What's new

Ideal Org Fundraising Technique

Kha Khan

Patron Meritorious
Courtesy of Bob Johnson on Marty's Blog:

YouTube - Crazy Scientologists Montreal Ideal Org Fundraising Technique read description!
This video was filmed 6 hrs 30 into a 8 hrs 30 long fundraising event. It was 1:30 am at the time of the filming.

And Bob's very relevant concern:
What really disturbs about this event is how a little old lady who looks like she’s in her 70s is not allowed to leave the event. You first see her at about 2:04 into the video. She’s probably broke, tired, needs her blood pressure medication, and just wants to go home. At about 2:30 into the video she’s being given an “r-factor” by some lady in black shirt, probably about how she has to stay until the end of event so that they can keep regging people. I know what happens; I’ve been to these kind of events. The peer pressure to stay until everyone else leaves is intense, as you don’t want to seem like you’re not a “team player”. It’s fine if the younger people want to stay there until late in the night pushing their arms up into the air, but it makes me sick this elderly lady is being coerced to stay even though she obviously wants to leave.

WWP: Ideal Org Fundraising Technique

/

Wisened One

Crusader
:omg: It (IAS Event, right?) went on until 3:30 a.m?! :ohmy: But then again, it would NOT surprise me! That is waaayyyy too late!

I've been to several and yes, had to stay until the very end. I think they'd gone on till about 1 am at the latest. (correct me somebody if I'm mistaken?).

How I HATED those!

What's even WORSE, is that the people that are there are not told what they're coming in for until it's too late and they're trapped in the room. Jeez. :melodramatic:

And what's with all the music and crap? Guess they must be all tryin' to get the Holy Hubbard, huh? :p

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron
what it resembles ...

Other than the secular music, it resembles a conventional church worship service as opposed to Scientology in any way, shape, or form.

Meanwhile, I can see all those great looking women ... what a waste ... for the guys in that scene, they can't even flirt with them without the possibility of a KAY-AR for being OUT TOODEE.

Boy oh boy, do I wish I were a cult head honcho ... all that money and if it were me, I would NOT let my opportunity with all those women go to waste.

Pete

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Meanwhile, I can see all those great looking women ... what a waste ... for the guys in that scene, they can't even flirt with them without the possibility of a KAY-AR for being OUT TOODEE.

HellYeah, especially the silverhaired fox!

Wait....Is it out-ethics to hit on a NILF?

Nonagenarian

practice

Patron with Honors
What. The. Fuck.

I have never, ever seen anything like that in my life.

Thank God for being poor!!

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
When you watch that it's like watching some bizarre sacrificial ceremony where everyone is whipped up into a frenzy over hours and hours, and then at some point someone is laid down on the ground and their heart is cut out and held up still beating to the frantic crowd. Not too different really, people end up financially dead. I'm not sure what mental phenomenon it is that is exploited but it's something very primitive that only gets masked by modern music and video cameras.

HelluvaHoax!

When you watch that it's like watching some bizarre sacrificial ceremony where everyone is whipped up into a frenzy over hours and hours, and then at some point someone is laid down on the ground and their heart is cut out and held up still beating to the frantic crowd. Not too different really, people end up financially dead. I'm not sure what mental phenomenon it is that is exploited but it's something very primitive that only gets masked by modern music and video cameras.

Ideal Org Fundraising Event in Seoul Korea.

The theta blowdowns and cognitions really start about 1:30.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cwkmu6EJlTE&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cwkmu6EJlTE&feature=related[/URL]​

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hey thanks for helping me pick out my next vacation. Those guys bring the love bomb into the thermo-nuclear era.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cwkmu6EJlTE&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cwkmu6EJlTE&feature=related[/URL]​

HelluvaHoax!

Where do you find this stuff so quick HH?

Join the Church of Hoaxology and all shall be revealed to you.

Hoaxologists are guaranteed wins beyond their wildest delusion!

Just like my parishioner at 1:40 of the video who is experiencing a LONG FALL ROLL DOWN.

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron
What the heck!

Do you believe in what they or doing or not? It doesn't matter. That Holy Ghost laughter makes them feel better, laughter is good for the soul, and, for that matter, good for Seoul. It's a lot cheaper than an IAS donation worship service, and, unlike the IAS donation service, nobody goes home doing a slow internal burn, feeling like he has been taken advantage of and taken to the cleaners.

Personally, I believe that there is such a thing as genuine manifestation of the Holy Ghost, I don't buy for one moment that it ended the day of Pentecost. However ... the nature of the manifestation ... is it genuine or a manifestation of group think? Might there be a motivation to manifest to gain status in the group? God knows, I don't.

My issue with that church ... and this is speculation ... is that this church is a registered church and is therefore not an independent pulpit that would be willing to speak out and expose corruption, which I believe is legitimate function of the church. In the US, churches aren't "registered" in the way that they were in the old Soviet Union, but, they are effectively registered via acceptance of not for profit corporation status using the privilege of tax exemption versus standing on their inalienable right to remain an exception to the tax codes.

I have gone to many mega churches at the request of my wife and son, and some I have even enjoyed the services of. But there is something that just irritates the heck out of me knowing that if I were to tithe and/or give beyond a tithe, the funds would be going to a legal fiction, a not for profit corporation chartered via the good graces and permission of state government and no doubt granted a tax exemption, having therefore waived their inalienable right to remain an exception. I believe that the political climate in this country that is being manufactured will eventually lead to government pulling the strings they have attached to churches via their corporate status to silence the pulplt and/or totally confine it within the church. Furthermore, there exists a program where FEMA has been contacting various church pastors and encouraging them to work with FEMA in the event of some sort of disaster, encouraging people to turn their guns in and get on the FEMA bus for evacuation. Furthermore, most times I have spoken to the regulars at these sorts of churches and raise any of these issues they mainly have no clue whatsoever as to what I am talking about or go into a certain catatonic brainfart upset mode.

Here in the US, these folks tend to be 9-11 officlal govt. version true believers, will go into the usual clucking noises about "render unto Caesar" anytime you discuss tax issues and how liabilities are incurred, etc. I remember the blast I got back in 1990 talking with one of these folks about how the Federal Reserve System works, how the nature of citizenship in this country changed from Citizen of a state to Federal US citizenship, etc. This guy went off on me verbally like you wouldn't believe.

Anyways ... I think all churches tend to become bastions of brainwashed thinking, because of all of the other baggage that people bring along, along with their Bibles .. and I think that this tends to happen in larger churches with larger congregations.

Pete