What's new

TRs and The Ganzfeld Effect

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
Ya, Biggie, you are right on the button above.

Alan wrote here in ESMB in his posts about the unconfrontable recognition he experienced when he first recognized Hubbard's actual evil . . . it simply massively collided with his prior think about Hubbard . . . and Alan writes on how he personally was confronted with a massive internal "must not think that" . . . yet there it was stark and real: massive Hubbard evilness.

Alan and I did chat about these issues.

It's in Alan's post about "was John MacMaster" kidnapped??? . . . also a classic of truth is Alan's "Pandora's Box" thread.
Yes...

I've been there myself...

Absolute utter HORROR!!!

Of recognizing the indisputable total Massive EVIL!!! of L Ron Hubbard.

Donovan sings...

"First there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, then there is
First there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, then there is."

And Hegel writes of "The Dialectic Process"; Thesis, Antithesis, Synthesis

I'm deep into synthesis vis-a-vis Elron and some of you who have gone deep into antithesis lean a little toward synthesis

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
The RPF and the RPF's RPF should have been the blatant red flag for me but it was sold as a standard LRH technical program using auditing and MEST work to rehabilitate a being that was in a very poor state ie. had deep subconscious evil intentions, etc. - and it was voluntary.

Of course, now we know the pressure and manipulation that was brought to bear in order to get people to "volunteer".

The other big red flag was that things were supposed to be more sane the closer you got to Ron but that just wasn't in evidence. Consistently the people I saw who had the closest connection to Ron appeared stressed and unhappy. I may have had good working relationships with these people and they may have been competent within the insane rationals of Scio world but their quality of life just did not appear sustainable and I couldn't see anything that demonstrated any conditions would ever happen within the organization that would change that.

They asked me to go "over the rainbow" before the 77 raid but between these two things I had already figured out that something was very wrong up there enough to decline. I couldn't put it into words like I can now but at that point I wasn't sticking around so much for Ron or even my own ambitions for "going up the Bridge" or "Clearing the Planet" as I was for my fellow crew members. I sincerely liked these people and we had been through a lot together and the ranks of people that I knew the closest and longest was continually shrinking by attrition.

I'm sure part of LRH's evil was deliberately predating on other people's sense of loyalty. It makes us willing to tolerate and rationalize many things far longer than we should.
Or perhaps Hubbard was being such a gruff but ultimately nonevil blazing bastard in order to get people to break down their walls in such a way as to bond with one another in a context of Peace the way soldiers bond in war.

Or...

As Frank Perdue says:

"It takes a tough man to make tender chicken."

Common You Skulking Pack Of Whining Weenies...

L. Ron Hubbard directed that "the church is to be a religious co-operative"

You get into the realm of synthesis as deeply as I have and maybe you'll see how very important is for us to derive and develop the, by my experience, extraordinary value of a certain greedy power-mad narcissistic psychopath's life work

Last edited:

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
I consider this to be the true lasting benefit to the experience - the ability to recognize and define the manipulation behind the altruistic facade, not just for Scientology but as a life skill.

LRH said that evil was difficult to confront. One of the most important lessons I took from LRH is that people say what they really think and he was no exception.
I would recommend a book called "Character Disturbance" by George K Simon Jr which gives a very experienced view on why a lot of people have trouble confronting evil of sociopaths and how to improve the recognition and addressing of the evil.

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Ya, Biggie, you are right on the button above.

Alan wrote here in ESMB in his posts about the unconfrontable recognition he experienced when he first recognized Hubbard's actual evil . . . it simply massively collided with his prior think about Hubbard . . . and Alan writes on how he personally was confronted with a massive internal "must not think that" . . . yet there it was stark and real: massive Hubbard evilness.

Alan and I did chat about these issues.

It's in Alan's post about "was John MacMaster" kidnapped??? . . . also a classic of truth is Alan's "Pandora's Box" thread.
Rog,

I saw one of your recent post about the use of the Comm Course in your business decades ago. Were the TRs done the 2 hours no blink etc method (hard TRs)?

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
I would recommend a book called "Character Disturbance" by George K Simon Jr which gives a very experienced view on why a lot of people have trouble confronting evil of sociopaths and how to improve the recognition and addressing of the evil.
I haven’t read the book but I have my own theory and I think the phenomena of Stockholming is a good place to start. As a species we evolved without the usual offensive and defensive attributes of horns, teeth, speed, size or strength. We evolved to be intelligent and to function in groups.

