What's new

The State of Clear

Intentionally Blank

Scientology Widow
That insightful observation about the two (2) Scientololgies, hard & soft, is quite brilliant!

I am not sure how the other suggestion to mirror that tactic would work, but it sure would be interesting if someone tried it and reported back.

I tend to think that Scientologists lose their euphoric self-induced trance by erosion, from whatever of nature's "elements" (facts, logic, love, reason, joking, criticism, whistleblowing testimonials, et al) they are exposed to. Those things tend to take some time, but there is one (1) sure accelerant to the process of getting a Scientologist to abandon their kooky ksw koolaid drinking indoctrination and blow--

That would be the moment that they are personally attacked by Scientology or Scientologists by having the Scientology "attack tech" aimed at them. Example: Marty Rathbun, who spent decades attacking others with Scientology's full bag of black ops dirty tech tactics. But he left the Sea Org when he was personally being beaten, imprisoned and psychologically pulverized by Miscavige. Then he became the Kind of the Indie Scientologists--until quite predictably some of his fellow Indies began to "black pr" and "dead agent" him. That precisely when he began to retire from Indie world, culminating in his public disavowal of Scientology and Hubbard.

Scientology: Scientologist love to apply it on others. Until someone applies it on them.

psst... Trinity.... see?? I knew it was brilliant. I'll give it a couple of tries and fill out my report in triplicate.

I don't know about other scientologists - I only live with the one - but I completely agree that being on the down side of the attack tek is possibly the most powerful wake up event. I think feeding the kinds of things that were talked about on my other thread (kindness, time away from the org, other philosophies, discussion of critical thinking, etc) followed by attack tek are the mental equivalent of a one/two punch.

The first problem that comes to mind is how to trigger, on demand, attack tek when you want it. And then, for someone like me who has a lot at stake, there is the fear that being attacked will cause enough shame and self loathing to make the scientologist forego other (squirrel) activities and recommit to the cult with even more dedication. I think cycling through squirrel activities/attack tek/recommitment enough times would ultimately result in waking up but it's pretty darn hard on a marriage. Timing is important. Gauging the "right" time is challenging and possibly impossible.

Blanky

JustSheila

Crusader
You could try this from the cult:

http://www.scientology.org/faq/clear/what-is-the-state-of-clear.html

WHAT IS THE STATE OF CLEAR?
Clear is the name of a state achieved through auditing and describes a being who no longer has his own reactive mind, the hidden source of irrational behavior, unreasonable fears, upsets and insecurities. Without a reactive mind, individuals regain their basic personality, self-determinism and, in essence, become much, much more themselves.

<snip>​

It continues like that for a couple more paragraphs. Unfortunately it doesn't really state anything meaty that you can sink your teeth into: it's all weasel words.

There IS meaty stuff in DMSMH, the chapter on Clear, that is pretty easy to WTF to, but I don't know if the cult dare to put it online. I'll poke around a bit . . . .

Not from the cult. However, not from an obvious critic site or ESMB :))) either, but from Google Books, The Future of Religion: Secularization, Revival, and Cult Formation page 267:

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=... referred to as psycho-somatic ills."&f=false

A clear can be tested for any and all psychoses, neuroses, compulsions and re-
pressions (all aberrations) and can be examined for any autogenic (self-gener-
ated) diseases referred to as psycho-somatic ills. These tests confirm the clear to
be entirely without such ills or aberrations. Additional tests of his intelligence
indicate to it [sic] be high above the current norm. Observation of his activity
demonstrates that he pursues existence with vigor and satisfaction.​

Paul

:thumbsup:

Blanky, Dianetics was never anything more than a spin-off of Freud's theories and tedious psychotherapy. It worked sometimes, but took years, and it probably didn't work any more often than someone who just had a friend listen to them.

The entire theory of Dianetics is bullshit, though. The basics of it is, that if we are knocked unconscious and in pain, the subconscious mind keeps recording and that this is the basic reason we have unreasonable fears, etc. isn't true.

In my own life, that proved to be utter bullshit.

I was bit badly by a dog when I was a small child, knocked unconscious, in hospital, and still don't remember any of the incident from the bite forward (despite some 44 folders of auditing when I was in Scientology), though I was old enough to remember plenty. According to Dianetics, I suffered from a classic engram that would have a horrible effect on me in my life until I ran out the engram.

My parents would tell me to beware of dogs, that I should be afraid of dogs, etc. in the years that followed. They couldn't understand why I would greet the neighbors' dogs and talk to them.

I wasn't particularly afraid of dogs after that, but I was wisely cautious. I didn't resent dogs - if anything, I believe I understood their instinctual reactions pretty well and if I learned anything at all from that experience, it was to respect their power and nature, never surprise them, never intimidate them by getting in their personal space and allow the dog to decide whether to be friends or not.

I've been terrific with animals for as long as far back as I can remember after that, and that biting incident was my first experience with a dog.

Maybe you can relate some part of this to Mr/Mrs Blanky. Because there are no such things as engrams.