What's new

Do scientologists really think the whole world will become clear?

Julian100

Patron
One time I was in a training room where you do the trs and objectives. And one of the staff ladies mentioned that scn is the only way and that the whole world will have to be clear. I asked her if she really thinks the whole planet will join the church. And she said, the whole world better! Or else we are doomed. And it all comes down to the misunderstood words.
She said that it's actually the church's goal to get the whole planet cleared and that it must be done. It's funny cuz I asked her how the homeless can afford to do scn. Then she said if they get a job, they can be able to start taking courses. I mean wow, do they really believe that the whole planet is going to join? Isn't that going off the deep end?

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Cleared planet, by definition, means that MOST people would be clear. It does not mean that everyone will. Though David Miscavige has said that everyone will convert to Scn. Yes, most of them do think so. That's why they said that to you.

Why do you keep asking people to explain things that others have told you? Yes, most CofS members are that indoctrinated and do believe the things they've said to you. That's why they say them to you.

thetanic

Gold Meritorious Patron
Why do you keep asking people to explain things that others have told you? Yes, most CofS members are that indoctrinated and do believe the things they've said to you. That's why they say them to you.

Because we would possibly give different answers.

Julian's actually asking a bunch of questions that a lot of people leaving Scn would want to know -- most of us figure it out by ourselves over time.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Hi, Thetanic,

That's what I thought the first few times I saw some of these threads by Julian. But I kinda ran out of patience and trust, FWIW.

Gadfly

Crusader
Cleared planet, by definition, means that MOST people would be clear. It does not mean that everyone will. Though David Miscavige has said that everyone will convert to Scn. Yes, most of them do think so. That's why they said that to you.

Very good OBJECTIVE view! I like it. Remember though Fluffy that it takes TIME, not a short period of time, to arrive at your degree of "distance" with it all. It's nice to be there, I agree! This "mental distance one has with the subject of Scientology", ths "distance" formed from memories, current interest, emotional and attachment of some form, is quite different though for each person, and directly linked to "how serious" anyone is (still) about it in some way!!!

Did he really say THAT? Whew! A true sign of a looney-tunes fruitcake whacko!

WE WILL CONVERT EVERYONE TO OUR VIEW AND WAY TO LIVE!!!!!! :angry:

(Usually with a carefully hidden, "or else" . . . . . ) :grouch:

And, about "clearing the planet", for me some twenty years ago, I imagined, possibly a bit too vividly, that a "cleared planet" wouldn't have to involve the majority of the population at all! No!!!!!! Why? Because, with even only a very small percentage cleared, with even only a HALF OF ONE PER CENT (or less) of the population "cleared", the geometric multiplication factor due to all of that "FREE THETA", you know, all of those "OT powers seeping into reality through telepathic and invisible pathways" would send the theta/entheta balance over the edge in favor of all things Scientology! Hip-Hip-Hooray! Yes sir! Dang, the crazy shit someone (uh, me) could have actually spent time thinking about!

This Scientology thing is like taking Buddhism and having the BORG assimilate all its qualities, forming a new synthesis. A union of Buddhism and the BORG!

We have the truth.:thumbsup:
We have the way.:happydance:
You will be assimilated.:angry:
Resistance is futile.
:angry::angry:

:bigcry:

I have sometimes had the idea that a version of acceptable "Scientology" for me would involve taking away the LAST TWO sentences (and intentions), and leaving ONLY the FIRST TWO SENTENCES. Whatever needs to be done to make THAT happen.

Scientology is the "reality TV" of modern religions! Scientology incorporates a "determination" akin to modern science fiction (in this case, Sar Trek: The Next Generation). That's kinda weird. :whistling:

Last edited:

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
The 'Clear Planet' has always been one of those 'not-quite-defined' things, although, certainly Ron intended for everyone to become a Scientologist, and, if not, for them to be removed from society. Not since 1965 or '68, but from 1953.

After all, not *wanting* to be a Scientolgist would be ipso facto evidence that a person was below 2.0 on the Tone Scale. Or not? What 'uptone' individual could reject Scientology? Right.

However, realistically seen, Ron wanted Scientology to *control* society, whether every member of society was a Scientologist or not.

So, the *true* Scientology 'Cleared Planet' would be identical to what Scientology institutes where it *does* control the situation.

A Clear Planet is a Sea Org Planet.

Zinj

Gadfly

Crusader
The 'Clear Planet' has always been one of those 'not-quite-defined' things, although, certainly Ron intended for everyone to become a Scientologist, and, if not, for them to be removed from society. Not since 1965 or '68, but from 1953.

After all, not *wanting* to be a Scientolgist would be ipso facto evidence that a person was below 2.0 on the Tone Scale. Or not? What 'uptone' individual could reject Scientology? Right.

However, realistically seen, Ron wanted Scientology to *control* society, whether every member of society was a Scientologist or not.

So, the *true* Scientology 'Cleared Planet' would be identical to what Scientology institutes where it *does* control the situation.

A Clear Planet is a Sea Org Planet.

Zinj

Zinj, what an image of horror! I literally shivered for a split second there when I just read this. Ouch!!!!!!

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Very good OBJECTIVE view! I like it. Remember though Fluffy that it takes TIME, not a short period of time, to arrive at your degree of "distance" with it all. It's nice to be there, I agree! This "mental distance one has with the subject of Scientology", ths "distance" formed from memories, current interest, emotional and attachment of some form, is quite different though for each person, and directly linked to "how serious" anyone is (still) about it in some way!!!

Did he really say THAT? Whew! A true sign of a looney-tunes fruitcake whacko!

WE WILL CONVERT EVERYONE TO OUR VIEW AND WAY TO LIVE!!!!!! :angry:

(Usually with a carefully hidden, "or else" . . . . . ) :grouch:

And, about "clearing the planet", for me some twenty years ago, I imagined, possibly a bit too vividly, that a "cleared planet" wouldn't have to involve the majority of the population at all! No!!!!!! Why? Because, with even only a very small percentage cleared, with even only a HALF OF ONE PER CENT (or less) of the population "cleared", the geometric multiplication factor due to all of that "FREE THETA", you know, all of those "OT powers seeping into reality through telepathic and invisible pathways" would send the theta/entheta balance over the edge in favor of all things Scientology! Hip-Hip-Hooray! Yes sir! Dang, the crazy shit someone (uh, me) could have actually spent time thinking about!

This Scientology thing is like taking Buddhism and having the BORG assimilate all its qualities, forming a new synthesis. A union of Buddhism and the BORG!

We have the truth.:thumbsup:
We have the way.:happydance:
You will be assimilated.:angry:
Resistance is futile.
:angry::angry:

:bigcry:

I have sometimes had the idea that a version of acceptable "Scientology" for me would involve taking away the LAST TWO sentences (and intentions), and leaving ONLY the FIRST TWO SENTENCES. Whatever needs to be done to make THAT happen.

Scientology is the "reality TV" of modern religions! Scientology incorporates a "determination" akin to modern science fiction (in this case, Sar Trek: The Next Generation). That's kinda weird. :whistling:

I think DM mainly wants more adherents to his nut cult and cannot see that he's getting LESS of them all the time- not more. But the more members, the more money...but this just ain't happenin'.

nozeno

Gold Meritorious Patron
One time I was in a training room where you do the trs and objectives. And one of the staff ladies mentioned that scn is the only way and that the whole world will have to be clear. I asked her if she really thinks the whole planet will join the church. And she said, the whole world better! Or else we are doomed. And it all comes down to the misunderstood words.
She said that it's actually the church's goal to get the whole planet cleared and that it must be done. It's funny cuz I asked her how the homeless can afford to do scn. Then she said if they get a job, they can be able to start taking courses. I mean wow, do they really believe that the whole planet is going to join? Isn't that going off the deep end?

Yes.

FlunkedForLaughing

Patron with Honors
Julian's actually asking a bunch of questions that a lot of people leaving Scn would want to know -- most of us figure it out by ourselves over time.

It can take many months or years to figure it all out. This is the normal process out.

The lies and deception that you hear from staff members originally came from LRH. He is the source of the lies and deception, in his lectures and written materials.

Doing "Scientology" (training, drills, processing, ethics, etc) puts a person in a state of mind to just accept what you learn and not question anything. This is a brainwashed state of mind. When you start asking questions and really start thinking and looking for yourself, you'll see that things don't add up, and you are on the way out.

The lies run deep. It can sometimes be like an onion with many layers to be removed one after the other. The most difficult thing for a Scientologist to confront is anything bad about Scientology.

One question I asked myself in the early days is how is it possible that LRH found the ultimate Truth, when he was filled with so many lies and so much deception.

FFL

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
I never did believe that Scn would clear the planet. Just look at the anti-depressant drugs stats - all of those people taking them are "illegal PCs". How can the world be cleared with at least 1/3 of the population on anti-depressants?

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
I never did believe that Scn would clear the planet. Just look at the anti-depressant drugs stats - all of those people taking them are "illegal PCs". How can the world be cleared with at least 1/3 of the population on anti-depressants?

The real 'stat' is dentists.

How well is Scientology doing on 'clearing' the planet if there are still Dentists in business?

A 'Clear' can regenerate his own teeth!

Zinj

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather

Bob is your only hope;

http://www.subgenius.com/ -*\

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Did somebody say "DOX or STFU???"

The real 'stat' is dentists.How well is Scientology doing on 'clearing' the planet if there are still Dentists in business? A 'Clear' can regenerate his own teeth!

"....blind, crippled and nearly toothless at the end of WW II, Hubbard discovered the mystical secrets of Clearing that lead to his scientifically documented, miraculous recovery--and the the patented Commodore Tooth Whitening System, now available in stores near you!"

BEFORE CLEARING
JPGHUBBARD.jpg

AFTER CLEARING (UNRETOUCHED!)
Screenshot2010-01-01at100541PM.png

Irayam

Patron with Honors
Hi All,

Compared to the world statistics like on this site : http://www.worldometers.info/
I don't see how, without OT powers, the planet could be cleared...
Of course, now, if you believe in OT powers...

All the best for 2010 for you all !

Irayam

nozeno

Gold Meritorious Patron
"....blind, crippled and nearly toothless at the end of WW II, Hubbard discovered the mystical secrets of Clearing that lead to his scientifically documented, miraculous recovery--and the the patented Commodore Tooth Whitening System, now available in stores near you!"

BEFORE CLEARING
JPGHUBBARD.jpg

AFTER CLEARING (UNRETOUCHED!)
Screenshot2010-01-01at100541PM.png

Wow. Looks like that teeth regeneration thing Zinj was talking about it true.

G

Gottabrain

Back in my naive and brainwashed Sea Org days, I never quite believed that, but it was easy to get swept up in other people's visions.

You'd be amazed how powerful an idea can be, no matter how ridiculous, if the majority of the group repeat it enough times and believe it, if there are no outside influences and if you are rewarded for your enthusiasm and agreement to these ridiculous notions.

Scientists used to think the world was flat, too, and guarded by dragons. Imagination and group agreement are powerful things. It takes a strong will and determination to rise above that and seek out the one path in life that is meant for you alone.