What's new

The Eye of the I

Div6

Crusader
http://www.amazon.com/Eye-Which-Nothing-Hidden/dp/0964326191

Interesting book on spiritual "states" from a humanistic viewpoint. One thing of note is the following:

• "One individual who lives and vibrates the energy of optimism and a willingness to be non-judgmental of others will counterbalance the negativity of 90,000 individuals who calibrate at the lower weakening levels (of energy)."
• "One individual who vibrates to the energy of pure love and reverence for all of life will counterbalance the negativity of 750,000 individuals."
• "One individual who lives and vibrates to the energy of illumination, bliss, and infinite peace will counterbalance the negativity of 10 million people."
• One individual who lives and vibrates to the energy of grace, pure spirit beyond the body, in a world of non-duality or complete oneness, will counterbalance the negativity of 70 million people."

This is the first I have encountered of David R. Hawkins, but apparently he is well known in a number of circles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30CHKn6wYoE

Sindy

Crusader

Interesting book on spiritual "states" from a humanistic viewpoint. One thing of note is the following:

• "One individual who lives and vibrates the energy of optimism and a willingness to be non-judgmental of others will counterbalance the negativity of 90,000 individuals who calibrate at the lower weakening levels (of energy)."
• "One individual who vibrates to the energy of pure love and reverence for all of life will counterbalance the negativity of 750,000 individuals."
• "One individual who lives and vibrates to the energy of illumination, bliss, and infinite peace will counterbalance the negativity of 10 million people."
• One individual who lives and vibrates to the energy of grace, pure spirit beyond the body, in a world of non-duality or complete oneness, will counterbalance the negativity of 70 million people."

This is the first I have encountered of David R. Hawkins, but apparently he is well known in a number of circles.

Thanks for this and Happy Valentine's Day. I read a bit of the reviews and decided to order the book, which I just did. :) The video was not a deciding factor.

guanoloco

As-Wased
Thanks for this and Happy Valentine's Day. I read a bit of the reviews and decided to order the book, which I just did. :) The video was not a deciding factor.

Synthia,

Remember over on the 100 Stupidest threads where I talked about reading books that capped spiritual studies?

It was these! Eye of the I is the 2nd or possibly 3rd.

The 1st is Power vs Force. Really glad to see this thread start.

I recommended this for Mate and Paul to read but they didn't seem too interested.

Would really like to see what you guys get out of this book and/or series.

Here's some problems:

1) heavily into applied kinesiology :whistling:

2) claims to "evaluate veracity" on each book and chapter with AK (applied kinesiology)

3) states that anybody can do this in 1st couple books

4) in later books this idea graduates into practice and, finally, one must be integrous for the AK to work

The problem is that if AK "worked" how can it be true in all instances when the shift to others using AK goes from anybody, to practice, to those integrous?

There are other problems but all in all I found this the absolute greatest series in clarifying "ego", "enlightenment", etc.

Anxiously awaiting yours and others reviews here!

PS I certainly believe that if any Scientologist were to read these that it would start the house of cards tumbling.

WOOT!! :thumbsup:

guanoloco

As-Wased

Div6,

Have you read any of these yet?

If not, I highly recommend them, found them very, very, very good.

Would like to know your review.

All in all, I've gotten more out of this set of books than anything else I've ever read.

Div6

Crusader
Div6,

Have you read any of these yet?

If not, I highly recommend them, found them very, very, very good.

Would like to know your review.

All in all, I've gotten more out of this set of books than anything else I've ever read.

Just ordered a few today.....I will update once I read them. Thanks!

Unconditional Love ?

Is that an oxymoron?
If it is love, than it has conditions, whether than are considered to be good or bad, positive or negative. The word "love" has to be used, to make it clear that a particular thing is being talked about and not something else. It is therefore conditioned, and since "love" has so many associations of meanings and is such an emotional button-pusher then there is a lot of conditioning there.

me myself & i

Patron Meritorious
Unconditional Love ?

Is that an oxymoron?
If it is love, than it has conditions, whether than are considered to be good or bad, positive or negative. The word "love" has to be used, to make it clear that a particular thing is being talked about and not something else. It is therefore conditioned, and since "love" has so many associations of meanings and is such an emotional button-pusher then there is a lot of conditioning there.

Which is why 'words' are notoriously not up to the task of conveying what can only be experienced/known in the individualized realm of subjective Being.

Hell words fail at the simplest of levels, for example in answering, what does an apple taste like? Sweet? What does sweet taste like? Not-sour? What does sour taste like? ad infinitum.

When we expect too much of words we run the risk of failing to see the forest for the trees. So to speak. Lol.

Not that there's anything wrong with words mind you.....lol.

mm&I

Div6

Crusader
Ok. Finished "Power vs. Force". Admittedly in a bit of a glib manner, as I have not tested the efficacy of applied kinesiology. That said, it posits a logarithmic scale of human consciousness and awareness from 0 to 1000. According to AK, most of humanity calibrates right around 200, which is "Pride". It proffers to be a sort of "meta-map" of consciousness and religious\spiritual studies. And in that regard, I think it complements most understandings in those various fields.
I can't say that I learned anything "new", but it does give a broad framework which can be used to help align and evaluate similar data.

What I find lacking is any actual "doingness"....perhaps that comes in the next book, I don't know. I have just started "The Eye of the I", so we will see.

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud

Frankly, I'm going to hold off on any comment on the ratio of those numbers until our esteemed Vinnaire has completed a peer review on his findings of the validity of those particualer set of numerical relationships.

Would someone page him?

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Unconditional Love ?

Is that an oxymoron?

I agree. That's the way it usually is. Even those who seem to be feeling unconditional love have maybe a few conditions behind it. Some maybe less than others.

I would think that if you had a loving "god" that maybe that entity would have unconditional love for people. But the gods written about in various scriptures seem to place ALL kinds of conditions on love, thus rendering my hypothesis strictly in theoretical, at best.

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron

as a theory , on the negative , what could the anti-social living defintions of sociopaths like Hubbard and Miscavige vibrate out into the world.

* Manipulative and Conning
They never recognize the rights of others and see their self-serving behaviors as permissible. They appear to be charming, yet are covertly hostile and domineering, seeing their victim as merely an instrument to be used. They may dominate and humiliate their victims.

counter balance 2 million happy souls.

* Grandiose Sense of Self
Feels entitled to certain things as "their right." counter balance 20, 000 souls will

counterbalance the negativity of 100,000 individuals

* Pathological Lying
Has no problem lying coolly and easily and it is almost impossible for them to be truthful on a consistent basis. Can create, and get caught up in, a complex belief about their own powers and abilities. Extremely convincing and even able to pass lie detector tests.

will counterbalance the negativity of 1'000,000 individuals

* Lack of Remorse, Shame or Guilt
A deep seated rage, which is split off and repressed, is at their core. Does not see others around them as people, but only as targets and opportunities. Instead of friends, they have victims and accomplices who end up as victims. The end always justifies the means and they let nothing stand in their way.

will counterbalance the negativity of 40.000

* Shallow Emotions
When they show what seems to be warmth, joy, love and compassion it is more feigned than experienced and serves an ulterior motive. Outraged by insignificant matters, yet remaining unmoved and cold by what would upset a normal person. Since they are not genuine, neither are their promises

* Incapacity for Love

* Need for Stimulation
Living on the edge. Verbal outbursts and physical punishments are normal. Promiscuity and gambling are common.

* Callousness/Lack of Empathy
Unable to empathize with the pain of their victims, having only contempt for others' feelings of distress and readily taking advantage of them.

* Poor Behavioral Controls/Impulsive Nature
Rage and abuse, alternating with small expressions of love and approval produce an addictive cycle for abuser and abused, as well as creating hopelessness in the victim. Believe they are all-powerful, all-knowing, entitled to every wish, no sense of personal boundaries, no concern for their impact on others.

* Early Behavior Problems/Juvenile Delinquency
Usually has a history of behavioral and academic difficulties, yet "gets by" by conning others. Problems in making and keeping friends; aberrant behaviors such as cruelty to people or animals, stealing, etc.

* Overall destructive
Not concerned about wrecking others' lives and dreams. Oblivious or indifferent to the devastation they cause. Does not accept blame themselves, but shifts blames to others, even for acts they obviously committed.

* Promiscuous Sexual Behavior/Infidelity
Promiscuity, child sexual abuse, rape and sexual acting out of all sorts.

* Lack of Realistic Life Plan/Parasitic Lifestyle
Tends to move around a lot or makes all encompassing promises for the future, poor work ethic but exploits others effectively.
* Criminal or Entrepreneurial Versatility
Changes their image as needed to avoid prosecution. Changes life story readily.

Other Related Qualities:

1. Contemptuous of those who seek to understand them
2. Does not perceive that anything is wrong with them
3. Authoritarian
4. Secretive
5. Paranoid
6. Only rarely in difficulty with the law, but seeks out situations where their tyrannical behavior will be tolerated, condoned, or admired
7. Conventional appearance
8. Goal of enslavement of their victim(s)
9. Exercises despotic control over every aspect of the victim's life
10. Has an emotional need to justify their crimes and therefore needs their victim's affirmation (respect, gratitude and love)
11. Ultimate goal is the creation of a willing victim
12. Incapable of real human attachment to another
13. Unable to feel remorse or guilt
14. Extreme narcissism and grandiose
15. May state readily that their goal is to rule the world[/COLOR]

I will send this to Danny Sherman to save him creating the impossible..

paradox

ab intra silentio vera
degraded being said:
Unconditional Love ?

Is that an oxymoron?

I agree. That's the way it usually is. Even those who seem to be feeling unconditional love have maybe a few conditions behind it. Some maybe less than others.

I would think that if you had a loving "god" that maybe that entity would have unconditional love for people. But the gods written about in various scriptures seem to place ALL kinds of conditions on love, thus rendering my hypothesis strictly in theoretical, at best.

I don't know what the word is; don't think it's love; maybe it's more like mutual unconditional "acceptance." I think my only personal experience of it has been with my children, especially as infants and toddlers, and with "my" dogs throughout my life. And, as I mature in my spiritual growth (or however else one would care to word it), more and more with myself; and somewhat by extension, with others. :confused2:

paradox

ab intra silentio vera
I have had some passing familiarity with kinesiology from when I was a $cn - frankly, didn't think much of it at the time, nor now.

In the interest of looking at the other side of the coin, I ran across a thread a while back shortly after having run across some sort of promotional video a few years ago on this type of thing - I don't think it was Hawkins himself but this material rings a bell - anyways, I ran across a Rick Ross forum topic on him. Can't say that I'm much of a Ross fan (his attitude strikes me as a bit authoritarian, or perhaps arrogant is the word I'm searching for?), but still I found the Hawkins thread of interest. For what it might be worth to anyone wanting to explore both sides of the topic without having to layout cash first to buy books, videos, or what-have-you.

"Cults," Sects, and "New Religious Movements"
David R. Hawkins
http://forum.rickross.com/read.php?12,13156,page=1

But since I don't really personally know much of what his message is I'm going to check out some more of his material to give it a "fair go" as I've learned from some of the Aussies around here.

Last edited:

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
I don't know what the word is; don't think it's love; maybe it's more like mutual unconditional "acceptance." I think my only personal experience of it has been with my children, especially as infants and toddlers, and with "my" dogs throughout my life. And, as I mature in my spiritual growth (or however else one would care to word it), more and more with myself; and somewhat by extension, with others. :confused2:

The term Love to me is also unconditional acceptance, Love embraces so many words in one.