I CLOSED MACE KINGSLEY RANCH in NEW MEXICO

Discussion in 'Stories From Inside Scientology' started by ikilledmacekingsley, Aug 12, 2009.

View Users: View Users
  1. AnonyMary

AnonyMary Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

I think you are taking the title of his OP too literally. And I think what he/she wrote in the title was a little bit exaggerated. But what he posted as a comment is important for people to know.

He collected home contact information of other kids and then he ( and, I believe, his parents) called the kid's parents to explain the situation there, and many parents then filed complaints with agencies or the police. As a result, the place was shut down.

I'm surprised at your hostility ( or maybe it's scarcasm? -- hard to tell) towards this poster. I would think you would look at what he /she did as a good thing.

What you both have in common is that you were treated terribly while there. Please tell us more about your experiences there so we can understand. I appreciate you and all the others who went there coming here to post and hope to hear more. The physical and or mental abuse of children by Scientology, it's front groups or it's members is never acceptable - it's been going on for many, many years and it needs to be stopped. Your experiences, what you can say of them, will help on this.

ps: I read Aaron's book and in it he mentions getting lost in the mountains while trying to escape Narconon Arrowhead. Did he get lost at Mace Kingsley, too?

2. AnonyMary

Meagan Porpora at Scientology's Mace-Kingsley Ranch

Meagan Porpora at Scientology's Mace-Kingsley Ranch
    March 2004.
    My name is Meagan Porpora and I am 25 years old now. When I was 17 years old, I agreed to go to the Mace Kingsley Ranch under false pretenses. I was told I would only be there for a week. My mother was dating a man who was into Scientology. ....
    http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Scientology/Miscellaneous/meagan-porpora.html

3. davidmis10

davidmis10 Patron

no he got lost in the mountains escaping from mace kingsley ranch

4. AnonyMary

Yes, thanks.

When you are up to it, tell us more your story davidmis.

5. MisterG

MisterG New Member

Re: ex kids site

Hey Auggie, I'm CT. I'm working on the second season of a groundbreaking series aimed at uncovering stories very much like the one you described here. I'd love to chat with you about your time @ MKR. Since I can't send PM's yet on here for some weird reason, I don't know of another safe way to exchange contact info with you than to invite you to send us to your information through the following link which is totally confidential: http://www.mikerindersblog.org/contact-me/

Thank you!

6. Afterlife has not posted since 2009 so you may not get a reply.

7. FormerScn

FormerScn Patron

OMFG

Does anybody know where I can find more information about this?

8. phenomanon

phenomanon Gold Meritorious Patron

No one at MK has mentioned Debbie Mace or Carol Kingsley.
    They were both Class VIIIs and SO. AmIrite?

"Daddy" Debbie left the bubble with a wealthy female PC a few years back. There were pics on here.
    I hope the godforsaken place is closed down.

9. Enthetan

Enthetan Mutant

Found a pic of Debbie Mace (Debbie on the right), posted by our own Karen#1 at Mike Rinder's blog

[​IMG]

10. TrevAnon

TrevAnon Big List researcher

11. Enthetan

Enthetan Mutant

12. Ranch Kid 1450

Ranch Kid 1450 New Member

that's because they had nothing to do with the mk ranch at that time.Molly Baxter and her husband Randy were in charge. I think they just didn't change the name until they moved us kids from reserve to carazozo. Then it was The ranch school.

13. Emma

Emma Mother of Dragons Administrator

Hi Ranch Kid! Welcome to ESMB.:welcome:
    I'd love to hear your story when you are ready to tell it.

14. Lurker5

Lurker5 Gold Meritorious Patron

Hi Ranch Kid. Welcome !

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  15. AnonyMary

Hi, and welcome!~ I believe you have to post a number of times before you can PM other members. Since we have a recent forum format change, I am not certain how many PMs are required for a new member. So keep posting. Share your story!

16. Lori

Lori Cheryl E Love

Do you remember a guy ya’ll called Bam Bam.... 2001 was also called Papa Whiskey.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
  17. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

Leah has an upcoming show on the subject of this thread so I suspect MisterG was doing research for that. Aftermath is in the middle of a two week break, so sometime soon after that, millions of people will hear about these stories!

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
  18. AnonyMary

My apologies... thanks for the correction... I confused the two places. Poor Aaron was sent to both MKR and Narconon in OK. One after the other. :(

Yes, he was lost but kept hiking until he came to a road where he got a ride into some small town and called his parents. By then he was in the manic stage of his Bipolar disorder, enough to think that they would come and get him and take him home. Much to his dismay, they then got someone from Mace Kingsly Ranch to get him. He waited for his parents to contact him there, and went about the usual routine in the hopes of soon going home.

Some days later, during a free time period, he wrote that he broke his arm while wrestling with another MKR kid... he insisted on going to the hospital to get it fixed and was eventually taken there... he was given Demerol and the arm was reset and cast. He then returned, the hope being that his parents would come get him to take him home. But then he took off again... and was tracked down, found and returned.

The ED contacted his parents and Aaron was told that his Mom was coming to visit. Christmas was coming soon, he wanted to be home for Christmas. When she got there, she was very disturbed by what she saw. She got a motel room and had him stay with her until she could coordinate plans to get him to Narconon in OK.

Seems that this idea of sending him there was pushed on his parents by both the MKR ED and someone from the org at home who did not want him being put back on psych drugs ( Lithium ). :furious:

It was absolutely nuts to send him to a Narconon. This is what Denise Miscavige Gentile tried to get Victoria Britton to do with Kyle Brennan for his mental illness. :bigcry:

Eventually Aaron's parents came to realize that Scientology was not helping him, and thus began Aaron's path to betterment through traditional and appropriate mental health care. :winner:

This also led his parents to eventually leave Scientology for good. :winner::winner:

Aaron's book is well worth reading for everyone. It's not a perfect book, but it reveals so much about how Scientology and it's front groups treat kids and those with mental illness. It also records his harrowing path to the victory of finally escaping Scientology and making his way back into the real world, one step at a time, with appropriate medical and mental health care.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=Aaron+David+Gottfried+author

19. Ranch Kid 1450

Ranch Kid 1450 New Member

yes i do!