What's new

Ex Mission Staff

scifibandit

Got into Scientology because of my ex-husband when I was too young and too positive, and too romantic-minded to realize I should be more skeptical.

When I found out that my ex-husband was gay, he told me scientology would cure him. I left him because I couldn't trust him anymore. I couldn't understand a) why being gay should be a bad thing, b) why a gay man would want to cure himself, and c) why he would lie to me about it and GET MARRIED to me, when we could have just been friends, and he could have any sort of real relationship he wanted. I wish I had left scientology that fast, but it took the release of the Basics to seal that deal. I didn't even leave after getting chronically lied-to about pay and mentally abused on staff at a mission.

If you want my mission story, and boy is it a good one, let's speak privately.

:)

VaD

Gold Meritorious Patron
Welcome again, scifibandit!

I couldn't understand a) why being gay should be a bad thing,
Here, in Russia, it's still looked down on and despised.

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout
You're not alone. I regularly meet gay men who were or are married to women with or without children. I never understood why so many gay men do this to themselves and others. I suppose it's a societal thing. They are pressured into doing what society or religion expects them to do: marry a woman and/or have kids. Things for the man don't change upon getting married and eventually the man realizes that his gayness is an immutable characteristic and still longs for the companionship of another man and later decides to divorce usually leaving the woman heart broken or pissed off or whatever. In the better cases the wife is understanding and they have an amicable relationship after separation.

Your post reminded me of a married scientology couple just like yours when I was on lines at a mission back in the early 80's.

By the way, scientology can't cure anything. So just enjoy what life has to offer.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
I'm ex mission staff, too. It was pretty bad in its way. I know there are others who had it far worse, but, still, no bed of roses.

Anyone who gets through any staff contract anywhere has got to have good survival instincts and a whole lotta moxie.

Oh, and by the way- Welcome!

Cuckoo Maran

I started out as a student/pc, was then on staff for a mission group in LA, and one of my jobs was to be the mission Ethics Officer... part of which meant having to read the O/WH write-ups from students... Some of whom were gay and wrote their sex lives in detail, having been convinced that gay sex was nothing but overts. Since LRH branded gays as being chronically 1.1 (covert hostility), we were also under instructions to carefully watch any gay for sabotage of various types. The conflicts between the reality of life and the directives initially distressed and alarmed me, and then I chose to leave staff as I could not reconcile the two. The power that was wielded was in gross disproportion to human understanding, both at the mission level, and then, when I joined the SO, I found the same problems at the very top. The torture was that there was some amazing truth there too - the issue became how to separate the two. I will never say aspects of SCN were "stupid" (a word I've seen used in various posts a lot), but I will say there was a huge dose of "crazy" (my quotes), in that reality was not separated from fiction in the thinking, writing and directives of various people, from LRH on down.

jenni with an eye

Silver Meritorious Patron
Got into Scientology because of my ex-husband when I was too young and too positive, and too romantic-minded to realize I should be more skeptical.

When I found out that my ex-husband was gay, he told me scientology would cure him. I left him because I couldn't trust him anymore. I couldn't understand a) why being gay should be a bad thing, b) why a gay man would want to cure himself, and c) why he would lie to me about it and GET MARRIED to me, when we could have just been friends, and he could have any sort of real relationship he wanted. I wish I had left scientology that fast, but it took the release of the Basics to seal that deal. I didn't even leave after getting chronically lied-to about pay and mentally abused on staff at a mission.

:welcome2: Scifi Bandit, I love a good story.....out in the open....:drama:

:thewave:

I started out as a student/pc, was then on staff for a mission group in LA, and one of my jobs was to be the mission Ethics Officer... part of which meant having to read the O/WH write-ups from students... Some of whom were gay and wrote their sex lives in detail, having been convinced that gay sex was nothing but overts. Since LRH branded gays as being chronically 1.1 (covert hostility), we were also under instructions to carefully watch any gay for sabotage of various types. The conflicts between the reality of life and the directives initially distressed and alarmed me, and then I chose to leave staff as I could not reconcile the two. The power that was wielded was in gross disproportion to human understanding, both at the mission level, and then, when I joined the SO, I found the same problems at the very top. The torture was that there was some amazing truth there too - the issue became how to separate the two. I will never say aspects of SCN were "stupid" (a word I've seen used in various posts a lot), but I will say there was a huge dose of "crazy" (my quotes), in that reality was not separated from fiction in the thinking, writing and directives of various people, from LRH on down.

:welcome2: to you too Cuckoo Maran

:thewave:

Slappy

Patron
hello to you all.
It's been a life-changing month and a bit for me. Although I was 'offlines' from a scio mission since 2005, where I was both on staff and public. It's only recently that I've dared thrawl through the internets to see what all the SPs were dramatising. I guess I was ready for OT8 - truth revealed. The first port of call was Marty Rathbun & Mike Rinder's testimonials on Miss Cavige's super-power abilities to make money vanish from people's accounts. And to open cans of whoop-ass. That led me down the rabbit's hole only to appear at the devil's alter, where the satanic bible was called "A Piece of Blue Sky".

So here I sit, joining the enemy, 180 degrees turned around, and with a fundamental understanding of 'Source' that really does clear up all them MUs that never seemed to clear.

Karma has descended on this organisation. Its downfall is being well documented, which is just priceless for our modern culture and for the generations to follow.

LRH showed the world just how great an effect you can cause by applying workable tech - even if that tech is straight out of cold-war Europe's counter-intelligence manuals. So let us all apply the most fundamental tech - open and free communication. This will be the ultimate irony, and the ultimate destruction of this tower of tightly-stacked Benjamins that reach to the sky.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill

Welcome!!