live happilly ever after. That there would be no discord amongst people because everyone would love everybody on earth.The peoples of the world would be one huge big happy family, but I was also told that only Scientology had the ability and means to be able to offer this great insight to the world

Therefore in order to "clear the planet" of everything that was wrong in the world ie: war, famine, crime, suffering, pain, disease - there would be NO more of that because if every one became a Scientologist, none of these things would exist anymore, because they(the Scientologists) had all the answers to stop it.Hope this makes sence.

Joining the "elite" Sea Org and working closely with L. Ron Hubbard changed any notion I may of had about Scientology having all the answers to world problems , because from my point of view, not only was it contradictory but Scientology actually created huge problems for people and did not make happier people.

As a Side note: Something I thought of a couple of days ago,when we lived in East. Grinstead in the two houses full of Scientology lodgers. Everyone was an Auntie or Uncle - one big happy family.Auntie Mary, Auntie Betty, Uncle Ernie. None of us were related by blood.

Carmel

Crusader
Thanks to everyone who has answered so far.

I will tabulate the results when done, and it is turning out just like I expected it would. I am sure that anyone disliking cults and manipulation will like my final discussion on this. There IS a method to my madness here.

But I need more responses. So, can anyone who hasn't answered please go back and read my first post of this thread, and answer as best that you can. I need "real" answers to be able to prepare my final "point".

Thank-you all!
Here's a recent thread on the same subject, with quite a few responses.
http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=11895&highlight=cleared+planet