What's new

New member says hello

Gracenote

Hi All,

I have been reading here for some time but after a while I started to feel as if I am eavesdropping, and prefer to register for the groups I read.

I never have been a member of COS but have read and studied about cults and groups for decades. (Gosh I'm old!) I've had people ask me about COS and am glad to be able to tell them the truth about it.

My sister was in a super controlling church in college and I am thankful she survived it. She attempted suicide because she just never was "good enough" for them. The groups that prey on young people are reprehensible.

Thank you for letting me join; I will mostly read and learn rather than posting a lot.

Gracenote

Sindy

Crusader
:welcome2: Hi Gracenote. Was it mostly your sister's experience that got you interested in reading about Scientology or something else? How did you find this message board and what have you found most interesting? :)

Thanks and glad you are here.

Mythbluster

Patron
Hi gracenote. :) I just recently registered too, slightly similar story. Never been a scientologist but have a keen interest in the subject. Imo part of why co$ has got away with as much is people often don't do proper research unless directly affected one way or other, and you have to peel a few layers of hubbards onion of "metaphors" before you discover just how rotten the core is ("it's always worse than you think")

I know what you mean about feeling like eavesdropping when lurking for too long. I have followed a few scn based forums but found a lot of the best info, laughs and arguments were found here, was hesitant at first as I'm not an ex.
But I took the plunge yesterday and joined the fun. Since I didn't really post a proper introduction (and I've hijacked yours a bit now) I'm from Scotland, play in a heavy metal band (some aquaintances interest in occult/satanism was partly why I started researching cults in general, to debunk or find any hint of truth. Satanism is child's play compared to cos brain washing imo) and I hold no strong spiritual beliefs. If pushed I would say dudeism :wink2: google it, wont make sense if you haven't seen the movie: The big Lebowski tho! Oh and I'm a notorious rambler, but you probably realised that!

Enjoy the forum gracenote :)

sallydannce

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hey welcome gracenote and Mythbluster.

I find it refreshing to have folk like yourself join ESMB and participate in our slightly rowdy, at times, discussions. It brings hope that the world does care and is not willing to just stand there and plead "nothing to do with me".

Your voices are very welcome. :)

Just don't ever disagree with me! Kidding! :wink2:

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
:welcome: Gracenote!

Yup, lots to learn,(and I say from experience having been studying and absorbing info for almost 5 years now), always some new pieces of the puzzle, new stories, new aspects to consider.
Enjoy your time, get to know some folks, don't be shy to ask questions for info or pointers, plenty of people here willing to help a person understand what they wish :)

:cheers: & :rose: (iffin yer a girl) :)

Anonycat

Crusader
Hi All,

I have been reading here for some time but after a while I started to feel as if I am eavesdropping, and prefer to register for the groups I read.

I never have been a member of COS but have read and studied about cults and groups for decades. (Gosh I'm old!) I've had people ask me about COS and am glad to be able to tell them the truth about it.

My sister was in a super controlling church in college and I am thankful she survived it. She attempted suicide because she just never was "good enough" for them. The groups that prey on young people are reprehensible.

Thank you for letting me join; I will mostly read and learn rather than posting a lot.

Gracenote

Welcome, and Hello to Mythbluster, too!