What's new

Service Facs I have known and loved

Div6

Crusader
Well, I'm thinking, theoretically, of course, that anything being audited is going to be below 2.0 on the Tone Scale. So in that sense, ser facs would fit that too.

"All horses sleep in beds" is where he is trying to give an example without restimulating actual ser facs in people. Thats the theory of that.

Examples of ser facs, then? Well, one thing to consider, is if they can run in the brackets. Also, to the auditor, and to other people, the statement of the ser fac MAKES NO SENSE. That is a key point. (Brackets, paraphrased, or maybe not: IN this lifetime, how would___ Make you right? In this lifetime, how would ___ make others wrong? In this lifetime, how would ___ help you escape domination? In this lifetime, how would ___ help you dominate others? The other set escapes me now. Dang it.).

Ok examples then: All women are tramps. Police cannot be trusted. Thats the way life is.

(no snide comments from the Peanut Gallery please)

Its gotta be a fixed idea. Something a person cannot see that they are using to explain away things. They use it to operate in daily life and they come up with solutions and evaluations that are illogical to the situation. It makes them unable to think or listen.

Run some of your ideas by me. Lemme see them.

Marriage is a trap.
Success is failure.
People are animals.
Death is too good for them.
All men will be my slaves.
Women belong in harems.

(I could go on and on and on...) :eyeroll:

I think the other bracket is "increase your survival" / " hinder the survival of others"...

Last edited:

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Marriage is a trap.
Success is failure.
People are animals.
Death is too good for them.
All men will be my slaves.
Women belong in harems.

(I could go on and on and on...) :eyeroll:

Hmmm....

Marriage IS a trap!
Success is often failure SOMEWHERE
PEOPLE ARE ANIMALS!
Death is too good for them....okay that one I don't get.
All men ARE my slaves!!!!
And WOMEN DO BELONG IN HAREMS!!!!

What is the problem here???

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
Marriage is a trap is TRUE!!!! No ser fac there.

Success is failure. I guess. Gimme an example of this one in use. It makes no sense. (So it could be one)

People are animals. Pass!

Death is too good for them. Hmmm. This one is close. It would run in brackets and pull out the actual ser fac.

All men will be my slaves. This is future tense. Ser facs are considerations about the presnt, as related to the past. (Maybe more along the lines of Men are Slaves. Hmm... That should be true. THat would make my life so much easier).

Women belong in harems. Ouch. Probably is one.

Pretty good. If they were all yours, you would be one messed up dude (or ette).

Div6

Crusader
Marriage is a trap is TRUE!!!! No ser fac there.

Success is failure. I guess. Gimme an example of this one in use. It makes no sense. (So it could be one)

People are animals. Pass!

Death is too good for them. Hmmm. This one is close. It would run in brackets and pull out the actual ser fac.

All men will be my slaves. This is future tense. Ser facs are considerations about the presnt, as related to the past. (Maybe more along the lines of Men are Slaves. Hmm... That should be true. THat would make my life so much easier).

Women belong in harems. Ouch. Probably is one.

Pretty good. If they were all yours, you would be one messed up dude (or ette).

Actually, I am SURVIVING pretty well.......:eek:

Just trying to improve meself as a being....and if I can't look, then I can't get better, right?

Success is Failure - "if i win the lottery I will have to pay taxes to the govt, so why bother winning."

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
I can see the political aspects of a C/S determining which thoughts the pc has are service facs and which are "sane".

For instance, all people are animals. They may have a spiritual component, yes, but they are definitely animals. It is only Scientology that is ASSERTING and ASSERTING that "Man is not an animal!"

And so, in this case, the C/S would determine that this PC has a crazy point on this viewpoint and would need to audit it out and "cog" that Man was NOT an animal! or some other thing.

I can remember, when in an FPRD session, what the C/S would come up with for us to run as Service Facs that I voiced the day before. It was sometimes a stretch for me to "agree" that this was a service fac. And if I would protest, there was always a "knowing look" kind of thing that my protest would be a natural reaction of me wanting to hold on to my "service facs"/ And so I would always obey and run them.

Sometimes I got great wins off of it. Other times, not so much.

If a C/S is asserting Scientology's viewpoint of things, (and what C/S isn't?) then service fac running can turn into out and out brainwashing.

And who would have ever thought that Scientology auditing could be BRAINWASHING!!!

Div6

Crusader
I can see the political aspects of a C/S determining which thoughts the pc has are service facs and which are "sane".

For instance, all people are animals. They may have a spiritual component, yes, but they are definitely animals. It is only Scientology that is ASSERTING and ASSERTING that "Man is not an animal!"

And so, in this case, the C/S would determine that this PC has a crazy point on this viewpoint and would need to audit it out and "cog" that Man was NOT an animal! or some other thing.

I can remember, when in an FPRD session, what the C/S would come up with for us to run as Service Facs that I voiced the day before. It was sometimes a stretch for me to "agree" that this was a service fac. And if I would protest, there was always a "knowing look" kind of thing that my protest would be a natural reaction of me wanting to hold on to my "service facs"/ And so I would always obey and run them.

Sometimes I got great wins off of it. Other times, not so much.

If a C/S is asserting Scientology's viewpoint of things, (and what C/S isn't?) then service fac running can turn into out and out brainwashing.

And who would have ever thought that Scientology auditing could be BRAINWASHING!!!

Auditing is implanting.:eek:

But actually, if the S/F doesn't run in brackets, it should be prep-checked off.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor

Example: Had the 'Church' not managed to 'cave' the IRS it almost certainly would have avoided the chutzpa and overestimation of itself that led to its overambitious project to 'handle the Internet' and any number of other 'audit the 4th Dynamic' actions which lead it to its current predicament.

Small and scared was survivable; big and boasty less so.

Zinj

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
So you mean like the success of one person is the failure of another? Or one's own success and failure?

Maybe it is one, because it certainly makes no sense to me.

---

Try to give me examples of answers from the brackets running this as a ser fac then.

Leon-2

Patron Meritorious
Way back when, in the Anglo world when marriages were arranged, there was always the possibility of getting set up with a real dog. And so it was that I found my self betrothed to a loathsome wretch with absolutely no appeal to me whatsoever. I suddenly became VERY interested in foreign affairs, hoping for a war, a calling, anything that would take me away from the prospect of having to "seal the deal" on the wedding night.....my prayers for a "just cause" were answered, and as I was hacking Viking meat on the battlefield an arrow pierced my heart......a glorious cause saved me from ignominy....translated into modern day speak, "I'd rather be dead than sleep with that ______.."

Not a Service Fac.

F.Bullbait

Oh, a wise guy,eh?
Mayo on Service Facsimiles:

"Method of handling In my experience, the most effective method of handling a "computation" type of service facsimile is by using the PreHav scale. Start by assessing for a PreHav level (doingness) and then list from that as follows. Assess: "In this lifetime have you mainly__________(PreHav levels)?" Then using the item so found, list: "In this lifetime what have you__________(PreHav level found)?" Example: If the PreHav level assessed out to "Failed to control" then the second question would be "In this lifetime what have you failed to control?", which is listed to find the item. If the item was "My emotions". Then the item to be run in the brackets would be "Failing to control my emotions". (Yes, we know that that item is not a computation). During the running of the item in the example above, as charge comes off, one or more computations will come to view and blow off."

Leon, do you agree with this?