What's new

The Time I Nearly Made It at Flag As An Out of Org Trainee

onthepes

Patron with Honors
thanks for responses here. You guys are gold.

I did want to mention some interesting developments. I feel less and less concerned about repercussions of posting here. When I realised that I got a nice message from someone still in Scientology but ARC broken from the church and had not been in for a few months. She said " every time we put our energy towards saving money towards Scientology we end up less happy". She now knows that I have disconnected from the Church.

Then, today, I got a call from a lovely man in Sydney who let me board there on 3 seperate occassions. Great chap. Still in. Normally I am remiss to answer the phone but I thought "Fuck it". So he asks what have I been up to. I said "Been having a lot of fun mate, you?" He said "Yeah been pretty good". I flat told him "I am no longer in Scientology but it is nice to hear from you". He said "Okay. So what about your Bridge." I said " Yeah, I won't be doing that. I am fine with it that I am not". He paused and said "That's good". I am sure he was in shock. The way it normally goes is that you get "salvaged". He could tell I did not need it. He then said "I have finished my 7th ACC and I am looking to do my Class IV internship. I want to finish it. It is taking a lot of confront". I told him "Yes, I have been doing a lot of research. It is getting harder and harder to complete any actions in Scientology. You get sent back down the Bridge, extra material is added to your checksheet and basically everything takes longer". He said "Yes, that's true". Then I had another call come through. I told him "Anyway gotta go buddy, but you take care". He said " You too". I am sure Scio Management would give him a flunk. I admired the guy that he did not try and handle or pressure me apart from a fleeting mention of the Bridge. I wonder if people are less inclined to handle anymore. All you need to do now is say "Look, when you feel ready, have a look on the net. Let's have a chat when you do feel ready. Ciao".

Div6

Crusader
thanks for responses here. You guys are gold.

I did want to mention some interesting developments. I feel less and less concerned about repercussions of posting here. When I realised that I got a nice message from someone still in Scientology but ARC broken from the church and had not been in for a few months. She said " every time we put our energy towards saving money towards Scientology we end up less happy". She now knows that I have disconnected from the Church.

Then, today, I got a call from a lovely man in Sydney who let me board there on 3 seperate occassions. Great chap. Still in. Normally I am remiss to answer the phone but I thought "Fuck it". So he asks what have I been up to. I said "Been having a lot of fun mate, you?" He said "Yeah been pretty good". I flat told him "I am no longer in Scientology but it is nice to hear from you". He said "Okay. So what about your Bridge." I said " Yeah, I won't be doing that. I am fine with it that I am not". He paused and said "That's good". I am sure he was in shock. The way it normally goes is that you get "salvaged". He could tell I did not need it. He then said "I have finished my 7th ACC and I am looking to do my Class IV internship. I want to finish it. It is taking a lot of confront". I told him "Yes, I have been doing a lot of research. It is getting harder and harder to complete any actions in Scientology. You get sent back down the Bridge, extra material is added to your checksheet and basically everything takes longer". He said "Yes, that's true". Then I had another call come through. I told him "Anyway gotta go buddy, but you take care". He said " You too". I am sure Scio Management would give him a flunk. I admired the guy that he did not try and handle or pressure me apart from a fleeting mention of the Bridge. I wonder if people are less inclined to handle anymore. All you need to do now is say "Look, when you feel ready, have a look on the net. Let's have a chat when you do feel ready. Ciao".

It seems to me that the ones left "hanging in" are the ones with material ties (family, financial, etc) in the present. Deep down they feel the "gig" is up, but lact the intestinal fortitude to make a break and look for themselves. It is lost on them that they will lose nothing, (except the odious weight of dysfunctional management), and regain themselves.

Glad you are here....

onthepes

Patron with Honors
Thanks DIV6. Very insightful. Yes "financial". This fellow that called me has Scios stay with him and pay him rent regularly. He will have people that are not Scios too but his main-stayers are Scios. If he left Scientology he might lose his cash-cow. Shame really. He could get just as nice people from any environment come and stay and pay board.