What's new

Request for interviews from Sydney Ex-Scientologists or Anyonymous members

boz-foogle

Hi all,
I'm a media student at Macquarie Uni and I'm writing a feature on Scientology and the reasons behind the recent relocation of the church to Hercules St. If you're an ex-Scientologist, or a member of a Scientology protest group, and you live in the Sydney area, then I'd be very interested in interviewing you about your experiences. It would need to be a face-to-face interview but it would only take 30 - 60 minutes of your time. If you are willing and able to do so within the next week or two, please let me know either in this thread, via PM or via e-mail (hcattini at gmail dot com) and we can set something up. As in any media, attributable sources are great, but if you want to remain anonymous, given the sensitive nature of the subject matter that is perfectly alright. Anyone willing to help out will have my undying gratitude. Thanks in advance.

- Harley

Last edited:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Fair enough. I would suggest putting "Sydney" in the title of your thread. You can edit it by hitting the "Edit" button and then "Advanced Edit." Most people don't read all the threads here as there are a lot of them, and this way you might reach more of your intended audience. Good luck.

Paul

Carmel

Crusader
Hi all,
I'm a media student at Macquarie Uni and I'm writing a feature on Scientology and the reasons behind the recent relocation of the church to Hercules St. If you're an ex-Scientologist, or a member of a Scientology protest group, and you live in the Sydney area, then I'd be very interested in interviewing you about your experiences. It would need to be a face-to-face interview but it would only take 30 - 60 minutes of your time. If you are willing and able to do so within the next week or two, please let me know either in this thread, via PM or via e-mail (hcattini at gmail dot com) and we can set something up. As in any media, attributable sources are great, but if you want to remain anonymous, given the sensitive nature of the subject matter that is perfectly alright. Anyone willing to help out will have my undying gratitude. Thanks in advance.

- Harley

I'll be in Sydney tomorrow, and I have to hang around at Royal North Shore Hospital for some hours from 10am.

If you are free, then maybe you could pop over, or I could pop over to the Macquarie Shopping Centre or something. Short notice, but there ya go.

Pm me for my phone number if it 'fits' with your schedule, otherwise, there are a few others from the Sydney area who may be able to oblige.

Carmel

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Harley — Carmel is not just any ex. You should jump at the chance and make it if you can. Really.

Paul

Last edited:

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
uhh.. Carmel.. Be prepared to say hello to OSA there!

Bring videocam..

Actually.. It'll be interesting to see if they really are there..

:yes:

Carmel

Crusader

Bring videocam..

Yeah Matey, I thought of that, but these days I'm 'prepared', and I hardly care.

Besides, one of my boys is getting an operation to get a pin in his wrist (which he broke at a rugby final on Saturday), so I can't be far away, and anything that could help me occupy my time while that's going on, would suit me just fine! :coolwink:

Bring videocam..

After what happen to George the OTVIII when he tired to confront a critic, even OSA wouldn't be stupid enough to come around here to be taken behind the woodshed for another video taped beat down

Carmel

Crusader

Bring videocam..

Ya know Schwimmy, I was being 'polite' in my last post - In actual fact I know the OSA ANZO crew personally, and I would so love the opportunity to see them face to face, because I have more than a few bones to pick with them.

They had it over me before, and were successful in suppressing me......that isn't and wouldn't be the case now.

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
After what happen to George the OTVIII when he tired to confront a critic, even OSA wouldn't be stupid enough to come around here to be taken behind the woodshed for another video taped beat down

Bwwaaahhaaaaaaahaaaahaaah!!!

How I would love to be interviewed by OSA! Bring it on! Can I have an exclusive? How many hours can I have a go at them for?

:devil:

Good luck tomorrow, Carmel. My thoughts will be with you.

EP - Ethics Particle

Gold Meritorious Patron
BOYS!

Yeah Matey, I thought of that, but these days I'm 'prepared', and I hardly care.

Besides, one of my boys is getting an operation to get a pin in his wrist (which he broke at a rugby final on Saturday), so I can't be far away, and anything that could help me occupy my time while that's going on, would suit me just fine! :coolwink:

Well...they WILL be boys, won't they? :duh:

Love and condolences, :yes:

Mike

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
Ya know Schwimmy, I was being 'polite' in my last post - In actual fact I know the OSA ANZO crew personally, and I would so love the opportunity to see them face to face, because I have more than a few bones to pick with them.

They had it over me before, and were successful in suppressing me......that isn't and wouldn't be the case now.
Yeh.. I can relate to that. - Hmm.. Since they know you know 'em, they'll send someone you don't know. He/she will probably stay at a distance trying to be inconspicious.. But my guess is he'll stick out like a dogs balls.

They'll want to know who boz-foogle is.. That would probably be their priority.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
That's why they're meeting in a sooper-sekret location!
They'll be wearing Grouch Marx masks and using the cone-of-silence. :)

Carmel

Crusader
That's why they're meeting in a sooper-sekret location!
They'll be wearing Grouch Marx masks and using the cone-of-silence. :)
Well, if boz-foogle, is who they say they are, then we could be meeting in a "sooper-sekret" location. But on the other hand, if boz-foogle isn't who they say they are, and was just putting some bait out there for some unsuspecting ex from Sydney who wishes to remain anonymous, then we won't be, will we. :whistling: (Curious that boz-foogle was on-line for some time after I posted, but didn't respond. :hmm:)

Boz-foogle may well be who they say they are and wanting to interview an ex. That being the case, he or she will get an interview. However, they may not be who they say they are, and could quite possibly be an OSA op hoping for pm's from Sydney exes, in an effort to discover who else is out besides some of us who they already know about.

Needless to say, those exes who are not willing to have the CofS know that they are "out", would be wise not respond to this request.

Feral

Rogue male
Well, if it is an interview with 'OSA', then I'll do it. Seriously, I miss the little chats we had when my repayment was being stuffed up. :)

But if Boz-foogle wants a phone interview I could oblige, I live Nth of Tamworth now so a face to face would be a bit iffy.

boz-foogle

Just wanting to clear up some doubts about the honesty of my intentions: I am genuinely a student enrolled at Macquarie Uni. My university e-mail address [email protected] (I probably should have given this out before) If anyone that consents to be interviewed is in any way uncomfortable about the questions they were asked or the manner in which the interview was conducted, I will be happy to provide the e-mail of my course convenor and the e-mail and phone number of Macquarie's ethics committee to allow you to raise these concerns with them. All I can ask is that you please just take me at my word that I am not, nor have I ever been a member of any branch of the Church of Scientology, and that I sympathise with anyone who has suffered through their conduct.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
it shouldn't be of much interest whether you sympathize or not :)

Other than that, welcome aboard.

Zinj

boz-foogle

Thanks for that. I just thought it would be good to clarify that I'm not here to be an arsehole i.e. that I'm a human before I'm a journalist. I started this research for the purpose of completing a uni assignment, but the more I find out the more repulsed I become.

Last edited:

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
Carmel, how did it go today? Is your son OK? Did you do the interview while waiting?

Boz-foogle, when you have interviewed a few exes you will begin to understand the suspicion. I strongly recommend that you take Feral up on his offer of a phone interview.