What's new

Rex Reed's OSA-like review of The Master

BunnySkull

Silver Meritorious Patron
And I'm glad to see someone else mention Peter Travers... wtf is up with that guy? I always dismiss the accolades for a flick when I see it's coming from him.
digress...:melodramatic:

FYI: Travers has been known for years now as the go to guy to get ad blurbs from to use for movies, particularly crappy ones. He specializes in reviews tailor made for promo and ad quotes. (Electric! "washed up C-list celeb is Back & better than ever" "Buckle up for this wild ride" etc...) He apparently gets his ego boosted by seeing his name used in the movie ads so he writes reviews specifically for that purpose. It's gotten to the point that he's really a movie ad copy writer rather than a film critic. I guess Rolling Stone is okay with it because their mag gets mentioned in all the ad campaigns too. "Rolling Stone says " Crapfest is Explosive!"

clamicide

Gold Meritorious Patron
FYI: Travers has been known for years now as the go to guy to get ad blurbs from to use for movies, particularly crappy ones. He specializes in reviews tailor made for promo and ad quotes. (Electric! "washed up C-list celeb is Back & better than ever" "Buckle up for this wild ride" etc...) He apparently gets his ego boosted by seeing his name used in the movie ads so he writes reviews specifically for that purpose. It's gotten to the point that he's really a movie ad copy writer rather than a film critic. I guess Rolling Stone is okay with it because their mag gets mentioned in all the ad campaigns too. "Rolling Stone says " Crapfest is Explosive!"

Yeah, IOW, in one word "douche"...:eyeroll: