What's new

Past Lives

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.
An example would be fighting with another thetan over who would pick up the baby body, and winning. It might not theoretically look like an overt, but if it comes up as one to the winner and charge comes off on it, then it's an overt.

Paul

Could it also be an overt on self to enter an enturbulated environment?

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Could it also be an overt on self to enter an enturbulated environment?

If someone has charge on something being an overt, it's an overt. It's his consideration, not what you think about it. Sometimes a pc has to go through hoops convincing some auditor as to why something is an overt just so he will accept it as an answer to a sec check question (comm cycle additive!).

Paul

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.
If someone has charge on something being an overt, it's an overt. It's his consideration, not what you think about it. Sometimes a pc has to go through hoops convincing some auditor as to why something is an overt just so he will accept it as an answer to a sec check question (comm cycle additive!).

Paul

I'm so relieved to hear that. It finally means that all those DC-8s and atomics didn't amount to an overt afterall!

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Great points, as always, Paul.

Now, at least as to the lady Gnosis talks about, we don't know if it was an overt or not because we don't know what transpired between the other being and her (she?? Grammar??) and how they felt about it.

Very interesting story, at any rate.

If I had access to an auditor that I trusted, yes, it may be worth investigating and seeing if these past "impressions" help blow some contemporary shit; but as my spiritual path is now a very different one to what it was, the past is not as important. I am not invalidating those "memories", I am just allowing for the fact that like everyone else who thinks they were Jesus, only one of them actually could have been.

"If I had access to an auditor that I trusted" I guess I can consider myself lucky that my one and only auditing session was preformed by an auditor that gave me the creeps, other wises I might have wasted the next ten or twenty years of my life chasing something that does not exist ... the state of Clear. I definitely felt something during that auditing session something very powerful, I felt like I was someone else and went exterior. I immediately opened my eyes stood up and got back to present state. If I trusted the auditor I would have let it continue and might have got sucked into the cult. Instead I never went back, and after a few months the phone calls stopped. The funny thing about it about a year later I was with my girlfriend at a Sunday brunch and freaked out because my auditor was our waiter, he didn't recognize me, not even the voice that he listen to about a hundred times on my answering machine, he had no idea who I was. It confirmed what I already knew, Scientology's State of Clear is nothing but a myth ... a well organized and well marketed myth. I think auditing might have therapeutic value, but like you said "If I had access to an auditor that I trusted" which pretty much eliminates anyone involved in Hubbard's pyramid scam

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I think auditing might have therapeutic value, but like you said "If I had access to an auditor that I trusted" which pretty much eliminates anyone involved in Hubbard's pyramid scam

Well, I happen to know this Robot Auditor that is guaranteed not to evaluate for you or pass on any secrets. Free of charge too. :)

Paul

KnightVision

Gold Meritorious Patron
I could never understand why some would give a hoot about past or future lives ( or the imagining of them) when this moment right now is more than they can bear to fully realize.

There may be past or future life (for me and others) yet I prefer to focus on doing the very the very best I can with this one. This one's for real, no belief necessary.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
I could never understand why some would give a hoot about past or future lives ( or the imagining of them) when this moment right now is more than they can bear to fully realize.

There may be past or future life (for me and others) yet I prefer to focus on doing the very the very best I can with this one. This one's for real, no belief necessary.

Because it's not really past lives. It's just one infinite lifetime with the occasional change of body. One's previous identity's lifetime's events would be as important or unimportant as things that happened to one a few months, years or decades ago.

RolandRB

Rest in Peace
1) Do you, or did you, remember your past lives?

2) If yes, are you *certain* the memories are really of your past life?

1) Yes

2) I am certain that they are NOT real.

There is nothing you will get from a past life that you can sell today. If you had really lived before and could remember your past lives then you will know a card or a board game that was hugely popular in one of your past lives and this could sell today. A good game is worth a huge amount of money. You won't remember one from your past lives because your past life memories are not real.

Last edited:

KnightVision

Gold Meritorious Patron
Because it's not really past lives. It's just one infinite lifetime with the occasional change of body. One's previous identity's lifetime's events would be as important or unimportant as things that happened to one a few months, years or decades ago.

Well yes, I'm familiar with that take; quite impossible to have a Scilon experience and not be.

The concept and resultant effect upon a person who buys it makes for an introduction to equating that which is perceived within the mind with that which is knowably experienced as a person born into this world and who can directly touch, see and PROVE the existence of it... and equating those realities as the same makes the mind a more fallable tool. And IMO wastes precious time that would better be put to focusing on what is provable (to the outside world) and knowable (scientifically).

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Oh, well, there are lots of people who believe in spiritual theories who aren't and never were in Scn. I personally think science is wonderful and people should learn as much as they can in those fields of knowledge but I wouldn't look to science to address spiritual concerns.

lionheart

Gold Meritorious Patron
Oh, well, there are lots of people who believe in spiritual theories who aren't and never were in Scn. I personally think science is wonderful and people should learn as much as they can in those fields of knowledge but I wouldn't look to science to address spiritual concerns.

Why not? :confused2:

The differentiation between scientific and spiritual is arbitrary and false. What you said is like saying I wouldn't look to a coin lying heads up to find a tails.

Maybe the ultimate end of science is spiritual and the ultimate end of spiritual is scientific!

Modern science is examining the most profound spiritual concepts.

The divide between the two that you are seeing is an illusion.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Because science addresses the physical only and posits that existence is confined to that realm.

No
It
Doesn't.

Science addresses that which can be addressed by the scientific method. Anything beyond that is merely not scientifically evaluatable.

Scientology, of course, deliberately muddies the question by claiming to be a 'scientific spirituality', which is bullshit.

Zinj

apple

Patron Meritorious
Past lives.....I am not certain about any more. When involved in Scn. it was such a glib agreement but not a real certainty.

When my grandfather passed away. He lived far away but I felt him very close,closer then if he was there in body. That was certain. I still feel he is accessible.

In reading Miracles and other Realities by Lee Pulos and Gary Richman my opinion of past lives may have changed. Lee a clinical psychologist went to Brazil to check out a psychic, Thomaz Morais. The abilities that Thomaz has are amazing. One thing he talked about was this other dimension. I am thinking that there may be no past lives but the other dimension after we die, maybe then some form of life after that, I dont know. I phoned Lee and asked him about the book. He told me over 90% of what he wrote he saw for himself. I know the man and he is an accredited professional.

So for me, maybe no past lives but a different dimension or a different density of mass that seperates us from here to there by a thin membrane.

Hatshepsut

Crusader

I agree here.

I'm knocked out of my socks by the recent posts on this thread. I just took it for granted that all Scientological thinkers took their many lives for granted. :ohmy:

I was born with memories of Theresenstadt in Poland. I didn't know what a Nazi camp was until I got older and I understood these nightmares. When I was around 17 the memories began to fade. At 19 I began running Life Repair with E/S and that window opened up again. After a while I just picked up impressions around me. Beings flash pictures. The points where they are stuck on the track compulsively are viewable. These images often belong to beings not in charge of running that life. And they are of a time period not of the present. So who's pictures are they? Most of the time I'd say they fall into the category of service facsimiles. Not just random impressions of the past I am perceiving. Chronic behavior with the chronic past life justification staring right at you.
I got into serious trouble running some stuff in Miami and had terrible somatics like bullets going through my chest. I hurt so bad. It seemed MEST beings in Chile were implanting the G.E. using a spinning 'wheel of fortune' thing. As a new PC I blurted out of nowhere ITS NOT MY INCIDENT! (on lower levels) All the somatics blew immediately and the TA dropped. Now, I don't care who's incident is whos any more. I never felt the need to be anybody or anything famous though I feel I've known some.
I don't believe the concept that there is one big being YOU, and a bunch of smaller beings who are BTs is absolutely correct. Several times I had to locate the counter-intention coming from someone and dispel it. What I found was that when I handled it ...it did not seem to have come from that person at all. (often it even seemed to be coming from me.) Or there seemed to be personality subsets loosely tethered to the person. I do not care to guess what category of beingness I'd be looking at. But my point is people have ISSUES and these have their roots too many times not in the present life.
Even if the concept of past lives is basically an illusion...the static cannot experience itself as a STATIC. It has to enter into a lie and use a via. A body of theta. Or a theta body in my experience can be an early via. It is this which can be impressed upon like rice paper or be split. It is this that can get lost in the labrynth of the time stream. Not the STATIC. So if you want to say you have no past lives as YOU. You are right. If you want to say you are not affected by impressions of experience in the Physical Universe then you have a degree of clarity unbelievable. :) The body is composed of solutions upon solutions which are the built up ridges of evolution itself. That's time track there that you are looking at when you observe the solidity of the body.
I don't think it would be fair if the body gets to own these composite past existences and we got squat. :no:

Last edited: