What's new

The “Reactive Mind”

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
I am both christian and buddshist practionner (yes they are compatible)

I ca say that $cientology is not christian compatible, neither buddhist is, neither it's kosher...

The main reason for this is that it doesn't teach love and harmony in any way.
It doesn't teach mindfulness , neither to forgive, neither to leave in peace.
$cientology teaches compulsive disorders of hatred of pseudo-ennemies and live in fear till they are totally destroyed. It teaches the word is a word of hate and danger.

In christian religion, family ties and bounding are the cement , also in buddhism or jewish,
but in $cientology, the destruction of any family boundaries are essential to the realization of the total obedience and isolation project to take control of a person's life and mind.

Although, I am not true believer..
I only practice some values of Christianity as well as most of my buddhist teachings
essentially to try making each day of my life the more comfortable as possible in avoiding suffering and creating suffering to others as it's possile for the little me ..(especially those tough ones)

An easy way to see the compatibility is to look at their leader, their teachings, their behavior and how they ended up their life. That speaks for their core values.

It thus becomes obvious there is a clash of main values between $cientology and Christianity!

But, hey, if you feel good with finding a compatibility with both, it's fine with me..but ultimately, they are not , according to teachings and per observable factual datas and behavior promoted.
Ahhh...

Let us relax and have "the jewel within the lotus"

Unlike scientology where you get the jewel within the locust...

What you point to as making for incompatibility is precisely why I find them compatible by reason of being complementary; christianity brings in what is not lacking but weak in scientology

For me, christianity tames scientology very much the same way fuller's earth tames nitroglycerine...

You say much in your post Lotus. Giving brief response to a few points...

In Hubbard's work you often find harmony promoted; check out the 3.0-4.0 band on the COHE

And the Nazarene was NOT a "family values" kind of guy; one of his band wanted to take a LOA for a family funeral and he said "Let the dead bury the dead". There's the passage which begins "Do not think I come to bring peace but to set a sword..." and the same Teacher For The Ages who said the greatest commandment is twofold, the second part much like the first; "love God with all your heart and soul, love your neighbor as you love yourself" also said "verily you can not be my disciple unless you hate your family and your friends"; an injunction frighteningly compatible with the way scientology can play out...

With the organized Church one of their most valuable selling points is "family values". One of their most valuable products is men who keep their peckers in their pants and food on the table.

And speaking of Bhuddism

Is like taking a shower while wearing a raincoat.

And a zen zoo is full of empty cages

Then down there at the bottom...

Just one quick comment about "behaviour promoted"

When I joined staff I soon read the HCO PL containing The Admin Scale and found the only thing lower than Statistics was Ideal Scenes and looking about (at one of the finest, most productive and most FUN! Cl IV orgs ever) I said to myself "the tail is wagging the dog in this joint"

An awful lot of very good behavior was promoted and practiced when I was active. For various reasons, most of them having to do with the familiar mortal frailties of the bipeds infesting the top of the food chain on this wretched-but-best-in-the-neighborhood spherical chunk of real estate.

Bottom line:

Co$ suxxx gangrenous iguana hemrrhoids but auditing and auditor training are still good things especially when attuned to the familiar albeit boring Eternal Verites