What's new

What a small World! Richard and Ramina Nunnellee

bts2free

Patron with Honors
The strangest thing happened just now.

Currently, I live in the middle of nowhere Texas, being a care giver for my Grandmother. A couple times a week, a nurse will come out to check on her condition and all that. Well, one of the nurses who comes out regularly started talking about celebrities she'd met and one of them was Lisa Presley. I told her that I'd met her too because I'd gone to school with her. Well the conversation went on and it turns out that this nurse is the younger sister of Richard Nunnellee.

I was amazed because I'd worked with Richard and his wife Ramina at Gold for about 10 years. Richard and Ramina had gotten into the Sea Org back in the 70's and were very key people in various dissemination campaigns for Dianetics and Scientology. I also grew up with their daughters in LA before I joined the Sea Org myself.

Richard's sister explained to me that for many, many years, Richard and Ramina wouldn't visit the family at all and she figured that it probably had a lot to do with Scientology. I explained to her a lot of the things that were happening at Gold, such as all mail being opened and read before being passed on to family members, as well as all phone calls being monitored. She wasn't surpised and had figured as much.

I asked how Richard and Ramina were and they are doing fine now. They are both now out of the CoS but continue to follow Scientology philosophy. The back story behind their leaving is sad though.

Ramina ended up having a severe medical condition with her heart that required surgery. The Church refused to pay for this and decided to offload her from the Sea Org. Ramina was an over 20 year SO veteran! On top of that, Richard was told to either divorce Ramina and stay in the SO, or be offloaded himself. Well, both he and Ramina left.

Ramina ended up having a successful surgery and is doing fine now. I'm happy that both of them are now out of the SO, and able to spend time with their family.

Richard's sister and I will continue to talk about all of this in more detail, but I just wanted to pass on to anyone who knew Richard and Ramina that they are doing fine and that Ramina had a successful surgery!

Another detail I should mention from this conversation is that another member of their family, who lives in Clearwater, is close friends with the Travoltas and their kids are personal friends with the Travolta kids, and Jett's when he was still alive. This family considers themselves to be Scientologists, but not "part of the CoS," Scientologists. Per these family members, Travolta also considers himself to be of the "not part of the CoS" type of Scientologist these days. I can only take it as rumor, but that's what family members are telling other family members who are personal friends of the Travoltas. Maybe John and Kelly are having second thoughts now about being part of the CoS, especially after Jett's death. Time will tell.

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
I knew them for many years, as well as both of Ramina's daughters.

I'm glad they didn't let the church tear them apart. They were always a strong couple and a strong family.

Glad to hear they are out and I hope they're doing well.

FinallyFree

Gold Meritorious Patron
God I know these people! At least Richard - wasn't he at PAC? It's on the tip of my brain!

Didn't he do one of the "new" DN marketing campaigns?

bts2free

Patron with Honors
God I know these people! At least Richard - wasn't he at PAC? It's on the tip of my brain!

Didn't he do one of the "new" DN marketing campaigns?

Yes, when the Dianetics Book was translated in a bunch of different languages in the late 90's, Richard was the campaign I/C for getting Dianetics Seminars going and would speak at a lot of those events.

Richard and Ramina were also both Mission I/C's in the 70's for WOOC, "World Out of Comm" eval that established the Comm Course and TR's being done in the orgs something like that. They ran that mission out of PAC under Hubbard himself.

fishdaddy

Patron
I worked with Richard and Ramina for many years in CMU (Central Marketing Unit). Good people, usually very upbeat. I hope they are able to distance themselves from all the Church insanity and reconnect with some of their old friends who are out.

FinallyFree

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yes, when the Dianetics Book was translated in a bunch of different languages in the late 90's, Richard was the campaign I/C for getting Dianetics Seminars going and would speak at a lot of those events.

Richard and Ramina were also both Mission I/C's in the 70's for WOOC, "World Out of Comm" eval that established the Comm Course and TR's being done in the orgs something like that. They ran that mission out of PAC under Hubbard himself.

Thanks bts2free! I completely remember him now. He was VERY nice from what I remember. SUPER stressed. But I liked talking to him. I never knew his wife. Salt and pepper hair, that blue suit and silver linked chain.

Wow, blast from the past. I am glad they are out.

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
Thanks bts2free! I completely remember him now. He was VERY nice from what I remember. SUPER stressed. But I liked talking to him. I never knew his wife. Salt and pepper hair, that blue suit and silver linked chain.

Wow, blast from the past. I am glad they are out.

Richard was the star of "The Case He Couldn't Crack". Remember that tech film?

FinallyFree

Gold Meritorious Patron
Richard was the star of "The Case He Couldn't Crack". Remember that tech film?

I may not have seen that one. I have basically zero tech training. Hell I didn't do Student Hat! Severn years on staff and not even student hat. I have done a bunch of admin courses. Oh and the VMH comm course.

Yeah, I didn't get to see most of the tech training films . :(

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
Chantelle and Natalie. Natalie was the younger one, I think.

I grew up with them in the Cadet Org.

Bet they have stories to tell too!!!

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
Chantelle Code?

I remember that name well but I can't place the faces.

Glad to see they are out. It pisses me off they wouldn't pay for her surgery.:angry:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
I met Richard when he came to Boston in the 80's (i believe on some kind of mission) and had a very strong favorable impression of him. Very sad the S.O. would treat those two like that. It should'nt be surprising after hearing similar stories over and over, but somehow still is. Glad they're doing ok now.

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
Chantelle Code?

I remember that name well but I can't place the faces.

Glad to see they are out. It pisses me off they wouldn't pay for her surgery.:angry:

Chantel was AOLA staff in the late 80s early 90s. She was married to Dylan Code (Keith Code's son). At the time. he was the Dissem Sec AOLA. She was the LRH Comm.

Petite girl, dark hair and eyes, very pretty.

skollie

Silver Meritorious Patron
Ramina ended up having a severe medical condition with her heart that required surgery. The Church refused to pay for this and decided to offload her from the Sea Org. Ramina was an over 20 year SO veteran! On top of that, Richard was told to either divorce Ramina and stay in the SO, or be offloaded himself. Well, both he and Ramina left.

This enrages me! Yet another person offloaded rather than CoS spending money on medical care. How tough this must have been, considering what their salaries would have been, along with having no medical insurance. It's so inhumane.

cakemaker

Patron Meritorious
I may be totally wrong, but I knew Richard and Ramina many years ago. I could swear that I saw him at the Psych convention in San Francisco earlier this year and he had some of those anti-psych DVD's that were being passed out. He was somewhat short, dark hair, boyish face, medium build...does this sound right?

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
Chantel was AOLA staff in the late 80s early 90s. She was married to Dylan Code (Keith Code's son). At the time. he was the Dissem Sec AOLA. She was the LRH Comm.

Petite girl, dark hair and eyes, very pretty.

Oops sorry I meant their mom and dad. I knew both Chantel and her sister pretty well.

Wisened One

Crusader
Thanks for the info, bt!

I also know someone who knows someone who knows the Travoltas.
This is great info to hear! :yes:

And I don't believe I knew Richard or Ramona, but I'm also glad to hear they are out and ok! :)

Oh and as you may now from a previous post on one of your Threads, I'm also currently a caregiver to my Mother-In-Law, so feel free to PM or email me if ya ever wanna talk or anything, ok?

Michelle

pollywannacracker

Patron Meritorious
I wonder what other "acceptable truths" the Co$ has up their sleeves in regards to "paying for medical and dental care" for those in the SO.

What a crock!

Glad to hear that they stayed together rather than being forced to split up.

The management of the Co$ makes me want to :puke2: