What's new

St Petersburg Times: Part Three (of 3) : Ecclesiastical justice

Outethicsofficer

Silver Meritorious Patron
It is assault.

I say let them try to " normalize " it, I wonder how"normal" they will feel when eventually someone charges them with assault. They really are disconnected from how things are in the world at large, the unreality of these people is extraordinary.

OEO

This one line keeps sticking in my mind:

Said Mark Ingber, a Sea Org member since 1968: "I've never been beaten to a pulp in my life. Mr. Miscavage is my friend"

Who said anything about being beaten to a pulp? Talk about dodging the bullet. What's also funny is that although he makes it clear that he's never been beaten to a pulp, he mentions right away that Miscavage is his friend......like maybe he lets his friend beat him.....but, of course, never to a pulp.

I've never stolen expensive jewelry in my life......
Would that also mean I've never stolen?

Tim Skog

Silver Meritorious Patron
I was wondering how 2009 could possibly be worse than 2008 which was a REALLY bad year for cofs. But now I see. Right now DM doesn't trust his own shadow. Eat shit and die asshole. :happydance:

Amen Thrak. And 2009 isn't even over yet!:D

Sassy

Patron Meritorious
Why does Tommy Davis get all in a big knot about Marty Rathbun abusing & beating people? Marty freely admits this in the story and elsewhere, I believe. He says he is trying to contact anyone he may have abused & apologize to them. I had my husband listen to the "spokesman" for the church & he couldn't believe it! We had a good laugh at how he was flying off the handle. He & the cackling woman in the backgroud who had to keep interjecting sounded like high school pupils. :eyeroll:

Last edited by a moderator:

clamicide

Gold Meritorious Patron
Dang!

Bump - Old news? Not to the lurkers, newly arrived.

This is one HELL of an active board. How many boards need a bump after six days so the newbies can see the vital stuff? Us PTS and SP freaks are just SO downtone and apathetic :eyeroll: This place rocks....:rock:

T

TheSneakster

not important

Quote from above: "The defectors were not only soft, they couldn't maintain the accelerated work pace Miscavige established, the church says. Rathbun flubbed so many assignments, such as his handling of the Lisa McPherson wrongful death lawsuit, that Miscavige had to take over, distracting him from more important duties, spokesmen said."

I can not believe what I just read in this post. Miscavige was distracted from more important duties than the death of a parishioner!!!

T

TheSneakster

not important

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
I'm gonna call that "spin". It says Miscavige was distracted from *the lawsuit*, not McPherson's death. As that lawsuit was a couple of years after the fact and legal staff are supposed to handle such things in just about any organization, it would not be at all unusual for a senior executive to make such a claim of higher priorities.

If course, it's complete and utter bullshit that DM had to take over due to Rathbun's "flubs" as he was almost certainly micromanaging Rathbun into those "flubs" in the first place.

Michael "The Sneakster" Hobson
I am *not* anonymous. I *do* forgive.

It's a typical Sea Org Serv Fac: weaken and discredit the target by claiming flubs, no matter the production record.

Tommy Davis was LYING the whole time he was meeting with those SPTimes reporters. You can hear him lying on tape.

It is totally astounding to me these guys are not in jail yet.

Or at least the target of a MAJOR defamation of character lawsuit.

Doom

Lurking.
It's a typical Sea Org Serv Fac: weaken and discredit the target by claiming flubs, no matter the production record.

Tommy Davis was LYING the whole time he was meeting with those SPTimes reporters. You can hear him lying on tape.

It is totally astounding to me these guys are not in jail yet.

Or at least the target of a MAJOR defamation of character lawsuit.
Agreed:clap: