CRIMINON * SECOND CHANCE

HappyGirl

Gold Meritorious Patron
Jan 2007: Second Chance opened.

Dec 2008: Second Chance busted:
http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=9199&highlight=Criminon

Criminon WUS today:

Dear Supes

Once again I am writing to make you aware that our donations have trickled down to a few hundred a month. First I will tell you my consideration about asking for money. I don't like doing it. But we need supplies and postage money. $2000 should do it.

I know that you donate your time and efforts, postage and printers to correcting and moving your inmates through their courses. I do thank you for that. Without you we would not exist. You have my acknowledgement!

However we have to keep going and handle the flow of daily and weekly traffic we get from the prisons. We have no choice. There is no one else but us.

We have an amazing amount of supervisors doing grading, (100-160 give or take activity level )but only a few that really make an effort to contribute with monitory donations.

If ALL the supes donated a mere $10 a month I would not be writing this.
We end up with about 30 supervisors that steadfastly donate and for this I am thankful.

Until we can break through and figure out how to get funding, we have to go through this.

BUT I do have an easier way to donate. I just did it myself. If you want to donate any amount just go to the website
www.criminonwus.org

click on donate now

pick the first choice to just make a donation

this leads you to the PayPal page and you can just fill in the amount, use your CC and send it off.(Donate ANY amount)

You DO NOT have to sign up with PayPal. You can just pay. SIMPLE. I DID IT MYSELF !!!

PLEASE THINK YEAR ENDING AND IF YOU CAN DONATE A LITTLE MORE OF YOUR HARD EARNED TAX DEDUCTABLE MONEY
PLEASE DO......

Love,

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
Scientologists are strapped for cash. Criminon basically gets the donation scraps from what the mother church doesn't beat out of Scientologists.:D

HappyGirl

Gold Meritorious Patron
Volunteers, anyone?

Hey all,

I'm not going to repeat XXX's last message but I did need to mention that we need help in the office, handling the mail and such. It's one night a week, Thursday and only takes a couple hours. I've been going into the office every week since 2003 and I must say it is rewarding.

It also looks good in your ethics file...it might even save your soul...hee hee hee.

HappyGirl

Gold Meritorious Patron
Criminon Africa

From the Desk of the Executive Director
New Appointment – 8th November 2009

Hello!

I am inspired. Today is a new day for me and marks a new and exciting beginning. Yet, it’s also part of a journey since my tenure as the Executive Director for Criminon Africa from 2000 to 2006.

When joining the group it consisted of 6 members in Criminon Gauteng (a State in South Africa) with a couple of hundred receiving correspondence courses. Criminon New Life Centre (a model juvenile diversion program located in the city of Pretoria, South Africa) was already established.

The products and achievements are many but here are some highlights:

• Expanded Criminon in South Africa into 5 Criminon branches in 5 cities including Criminon New Life Centre with 67 volunteers with over 1500 inmates on course weekly and between 20 and 30 juveniles at any given time at the New Life Centre.
• Established the first The Way to Happiness program for illiterate inmates (adults).
• Established a unique delivery program for inmates where they become supervisors and get others through the program.
• Presented Criminon to the Senior Government Officials (Federal level) of the Department of Correctional Services in South Africa, including the Minister of Correctional Services and his Aide at the time, Mr. Alfred Tsetsane. (Mr. Tsetsane was one of the guest speakers at the Opening of The Way to Happiness new headquarters in L.A.)
• Formed part of the 4-man team of the ABLE International delegation sent to the Nigerian Government to do a needs analysis on behalf of their government to introduce the LRH Social Betterment technology and ABLE programs.
• Formed part of the NEPAD (New Partnership for Africa’s Development) delegation in co-ordination with a Senior Executive and personally disseminated Criminon to 17 Ministers from 57 represented African countries.
• Established the very first L.Ron Hubbard Study Centre and Library in a correctional facility on the planet. (At Leeuwkop Correctional Facility, located near Johannesburg, South Africa, where L.Ron Hubbard visited in 1960’s and said “...probably the most modern prison on earth is Leeuwkop”.)

I’ve envisioned a planet where virtues are the lore of men. Where children can be free to play in the streets and parents can sleep peacefully at night without the threat of evil at the door. When punishment is no longer the shackles and chains of men but self-respect and integrity is his weapon of reason. It’s a vision I share with many who are driven on this same purpose.

To this end, I commit to lead Criminon by applying LRH’s technology to expand our network, to implement LRH’s technology as the method of rehabilitation and correction, and to bring about reforms to the justice system which aligns with Ron’s goal of a sane planet.

I thank you for what you’ve done to help.

Let me know what you need and want from me so I can be more effective in achieving our goals.

Best wishes,

Helena LaRocco
ED CRIMINON INTERNATIONAL

EDNon-e_Page_1-1.jpg

EDNon-e_Page_2-1.jpg

Last edited:

HappyGirl

Gold Meritorious Patron
"All,
Earlier I sent out an email asking everyone to keep writing your students and explain the fund shortages as the reason for the temporary slowdown in their lessons. The overall purpose of that request was so the students wouldn't feel neglected and to give them some data as to why. Just so they understand we are a volunteer organization running on donations.

However I have been ordered by the new E.D. Int. to cancel that comm, regarding temporary funding shortages, as it is bad PR. Please do not tell your students when we are low on funds."

Wouldn't it would be awful if inmates knew that Criminon was low on funds? :omg:

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
And that there's a NEW ED Int!:omg:

What a lovely surprise you've uncovered there, HG.:thumbsup:

I wonder who has been shoehorned into the post and what happened to the old one?:coolwink:

HappyGirl

Gold Meritorious Patron
And that there's a NEW ED Int!:omg:

What a lovely surprise you've uncovered there, HG.:thumbsup:

I wonder who has been shoehorned into the post and what happened to the old one?:coolwink:

I totally glibbed over that. Hahaha! I assumed he was talking about Greg Capazzorio, but he's not new. So, hmm, I wonder what happened to Greg and who the new guy is? Anybody know?