What's new

The "SP case"

Little Bear Victor

Silver Meritorious Patron
A subject someone touched upon in the "miss X" thread was the question if anyone had ever successfully handled, by LRH Tech, the "SP case."

I could of course ask more fundamental questions, for as does such a thing even exist, but let's take it on the hypothesis that the case that LRH describes, whereupon an individual is basing all his actions on a hidden terror of others, trying to overtly or covertly destroy them existed.

Obviously DM has no clue what to do with SP's (which, in his universe make up some 97.5% of the people he meets), as his "handling" is to use physical force, constraints, isolation, threats, private and public harassment, introversion, enturbulation, disconnection and expulsion.

What would a real Scientologist do to handle an SP case?

Has it ever worked?

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I've come across the occasional addressing of an "SP BT" at SH, which was supposedly successful. I didn't see the folders but heard about it. Personally I don't think this really counts as a positive answer to your question though.

Paul

Div6

Crusader
I have seen 2 cases where major aspects of an "SP Case" have been dealt with.
The first was a guy LRH mentioned in the XDN tapes. He did Power at ST. Hill and raved about it...it literally did change his life. He never got the XDN handlings though....but he did stop committing "pt overts" and led a productive, pro-survival existence after that.

The 2nd was a guy that was more "slow case gain" rather than "no case gain". He flew after some FPRD.....

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
SP BT handled!

I have this story about handling an SP BT!

Yesterday the signal horn on my car quit working. Being a former $cientologist I of course immediatly suspected one or more BT's were causing trouble!

And i was right! - There was a damned lowtone BT sitting right in the power connector to the horn, blocking the electrical flow of exited electrons. Blocking communication is an SP trait! - He was easy to spot because he'd made the connector all eroded and green! - Ruining ones environment is another SP trait! - And being a bloody nuisance is a third! - This BT was an SP, no doubts about it!

gauges_connector_small.jpg

(This connector is new and shiny, not infected by any BT's)

I got that connector yanked off of there fast! - Man! I was mad at that stupid BT! - I got my hammer and hammered him and his connector flat while yelling obscenities at him! - I sensed that this BT was a real diehard! He willfully caused unsightly hammermarks in the table surface! - I got the blender from the kithchen. Acid in blender and connector with BT in there! - Hah! - You should have seen that basterd get the fast and dizzy runaround in there! - I screamed at him that there was no afterlife and that he was a meatball living only once. I commanded him with tone 40 to be a dingleberry for all eternity.

Did I say that this one was a real diehard SP BT!? - Will you believe this? - He utterly RUINED the blender, causing me trouble with the missus over it!

I'd had it with the basterd by now! - On the street I threw the connector onto a passing truck with diary products for Antwerpen!

I then got a new connector fitted: Lo and behold! Horn worked like a charm again!

With such success I really should have hooray'ed for Ron.. But I'm a SP, so I just gave him the abominable finger.

:tease:

Ralph Hilton

Patron Meritorious
I saw quite a few people who were into some heavy evil dramatizations blow them out on Expanded Dianetics. The handling depends on a very light destimulation at first by just gently addressing case factors that put someone out of valence. Once the person's ARC level is up and heavy introverting charge is handled then the heavier stuff can be taken up. LRH went into quite a bit of detail on it in the XDN lectures.
It seems to me that those who need that handling the most work to keep it out of use.

lionheart

Gold Meritorious Patron
SchwimmelPuckel - I haven't read anything so funny for quite a while. I laughed out loud at the image of you handling that pesky SP!

I'll go along with LBV's hypothesis for the purpose of this thread.

I know Power was claimed to handle SPs at the time it was researched/released.

One thing I don't get is how can an SP be audited? - surely it is out-tech to audit them, yet Ron claimed SPs could be "handled" with auditing, but he forbid them to be audited, but he developed tech to audit them, but he said they couldn't make case gain, but he several times over the years said Scn tech could now handle them, but he declared them and said they could never receive auditing, but he......

Div6 - I genuinely want to better understand what you are saying. Slow case gain, no case gain and PT Overt cases are not the same as SPs per LRH definitions. Was the guy on Power actually an SP per LRH definition or just having some anti-social traits? Did you actually know him personally apart from what LRH said on tapes? Had he been declared and then audited on Power? Who evaluated him as an SP?

I'm an SP - I have a vital interest in this! (sorry! can't resist joking about my declare :) )

lionheart

Gold Meritorious Patron
I saw quite a few people who were into some heavy evil dramatizations blow them out on Expanded Dianetics. The handling depends on a very light destimulation at first by just gently addressing case factors that put someone out of valence. Once the person's ARC level is up and heavy introverting charge is handled then the heavier stuff can be taken up. LRH went into quite a bit of detail on it in the XDN lectures.
It seems to me that those who need that handling the most work to keep it out of use.