Functioning in groups requires intelligence to develop influence in order to survive as either a leader or a follower. If the leaders and/or followers are not very intelligent, as we would probably expect of a goodly number of cavemen, then intelligence would probably be manifested more as manipulation. I think sociopaths intuit this and it may even be genetic. It would be consistent with Crowley’s “Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law” which Hubbard seems to have adopted as his guiding principle early in life, although I expect there were even cavemen who would find this offensive.

Being thrust into a mind warping society like Scientology I think triggers this atavistic response in many people. But we aren’t cave men any more so you must be clever about it and corral people slowly and methodically to convert reason into instinct. Hubbard started out gently and ratcheted up the brutality the more he felt in control such as when he settled on the formula for an isolated community on the ships. Most people would leave after a certain amount of abuse but I think he figured out that those people were more of a liability anyway and contaminated the herd. In later years I think he was more focused on culling the non-stockholmees from the stockholmees so here we are thinking that all this brutality is an aberration within the organization when it was calculated by LRH to create a concentrated stockholmed following consisting of a more naturally converted percentile that he could trust according to his increasingly paranoid standards.

Loyalty to other members of a group is also a key component to LRH’s version of stockholming. In the crudest caveman terms, we evolved to help other group members survive because our own survival depended upon it and there are aspects to loyalty that are as deep in the human psyche as the mechanisms of stockholming. I think Hubbard was keenly aware of this and designed a society that was constantly “under threat of survival” by artificially creating emergencies and perceived enemies to keep us intellectually off balance and focused on helping each other.

We want to understand all this in rational logical terms but that just doesn’t work unless you accept that there is something very deep in the human psyche that makes us this way. I think it is sad and disturbing to see people cling to this in any fashion long after the facts are in but it speaks to who and what we are as a species.

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
Rog,

I saw one of your recent post about the use of the Comm Course in your business decades ago. Were the TRs done the 2 hours no blink etc method (hard TRs)?
I hope Rog answers but I'd bet fifty bucks to win two that the answer is "no".

I was on staff when the two hour blinkless standard came down the pipe and it was basically a disaster for the old HAS Course.

Same with Superliteracy creating "fast flow" by undoing checkouts and clay demos which were very good teaching/training techniques.

RogerB

Crusader
Rog,

Nah, Choisie . . .

It was the summer of 1968. I had been the PE Course/Intro Lecturer in HASI London the year before a crazy replacement ED and SO shit hit the fan. I also ran the Fnd HAS Course. Hence I was very familiar with handling new folks . . . Indeed, as the Pub Exec Sec (both day and Fnd) I was producing more new names to CF than any continental zone of orgs.

When I was booted off staff, I took off to earn a living in that strange and quaint country known as bonny England (remember I'm an Aussie).

So, what I sold the insurance companies was essentially my Intro/PE Course lectures (Comm Formula, Tone/Emotional Scale/Cycle of Control/Action) and the HAS/Comm Course of the original TRs as published pre-1960. They did do an hour of TR0 . . . but they were not given a hard time because the body did its maintenance thing of blinking . . . that blinkless TRs shit is insane. Why insane??? Well the stated tech is that we are working with you to improve your spiritual presence and being . . . what the hell has a body blink got to do with it!?! That blinkless TR shit simply put MORE focus on the body and made it a problem!!!!

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
<snip>
When I was booted off staff, I took off to earn a living in that strange and quaint country known as bonny England (remember I'm an Aussie).
<snip>
Well, it's obvious you're an Aussie mate since it's Scotland that is 'Bonny', not England! England is 'Olde'. ;)

Last edited:

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
I'm sorry that you are so deluded by Hubbard and Scientology that you think you must excuse, ignore, justify and make nothing of the very real and horrible abuses that Hubbard inflicted on his followers. I know you won't stop so don't bother responding with even more absurd justifications.

He really was a monster. Your desperate defense of Hubbard simply doesn't change that. It makes you look like a brainwashed robot -- and I know you're not that. Just accept it.

You may certainly believe that his "miraculous" and "wonderful" "discoveries" absolve him of all his horrible actions -- fine. But at least realize that he was a monster.
La bete-noir d'enfant terrible?

C'est ne rien pas...