What's new

Hello

WD Doodle

Hello everyone. I have read few of Hubbard's books, so now I am just wanting to learn more about Scientology and this seems like a good place to start. I am sure I will learn a lot here.

Techless

Patron Meritorious
Hello everyone. I have read few of Hubbard's books, so now I am just wanting to learn more about Scientology and this seems like a good place to start. I am sure I will learn a lot here.

Welcome WDDoodle! As long as you are here to find about why never to get into SCN, then you are in the right place! If otherwise: it may get a bit bumpy for you if you are looking to get into it more...

Cheers
TL

WD Doodle

Welcome WDDoodle! As long as you are here to find about why never to get into SCN, then you are in the right place! If otherwise: it may get a bit bumpy for you if you are looking to get into it more...

Cheers
TL
Thank you. I am looking into getting into it more. I have been reading my brother's books and he has told me a lot about it. I could have sworn this was the forum he was telling me about where you could get a lot of free information. LOL. I found this forum from a bookmark on his computer, but I have a feeling I am on the wrong website.

Helena Handbasket

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hi WD Doodle,

You will find there are two distinct categories of people here on ESMB. There are the Indies, who practice the tech OUSIDE of church control, and the Antis, who consider the whole subject a fraud and want nothing more to do with it, save to talk about their bad experiences. I am an Indie.

Helena

R6Basic

Patron Meritorious
Hey WD!

I started out reading the books as well. There is a big difference between what Hubbard wrote and what Scn. actually is.

I would tell you not get involved but sometimes people have just got to "find out for themselves" that there is almost no wroth in Scn.

I can tell you what can happen. If you just get into Scn. a little bit you will probably get some "wins." Then you'll spend the rest of your time trying to get back to the early wins that you felt when you first started. You'll get fed up with the constant need the cult has for money then you'll leave and start posting here.

Spirit

just another son of God
Welcome, WD.
If you are looking for information to forward your spiritual journey, it is here. If you are looking for information that will make it all wrong and evil, you will also find it. And there are many shades of grey. Your choice.

Last edited:

As you get higher up the Scientology levels you become a powerful being who is able to lie without the tiniest bit of conscience, and Tommy Davis AKA Thomas (to sanitize his filthy name) was one of scientologist best liars, though it's hard to choose between so many who are so good at it. You can also become successful in life by owning drug houses like David Miscaviges twin sister Denise. She is one of the stellar examples of scientology's Drug Rundown, which is famous for helping addicts to become better dealers, if they don't die doing the program. Let's not forget Tom Cruise, who is said to have assaulted the liar, Tommy Davis. It's all about making you a powerful being and these examples are worth considering.

It is an exciting game too....life is a game according to Dr Lafayette Ron Hubbard who is a nuclear physicist and was the reincarnated Buddha, until he died. It's exciting for scientology public realtions slaves chasing down all the bad publicity about David Miscavige and his drug taking, boozing sister who is a very high level being (OT 6 I think and maybe half of OT 7 - but then what is half of forever? because forever is how long she was doing that level)...until the cops dragged her away. An exciting game for Tommy too who had to change his name! Just like in the novels...as I said to try to prevent people connecting all the terrible stuff on the internet to him. But everyone knows who he is. Tom Cruise has his share of excitement too. He knows everyone knows what he is and that those who dribble over him are a tiny minority. Sort of like being out in the spotlight, in the public and wearing the Hollywood grin while being covered in shit and stinking to high heaven. How surreal must that be? And then stories leaking out about smacking Tommy Davis. Tommy's mother is Anne Archer. She's famous. I bet she's enjoying having all this publicity too. If you have any questions just google scientology and you will see this and more and youtube is flooded with videos too!

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
Iiiiiiiiiiiiit's Statsurday again! How can I tell? "I am not a scilontologist but... blah-blah, so interesting, blah-blah..."

Oh, welcome noobie who is in the wrong place :welcome: You should stay and read a while, ya might change your stripes some :whistling:

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
Iiiiiiiiiiiiit's Statsurday again! How can I tell? "I am not a scilontologist but... blah-blah, so interesting, blah-blah..."

Oh, welcome noobie who is in the wrong place :welcome: You should stay and read a while, ya might change your stripes some :whistling:

Yep they crawl out from under their Bridges on Holy Thursdays, eh?:roflmao:

JustMe

Patron Meritorious

Hi WD honey.

