What's new

THE NEW LOWER CONDITIONS

G

Gottabrain

Good Points, Schwimmel and Disinfected.

Yes, Disinfected, it is a bit of an oversimplification Yes, a structured thinker can think multi-dimensionally, but it is still structured. You are obviously not much of an abstract thinker, because your approach and answer to this is STILL from structured thought. See? You prove my point. Lol! Abstract thinking is sort of intuitive, not exactly. It is like getting the whole picture first without having to build up a base of rational arguments, it is that part of us that is artist, creator, designer.

What I said on different ways people think - that part was based on research (thus far) into the brain and our cognitive processes. That doesn't mean the research is complete. The rest about whether it appeals to Scn or not is my personal opinion as well as that of my former therapist, but what you said in response is simply your personal opinion and theory with no basis of fact. Try this link to chew on for a bit: http://webspace.ship.edu/cgboer/gestalt.html

Schwimmel: Good to talk to you again - I was off the site for a while. I am still working on this. You brought up such a good point. Let me work it backwards, consequences first. Help me out here: A person is in Treason to himself when he cuts communication with his loved ones. A person is in Treason to himself when he betrays those he genuinely loves and who love him for any reason. A betrayal would be a cut comm, an impersonal letter, ignoring the pain of a loved one, separating yourself from that comm line or love by personal delusions of grandeur and an unwillingness to participate in compassion for the pain of a loved one. Separating from our tender, spiritual self for a persona of being above another. Does that seem accurate? Can you help me simplify or add to this?

FoTi

Crusader
Good Points, Schwimmel and Disinfected.

Schwimmel: Good to talk to you again - I was off the site for a while. I am still working on this. You brought up such a good point. Let me work it backwards, consequences first. Help me out here: A person is in Treason to himself when he cuts communication with his loved ones. A person is in Treason to himself when he betrays those he genuinely loves and who love him for any reason. A betrayal would be a cut comm, an impersonal letter, ignoring the pain of a loved one, separating yourself from that comm line or love by personal delusions of grandeur and an unwillingness to participate in compassion for the pain of a loved one. Separating from our tender, spiritual self for a persona of being above another. Does that seem accurate? Can you help me simplify or add to this?

Interesting.