Hi Ralph. LRH does seem to have been genuinely interested in handling the difficult cases. I'd love to have studied XDN and have listened to his tapes on the subject.

Are you saying people who are in some heavy evil dramatisations are SP's? Or that as that case was handled, it follows SPs would have been handled if ever given the chance?

Ralph Hilton

Patron Meritorious
Hi Ralph. LRH does seem to have been genuinely interested in handling the difficult cases. I'd love to have studied XDN and have listened to his tapes on the subject.

Are you saying people who are in some heavy evil dramatisations are SP's? Or that as that case was handled, it follows SPs would have been handled if ever given the chance?

I'd say that SP is not an absolute. LRH wanted to handle SP cases. I think he was quite aware that he had evil aspects to his own case and really did want them handled aswell. Most of us do suppressive things sometimes. Some people do it a lot more than others. Saner people realize that they are doing it and work toward change.

To handle a fairly heavy SP case needs a lot of control. The person has to be put in a position where they cannot dramatize their evil purposes. It needs to be a safe environment. In the early days of the RPF it was not the heavy oppressive environment that it later became.

The FZ is somewhat rampant with evil dramatizations for the simple reason that anyone can wander from auditor to auditor and keep on dramatizing. Some people need to be locked up and controlled before they can be helped.
I can see that such a statement will offend some. However it is recognized in society generally that criminals have to be locked up for the good of society.
Sexual perverts get the equivalent of an SP declare with their photos on the internet and heavy penalties for going near children.

I see that DM is quite heavily suppressive at the moment. I don't have the slightest doubt that given the opportunity to create a benign RPF with DM on it, I could handle his case. By benign I mean decent food, regular schedules, adequate sleep, productive work that isn't degrading etc.

For a quite short period around 30 years ago the RPF was somewhat working.

Vinaire

Sponsor
A subject someone touched upon in the "miss X" thread was the question if anyone had ever successfully handled, by LRH Tech, the "SP case."

I could of course ask more fundamental questions, for as does such a thing even exist, but let's take it on the hypothesis that the case that LRH describes, whereupon an individual is basing all his actions on a hidden terror of others, trying to overtly or covertly destroy them existed.

Obviously DM has no clue what to do with SP's (which, in his universe make up some 97.5% of the people he meets), as his "handling" is to use physical force, constraints, isolation, threats, private and public harassment, introversion, enturbulation, disconnection and expulsion.

What would a real Scientologist do to handle an SP case?

Has it ever worked?

From 1950's LRH auditing demonstrations it appears to me that when a pc has visio and sonic shut-off on certain personality in the engram then probably he is in the valence of that personality.

It is like having a shut-off on STATIC because one is basically STATIC. You just cannot describe a STATIC. The moment you bring it to thought it is a THOUGHT and not STATIC. (This is just for analogy. This is definitely not a harmonic.)

Similarly, an SP will have a shut-off on recognizing his SP valence or beingness, but he is likely to see it all around himself (a characteristic of SP valence).

DM may very well qualify for that distinction if he sees more than 2.5% people around him as SPs.

How easy it is to get an SP to step out and look at the valence he has assumed? I have no experience with that.

Jim Logan

Patron
Jim Logan

At LBV's request I have something to post on this. A full understanding of what is actually meant by "SP" is necessary to understanding how and by what means it is to be handled. That I will not go into here as there are adequate materials covering the entire premise and resolution means.

The basic however is the idea that at the exact moment a being begins to stop something, he begins the build up of a mass/energy phenomenon. If he continues then this area of building up 'charge' builds up. Now, the original thing that was a confusion, or something perceived as antipathetic to the being is one side and his answer to it, his solution, his decision, his consideration, his effort to stop this perceived antipathy is the other side of this two terminal item. It is like a battery now, or a capacitor, the two terminals held apart. Now he's got more or less of a problem as defined in the tech dictionary.

Expand the above mechanics to a generalized stop on many fronts as the being more and more considers other actions antipathetic in a similar fashion, that is, A=A, and add a solution of overts to 'solve this problem' and put it on automatic and we are approaching the manifestation of "SP". ( The above is a very much shorthanded description mind you and is definitely not meant as a substitute for a full description of the mechanics as goes below for the handling).

The simplicity of handling is to get the original incident of antipathy, and aid the being to come off the stop and allow him to as-is the confusion, antipathy, counter-survival situation, and as-is his 'solution' which was a non duplication in the first place. He then no longer has anything to 'solve' with present time overts. He isn't bonkers on the area but can have full ARC and thus understanding and vanquish this mechanical aspect of existence, this 'battery'.

Many means exist to get at this and they are done at various levels including FPRD, EXDN, Power, and others.

Getting the guy to actually do these tech handlings sometimes requires the necessary restraint of the perpetual fight he is in solving this and that's what the ethics aspect is all about. Hold the fort long enough to get the tech in and then there is no need to further restrain something that isn't there.

Not only have I seen the above in many cases, I have myself experienced my own personal handling of my own personal Evil Intentions that I was using to 'solve' some area. I was bonkers on the area and had my wits tangled and I acted 'suppressively'.

As Ralph cogently points out, even the SP case isn't absolute and it takes greater or lesser handling in each instance.

My own experience, which is corroborated in the actual LRH materials, has been that in thousands of separate experiences of having someone on an emeter I have run across a single, genuine, and verified R/S on any of the List One topics. This was manifest in behavior with all that entails. That person was handled according to the data and put through all the way to the steps of NOTs as a complete cover of it.

This person is without question a person I admire greatly and I would say a screaming success in life. So, without hestitation or doubt, I have seen an SP, by definition, handled fully and they are by no means an SP now and are in fact a wonderful contributing member of this society. It was an extremely simple and effective resolution of their debilitating struggle, freeing the being to live and act in the present with no 'solution' needed as there was no more problem. Jim
Again, please note, what I have described above is in no way meant as a substitute for a full study and grasp of the body of materials on SPs, EPurps, Problem, Prior Confusion, the Itsa Line or anything else.

lionheart

Gold Meritorious Patron
I'd say that SP is not an absolute. LRH wanted to handle SP cases. I think he was quite aware that he had evil aspects to his own case and really did want them handled aswell. Most of us do suppressive things sometimes. Some people do it a lot more than others. Saner people realize that they are doing it and work toward change.

To handle a fairly heavy SP case needs a lot of control. The person has to be put in a position where they cannot dramatize their evil purposes. It needs to be a safe environment. In the early days of the RPF it was not the heavy oppressive environment that it later became.

The FZ is somewhat rampant with evil dramatizations for the simple reason that anyone can wander from auditor to auditor and keep on dramatizing. Some people need to be locked up and controlled before they can be helped.
I can see that such a statement will offend some. However it is recognized in society generally that criminals have to be locked up for the good of society.
Sexual perverts get the equivalent of an SP declare with their photos on the internet and heavy penalties for going near children.

I see that DM is quite heavily suppressive at the moment. I don't have the slightest doubt that given the opportunity to create a benign RPF with DM on it, I could handle his case. By benign I mean decent food, regular schedules, adequate sleep, productive work that isn't degrading etc.

For a quite short period around 30 years ago the RPF was somewhat working.

Yes, I find your posting somewhat challenging! But that is one of the purposes for message boards as far as I am concerned. We should challenge each other to review our ideas, so that we learn and grow. This was a luxury denied to us in the CofS.

I no longer consider myself a Scientologist, whereas I suppose you do still call yourself a Scientologist. You do show a refreshing discrimination, flexibility and freshness compared to many Scientologists.

It's an interesting idea that LRHH may have talked and researched so much about 1.1, SP characteristics, Evil Purposes etc because he wanted those aspects of his personality handled. That idea had never occurred to me.

My first observation of the RPF was over 30 years ago. I wouldn't describe it as benign. The food was always and only left-over scraps scraped of the other staff member's plates. The schedule was regular but extremely tough. Sleep was inadequate. Hygene was appalling. The work was productive in that it was digging foundations for the Castle extension, but it was extremely harsh, akin to ancient slave labour. The RPF that I observed 30 years ago was deliberately degrading and designed to be so on LRH instruction. Maybe he was asking to be put on it himself!

I think it may have become slightly more benign after it had been in use for a while. But when I first saw it, it was a freshly exported technology of Ron's from the Flagship.

Thanks for your respectful, challenging replies.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
This is all crap.

There is no such thing as an "SP" as described by L Ron Hubbard.

It is a cartoon made up to fool people by creating boogeymen to blame.

Alan

Gold Meritorious Patron
This is all crap.

:lol:

Only an SP could write something like this :)

Ralph Hilton

Patron Meritorious
This is all crap.

How would you classify those who flew planes into the twin towers? Those who sentence a 19 year old girl to 200 lashes and 6 months in jail after being raped by 7 men? Those who rape children?

There are SPs around. Whether Hubbard's descriptions are more accurate than those in DSM IV is up for discussion but not the fact that they exist.

Tanstaafl

Crusader
How easy it is to get an SP to step out and look at the valence he has assumed? I have no experience with that.

A long, slow gradient approach is probably impractical.
Possibly, any technique that partially or wholly bypasses the protective mechanism of the mind?
Anyone care to invent one? :)

Little Bear Victor

Silver Meritorious Patron

I don't have the slightest doubt that given the opportunity to create a benign RPF with DM on it, I could handle his case. By benign I mean decent food, regular schedules, adequate sleep, productive work that isn't degrading etc.

Wow -- that's quite a statement. When was the last time you met this individual in person?

I am certain you would never get him to sit down in a PC chair to hold the cans to begin with.

V