Without one ounce of hate or bitterness I can sum up scientology for myself and for pretty much everyone I know personally who has been in it for years (which is many):

"Scientology, the game where everybody loses".

Last edited:

WD Doodle

Thanks for all of the comments. I been surfin this board some more and think I may have a change of heart.

It all sounds like sorcery. The Bible mentions demons and their sorcery, so out of common sense, I think I will pass on the Highway to Hell.

Jump

Operating teatime
Thanks for all of the comments. I been surfin this board some more and think I may have a change of heart.

It all sounds like sorcery. The Bible mentions demons and their sorcery, so out of common sense, I think I will pass on the Highway to Hell.

If Hell is huge debts, broken families and being recklessly taken advantage of, then yes, scientology is the road to that. It is a grab-bag of shuffled truth, lies and curve-balls that messes with the best heads.

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hello, Doodle ! :wave: :welcome2: Learn it here, because you do not want first hand knowledge - that way might become the last knowledge you ever learn. Scno/co$ closes all other doors. SLAM - and it is hell getting out after the door slam. It is all over the internet, by exes and Indies - stay free. Nice sentiment, here on Independence Day. :biggrin:

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Hi WD Doodle! I understand your fascination and curiosity but it seems you have started to see red flags early enough now, what many of us failed to see early on enough to avoid getting sucked into it. That's good!

If you want to know the scoop on how Scientology compares to Christianity and other religions there are some excellent resources to help inform people of the facts.
Start here "Is Scientology Compatible With Christianity?" by Christopher Weldon
http://www.scribd.com/doc/78708074/Is-Scientology-Compatible-With-Christianity-Weldon

After you check "Is Scientology Compatable with Christianity? ", then start with Scientology Religiosity? Series I by one of the brightest and dedicated of people nic named Anonlover
http://www.scribd.com/doc/65916147/Scientology-Religiosity-Volume-I

These are part of a excellent group of free online documents and articles at the same location with the very concise and informative: Scientology and Religiosity? Series which consists of several volumes of very well researched and documented information on Scientology beliefs and how they compare to Christianity and other religions
http://www.scribd.com/collections/3084764/Scientology-Religiosity-Series

I wish you the best on your journey!

Mary McConnell

Last edited:

Techless

Patron Meritorious
"... now I am just wanting to learn more about Scientology and this seems like a good place to start..."

So just how do people end up at an "EX-SCI..." message board and think they will learn more about how great Scn is?

I think if I can find the answer to this, I will have attained OATEE XXVXXVIII!

HHmmm - thought for the day -

But, if you have successfully 'changed your heart' about the subject, after reading things here: then that is a great thing for sure.

Happy, Happy!
TL

Hey WD Doodle! If you are looking for information on scientology you are in the right place! The insights her are invaluable regardless of your reasons for being interested in the subject. Whether you are a scio, former scio, future scio, or just someone looking for some research material you will find something useful and be welcomed here. Just keep in mind this board is primarily for Ex-Scientologists so the views expressed are primarily from that view point. So don't be surprised if you hear a lot of negative views. It's interesting that your brother introduced you to the topic. Is he a scientologist? If so, I'm glad to hear he is visiting this site....he may learn some interesting things that the church doesn't exactly advertise!

Anonycat

Crusader
Thank you. I am looking into getting into it more. I have been reading my brother's books and he has told me a lot about it. I could have sworn this was the forum he was telling me about where you could get a lot of free information. LOL. I found this forum from a bookmark on his computer, but I have a feeling I am on the wrong website.

Maybe he's trying to direct you to the truth before you get lost to the cult?

hpm1999

Patron with Honors

I actually shuddered when I read your post. My roommate went into SCIO center and had a free test- bought Dianetics- but shrugged it off. He gave his copy of Dianetics to me and I read it. Went to the center and then....

I urge you to seek information regarding SCIO from every EVERY possible source. Read, look at videos BEFORE you go into a center.

There are many here who are more qualified, were in longer, have been out longer and have given more thought to this.

Please engage in conversation and a free exchange of ideas.

I wish you good luck in your effort...

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
WD, well done, you made a good mistake.

Your mistake enables you to find out what the cult really is like. Lurk here, read some posts, it's fascinating!
Very well done on getting here not there.