What's new

Marty is no longer a Scientologist or an Independent Scientologist

shanic89

Patron Meritorious
Marty says he's no longer a Scientologist. He's allowing posts on his blog that are very uncomplimentary to Hubbard. That's progress.

Marty is changing.

And that's good.

I believe that you are right he does allow a more diverse commentary to show on his blog regarding l ron. I would have to also agree that he does seem to appear to be changing. Reading his replies to others on his blog, he seems to be the same old prick though. He tries to portray himself as some type of guru, but instead he comes across as a barely literate grumpy old man

Gib

Crusader
I believe that you are right he does allow a more diverse commentary to show on his blog regarding l ron. I would have to also agree that he does seem to appear to be changing. Reading his replies to others on his blog, he seems to be the same old prick though. He tries to portray himself as some type of guru, but instead he comes across as a barely literate grumpy old man

He appears to want to get others to expand their viewpoints from just scientology. He has listed other books, viewpoints to read.

I don't see anything wrong with that. It's comparing other data.

He has mentioned many times he has no desire to replace DM.

I'm just say'in. I never met the man nor have talked with him.

Gadfly

Crusader
I really don't get why people talk about Marty at all. He is irrelevant.

Scientology is a tiny pimple on the ass of humanity.

And Marty scratches at it from time to time.

Insignificant.

Who cares?

I don't.

I mean the head cams were funny. But, Marty is slow in figuring out what so many others have already figured out about Hubbard & Scientology. In that sense his growth is somewhat "retarded" (by definition). He has been very slow in unraveling from the mind fuck (though he appears to be speeding up . . . finally). But, there are MANY more intelligent people with stories and analysis that I would much prefer to read than Marty's tripe.

I haven't read anything on Marty's blog . . . well pretty much ever. I occasionally see what others post here about him, but really, I can't get through his tedious writing style. It is laborious!

The only thing that I would like is for him to REALLY TELL ALL. Every sordid detail. But other than that his opinion and views are meaningless (to me).

In the wars of Scientology he is also becoming more and more irrelevant.

You gotta love the Internet - anybody can have their brief moment of glory and attention. Just create a blog . . . . .

Gib

Crusader

Insignificant.

Who cares?

I don't.

I mean the head cams were funny. But, Marty is slow in figuring out what so many others have already figured out about Hubbard & Scientology. In that sense his growth is somewhat "retarded" (by definition). He has been very slow in unraveling from the mind fuck (though he appears to be speeding up . . . finally). But, there are MANY more intelligent people with stories and analysis that I would much prefer to read than Marty's tripe.

I haven't read anything on Marty's blog . . . well pretty much ever. I occasionally see what others post here about him, but really, I can't get through his tedious writing style. It is laborious!

The only thing that I would like is for him to REALLY TELL ALL. Every sordid detail. But other than that his opinion and views are meaningless (to me).

You gotta love the Internet - anybody can have their brief moment of glory and attention. Just create a blog . . . . .

because he was #2,

and it helps peeps to get out after your time period.

he's no different than commander birdsong

TrevAnon

Big List researcher
So I guess this means we can get rid of the separate Marty forum and transfer all the threads in that forum to the Indy forum...

:biggrin:

Note: WWP already did that. :)

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Not to divert the larger discussion from the appropriate ESMB thread, but these two extracts belong here for the record.

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2013/06/20/the-way-out-is-not-the-way-back-in/
The church of Scientology and David Miscavige have had zero influence on my recent announcement that I will no longer wear the label “Scientologist.”
What prompted me to eschew the “Scientologist” label was the conduct of those we paved the way for while we were withstanding the very best shots Scientology Inc. could and did take at us.

Red Valiant

Patron with Honors

Insignificant.

Who cares?

I don't.

In contrast, you gottta love history. Being a 5 star long time contributor here on ESMB, how does the Marty factor ~really~ make things right w/ 1000's of defectors of a CULT make it better?

But thanks for your focus on the "war" concept.......Adm. Davie M. clinging to his final stage before exiting to S. America?

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
I pulled this up to answer a question on another thread, but thought it also belonged here.

Marty has recently stated that Independent Scientology "was a failed experiment":

[video=youtube;yktu0btmEmA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yktu0btmEmA[/video]

semioldguard

Patron with Honors
I didn't intend to put this question on the wrong thread but I couldn't fine the thread that deals with the Monique Rathbun v Miscavige court case.

I haven't seen anything on that case in months.

Does anyone know what's going on with it?

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
I pulled this up to answer a question on another thread, but thought it also belonged here.

Marty has recently stated that Independent Scientology "was a failed experiment":

[video=youtube;yktu0btmEmA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yktu0btmEmA[/video]

He's come a long way. :thumbsup: