What's new

Thoughts on the Introspection Rundown

number 6

Patron
I read the Introspective Rundown document just recently after it was leaked on Wikileaks. I was struck by how many questions had the word 'INTENT' in it. If I were to go through such a thing, I would go completely psycho like so many others have. After reading that bizarre document, I watched an episode of 'The Prisoner' called 'Once Upon A Time'. It's the second last episode, before the incredibly crappy final episode 'Fall Out'. In this episode, number 2 (the boss) decides takes a drastic measure to find out why number 6 (the protagonist of the whole show, and my nom de guerre) resigned. Intent. Why? What was his intent for resigning so suddenly? Was his intent treasonous? All of the show is like the Introspective Rundown. The whole plot of the show is how number 6 resists the attempts of the village to get him to crack. But 'Once Upon A Time' is the closest to the Introspective Rundown than the other episodes.

In this episode, number 2 regresses number 6 to a childlike state and tries to get number 6 to conform. Number 6 is by nature rebellious, so it doesn't work. Regression to a childlike state is what the Introspection Rundown is supposed to do, right? That's why it's called 'baby watch'. Number 6 may have been a stubborn son of a gun, but Scientologists who had to go through the Introspection Rundown were not so lucky. Take what happened to Lisa McPherson. Just recently I found the Knowledge Report made after Lisa McPherson's death, and it showed that she regressed to a childlike state after being in there for days.

At the end of this episode, one of the two men dies. And so many people who had the IR done on them didn't come out of it alive, like Lisa McPherson for example. This is just a random musing after watching one of my favorite shows. What do you guys think?

Good twin

Floater
After my IR I was obedient for 32 years.:yes:
There was an initial period of resistance. I was angry and confused. I felt misunderstood and heavily invalidated. Then somehow I allowed myself to believe that it was all being done for my own good and in an effort to help make me whole. I remember feeling a deep gratitude that so much care and attention was being directed toward me. I also felt guilty for my own lack of contribution. This is not easy to look at. I didn't have the full IR. I was put in isolation, but only for one or two days. It's hard to remember. At any rate, I guess it did calm me down. It made me quieter. It kept me from rocking the boat for a very long time.Somewhat...

Last edited:

Leon

Gold Meritorious Patron
"Thoughts on the Introspection Rundown"

If you're having thoughts then you're obviously in need of it. EP of the Rundown is "No more thoughts".

Div6

Crusader
<snip>
Regression to a childlike state is what the Introspection Rundown is supposed to do, right? That's why it's called 'baby watch'.
<snip>

Uh, no. The official term for the "pre-auditing" steps is "isolation". That is supposed to include (but is often "quickied") a full medical exam.

The term "baby watch" as best as I can glean, was a term of art in the SO, particularly amongst un-trained personnel...who were often recruited unwillingly to participate (which is another point of out=tech, but c'est la vie).

LRH's theory of the root of psychosis is that is is caused by 'evil purposes' which are then withheld until something happens(usually a gross invalidation, or an out list type situation, and the person dramatizes them. So the IR is intended to allow the person to cool down, and then correct the thing that 'triggered' the psychotic break and then find and handle the underlying "evil purpose".

"Regression to a child like state" would essentially mean "park the person out of present time". In a psycho, they are already out of 'present time', the idea is to get them back into present time.

Good twin

Floater
Uh, no. The official term for the "pre-auditing" steps is "isolation". That is supposed to include (but is often "quickied") a full medical exam.

The term "baby watch" as best as I can glean, was a term of art in the SO, particularly amongst un-trained personnel...who were often recruited unwillingly to participate (which is another point of out=tech, but c'est la vie).

LRH's theory of the root of psychosis is that is is caused by 'evil purposes' which are then withheld until something happens(usually a gross invalidation, or an out list type situation, and the person dramatizes them. So the IR is intended to allow the person to cool down, and then correct the thing that 'triggered' the psychotic break and then find and handle the underlying "evil purpose".

"Regression to a child like state" would essentially mean "park the person out of present time". In a psycho, they are already out of 'present time', the idea is to get them back into present time.

Thank you Div 6. With this explanation, my IR makes sense to me. I was over restimulated (Out of PT). I was isolated and cared for calmly and quietly until I was able to confront my environment a bit. I then was assigned some simple tasks controlling the environment. Then was audited once all was calmed down. I never heard the term "Baby Watch" until years later and never in connection with the IR. I saw it used when ever there was a suicide or homicide threat.

diablo

Patron
Thank you Div 6. With this explanation, my IR makes sense to me. I was over restimulated (Out of PT). I was isolated and cared for calmly and quietly until I was able to confront my environment a bit. I then was assigned some simple tasks controlling the environment. Then was audited once all was calmed down. I never heard the term "Baby Watch" until years later and never in connection with the IR. I saw it used when ever there was a suicide or homicide threat.

Actually let me correct the point:
Baby Watch: WATCH. When HCO assigns a person who will be dedicated only to: Watfch over a terminal, due suicidal, blew attempt from staff, blew attempt from a session, the terminal is a detractor, the terminal is a critical of Scn. Watch is done by HCO authorized personnel only.

I never heard about baby watch, only watch. Having a person only to watch over you is a crap, I had one because they thought I wanted to leave with out doing the rout out from there. :yes: The most funny part was:
- Taking care of my watch assigned person when he was sick . Lol!
- Going to eat with my watch to a restaurant (nobody believed that until I showed the invoice ) :yes:
- And waiting for the watch in order to go anywhere.

Oh did I mention before they assigned a 14 years old watch on me? It was funny I was taking care and watching my own watch. Lol!
:D

See ya!

Good twin

Floater
Actually let me correct the point:
Baby Watch: WATCH. When HCO assigns a person who will be dedicated only to: Watfch over a terminal, due suicidal, blew attempt from staff, blew attempt from a session, the terminal is a detractor, the terminal is a critical of Scn. Watch is done by HCO authorized personnel only.

I never heard about baby watch, only watch. Having a person only to watch over you is a crap, I had one because they thought I wanted to leave with out doing the rout out from there. :yes: The most funny part was:
- Taking care of my watch assigned person when he was sick . Lol!
- Going to eat with my watch to a restaurant (nobody believed that until I showed the invoice ) :yes:
- And waiting for the watch in order to go anywhere.

Oh did I mention before they assigned a 14 years old watch on me? It was funny I was taking care and watching my own watch. Lol!
:D

See ya!

Yep. That's what I recall as well. I was assigned to watch a celebrity once. It was called "Watch", not "Baby Watch". We also went out to eat and took his car to be serviced, etc.
Of course they assigned a kid to watch you. The whole thing is ridiculous. They should hire Paul's robot auditor to handle such matters.:yes:

diablo

Patron
Lol! actually let me correct you :D
Using an auditor for making watch on a person is the same using an expeditor to clean and sweap the whole day if is not his post, Dev-t Series: DEV-T AND CRIMINAL BAD STAFF USAGE. Is a comev offense missusing the personnel.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Exactly. The org staff should be allowed to benefit from Paul's Robot Auditor all day, without restrictions. :)

Paul

diablo

Patron
lol, no problem.... actually I didn't take it bad, I was just correcting a fact, not your opinion. So go on and keep posting :p

Dutenheifer

And so it was, the way for men that had abandon the ways of their fathers. Or heirs of their fathers or fathers fathers sin