What's new

Ideal Org Fundraising Technique

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron
what should have been posted with my last post

Do you believe in what they or doing or not? It doesn't matter. That Holy Ghost laughter makes them feel better, laughter is good for the soul, and, for that matter, good for Seoul. It's a lot cheaper than an IAS donation worship service, and, unlike the IAS donation service, nobody goes home doing a slow internal burn, feeling like he has been taken advantage of and taken to the cleaners.

Personally, I believe that there is such a thing as genuine manifestation of the Holy Ghost, I don't buy for one moment that it ended the day of Pentecost. However ... the nature of the manifestation ... is it genuine or a manifestation of group think? Might there be a motivation to manifest to gain status in the group? God knows, I don't.

My issue with that church ... and this is speculation ... is that this church is a registered church and is therefore not an independent pulpit that would be willing to speak out and expose corruption, which I believe is legitimate function of the church. In the US, churches aren't "registered" in the way that they were in the old Soviet Union, but, they are effectively registered via acceptance of not for profit corporation status using the privilege of tax exemption versus standing on their inalienable right to remain an exception to the tax codes.

I have gone to many mega churches at the request of my wife and son, and some I have even enjoyed the services of. But there is something that just irritates the heck out of me knowing that if I were to tithe and/or give beyond a tithe, the funds would be going to a legal fiction, a not for profit corporation chartered via the good graces and permission of state government and no doubt granted a tax exemption, having therefore waived their inalienable right to remain an exception. I believe that the political climate in this country that is being manufactured will eventually lead to government pulling the strings they have attached to churches via their corporate status to silence the pulplt and/or totally confine it within the church. Furthermore, there exists a program where FEMA has been contacting various church pastors and encouraging them to work with FEMA in the event of some sort of disaster, encouraging people to turn their guns in and get on the FEMA bus for evacuation. Furthermore, most times I have spoken to the regulars at these sorts of churches and raise any of these issues they mainly have no clue whatsoever as to what I am talking about or go into a certain catatonic brainfart upset mode.

Here in the US, these folks tend to be 9-11 officlal govt. version true believers, will go into the usual clucking noises about "render unto Caesar" anytime you discuss tax issues and how liabilities are incurred, etc. I remember the blast I got back in 1990 talking with one of these folks about how the Federal Reserve System works, how the nature of citizenship in this country changed from Citizen of a state to Federal US citizenship, etc. This guy went off on me verbally like you wouldn't believe.

Anyways ... I think all churches tend to become bastions of brainwashed thinking, because of all of the other baggage that people bring along, along with their Bibles .. and I think that this tends to happen in larger churches with larger congregations.

Pete

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Do you believe in what they or doing or not?

Them Korean freaks or them Scientology freaks?

In either case, yeah I believe in their right to flop around in faux spiritual raptures that they believe they alone possess the esoteric secret of.

It's just a mindset. Just down the block from those Korean floor-floppers or from Scientology can-squeezers is a nightclub where ecstatic dancers are having as much or even more fun, but they just don't assign it religious meaning--they just call it "partying".

The point is that THEY (these church goin' folks) believe what they are doing, or at least are making a decent effort to convince themselves.

The point where I begin to disagree is when the leave their Church and come up to me and start telling me bizarre lies in an effort to trick or intimidate me into joining their crazy cult.

That's the line right there. Stress Test, indeed!

Inside your church, go for it freakos!

Outside your church, try to blend in cuz normal humans run it out here.

I say this. If your religion is sooo incredibly amazing, STOP TALKING ABOUT IT AND SHOW IT TO ME.

As long as they keep talking, I know they got nothing to show.

If Scientology worked, they would not need a Registrar, A Big League Sales Closing Course, Policies on Hard Sell or rapping regges.

People would be lined up and nobody would be talking, they'd just be collecting money and stamping paid invoices.

Ever go to a big sale at a department store. When they open the doors the mass of customers pours in. There are no sales clerks, only people manning cash registers.

Chaining the doors closed at events? Guards posted to keep people from escaping?

Crazy freakin cult, Scientology, ain't it?

Last edited:

Wisened One

Crusader
That event DID look more like some Pentecostal-type service (which when I was in NO music or stuff like THAT was done at any Events or in anything in Scn).

I know they were using it just to incite them to stay awake and to loosen their wallets, and it IS a disturbing video. Soooo forced, when the exhaustion just radiated from the screen, ya know? :eyeroll:

I'm surprised they let that one lady leave. (No doubt to 'go to the restroom'. Hope she snuck away tho!).

It is true that people would 'ask' you where you were going and were posted at the doors when you tried to leave, SICK!

The longer someone's been in scn tho, many learn to recognize that when they are called-in, to avoid answering their phones so as not to be trapped in Reg Events like these.

What I would do if I was a seasoned or new person and got roped into one of those, is...before I'd leave the house, is
put your car keys and bare essentials in your pocket or somewhere on your person. (for the ladies: bring an empty old purse
you don't care about) Then tell them you're going to the bathroom, leave the purse on your seat. Then leave! :D

Last edited:

Arcangel

Patron
I Can't Stop Laughing.

I remember being on our org's staff and listening and watching this drivel. I mean, I didn't get too far into the indoctrination or read much of the crap. (I was a freethinker and responded back to everyone where it smelled bullshit.) This is sad. I miss the table with the cheap assed snacks and kool-aid.:lol::lol::lol: