What's new

What caused a statistically significant decline in traffic recently for ESMB ?

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Emma -- and I speak seriously -- I don't know if there are enough rose bouquets, chocolates, or tea in China to thank you, but you are an amazing woman for enduring this ... for these years of change and unwanted hard choices and work. You are an angel. Thank you. Thank you for this otherwise thankless job. You are loved and appreciated.

Thanks Cat, that's very sweet.

However I owe my survival to the moderators I've had over the years. Without them I'd have packed it in a long time ago.

And please don't forget Ethercat. She saved this board from technical disaster more than once & keeps it safe.

They are the ones who deserve the chocolates.

mockingbird

Silver Meritorious Patron
Panda , how about if there is nothing more important in your life than Scientology - because you are a Scientologist ! How are you doing then !

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
Panda , how about if there is nothing more important in your life than Scientology - because you are a Scientologist ! How are you doing then !

Mockingbird, you've been on ESMB for a year now and made nearly a thousand posts. Don't you think it's time you learned how to use the 'Reply With Quote' facility, me old china? I wanted to read Panda's post you refer to, but without you quoting him it's a lot more hassle. Thanks.

Last edited:

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Mockingbird, you've been on ESMB for a year now and made nearly a thousand posts. Don't you think it's time you learned how to use the 'Reply With Quote' facility me old china? I wanted to read Panda's post you refer to, but without you quoting him it's a lot more hassle. Thanks.

Apparently he knows how to use the ignore function ... and how to slam down a snarky siggy line, so he can't be completely daft.

:whistling:

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
Gizmo , I usually start a thread with a topic in mind . It gets derailed or somebody says either "I don't want to read this" or " You don't know as much about this as me and you are just wrong " or " you should think , write and behave differently to recover properly from Scientology , I know how you should live your life better than you , now that you are free think, write and behave the way I say ".

My answer to all of them is that they are under no obligation to read my posts , are not my bosses and can read and write posts and threads of their own .

Being at ESMB does not mean a person is entitled to the posts and threads they want .
I offer full refunds to dissatisfied customers of every cent I got for posting here .

I see you got a degree from MSU.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
ITT Emma talking to herself. :happydance:

( ESMB is just a sock account by Emma herself. Prove me wrong. :biggrin: )

That's what I think too but Ethercat can be very, very bad ... (remember that April 1st thing she did to us all a couple of years ago?).

:biggrin:

For anyone who wasn't here, EC placed a PM for everyone (to be found when we logged in on April 1st) saying we were the newly chosen mod and had to keep it a secret.

People were dropping like flies ... none of us knew everyone had the same message ...

It was hysterical.

cleared cannibal

I feel I have conveyed most of my ideas and feel I am basically repeating myself. Perhaps it is my lack of intellectual capacity, but more likely lack of time.

Anyone who thinks a graph always should go up is either an economist or a Scientologist.

MB I see your free introductory ESMB membership is up so are you going to purchase only an annual or going to spring for the life time $5000 membership? Mine is comimg up also but I am unsure if being both a lifetime Scn member and a life time ESMB member is compatable in the physical universe. Like I might burst into flame or something.

I believe we should all work toward an ideal ESMB. I would be willing to hold all funds until it is achieved and I am sure you all are aware of the various levels and donation amounts. I will set up a drop box and get back to you all. Cash or gold bullion only please.

idrizomare

Patron with Honors
I feel I have conveyed most of my ideas and feel I am basically repeating myself. Perhaps it is my lack of intellectual capacity, but more likely lack of time.

Anyone who thinks a graph always should go up is either an economist or a Scientologist.

MB I see your free introductory ESMB membership is up so are you going to purchase only an annual or going to spring for the life time $5000 membership? Mine is comimg up also but I am unsure if being both a lifetime Scn member and a life time ESMB member is compatable in the physical universe. Like I might burst into flame or something.

I believe we should all work toward an ideal ESMB. I would be willing to hold all funds until it is achieved and I am sure you all are aware of the various levels and donation amounts. I will set up a drop box and get back to you all. Cash or gold bullion only please.

When we reach the ideal ESMB, will you release the new levels?

cleared cannibal

When we reach the ideal ESMB, will you release the new levels?

Yes but it is a very tall mountain. All ESMB members will have to have reached Humanitarian with honors status , recruited 10 or more lifetime ESMB members, and carried out 3 suppressive acts against the COS. If these are all reached a new golden age of ESMB will be announced where we have to do it all again starting with reading and clearing all ESMB posts.

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
Yes but it is a very tall mountain. All ESMB members will have to have reached Humanitarian with honors status , recruited 10 or more lifetime ESMB members, and carried out 3 suppressive acts against the COS. If these are all reached a new golden age of ESMB will be announced where we have to do it all again starting with reading and clearing all ESMB posts.

Translation : You [STRIKE] can[/STRIKE] must play. You can not win...ever !

OINK

This thread is to observe and ask about in the opinions of everybody here one thing .
I have observed that over the last few months the amount of threads being put up , the number of posts and especially the number of members online and the number of guests have all declined remarkably.

Often now I find only one or two threads that are very active, while in the past it seemed like many more where busy . Is this in part due to the absence of polarizing figures who were banned or departed ? I know I have posted threads that easily got a few thousand views rapidly , but Commander Birdsong would be arguing back and forth with people ( including myself ) and it was a double edged sword for a blogger. I got lots of views but threads would be hopelessly derailed. So, a good sized audience that often included intelligent and well educated ( regarding Scientology ) and considerate members would add insightful comments and questions and disagreements and opinions.

Too many to try and re-list again as I have in the past have contributed tremendously to many threads . Over the last year at least three dozen people were great in my experience at looking at the threads here .

Now , the amount of threads seems to have dropped to almost none . It seems like many of the in depth discussions on Scientology related issues are dried up or gone . I should acknowledge Arnie Lerma Lermnet.com was banned and he was highly supported by some ( including myself ) , disliked or even hated by others and an object of interest by many . But , I think the bans on Arnie and CB do not account for the entire decline.

I feel this way because there have been many threads that neither of them posted on that were very active and popular , both in terms of posts and views . So , I feel there is a larger trend than the two bans could possibly entirely account for .

Do you guys agree with my observations ? Do you think anything constructive can be done to help ESMB ? Now to be clear I am not asking about revoking bans or trying to bring up the individuals banned to rehash why or who has extensive criticisms of them . Those horses are very dead now . And I am not interested in arguing about the character of those people or the merit of their bans .

I have made my opinions known before and now only even acknowledge this as it could be seen as a relevant issue relative to traffic on ESMB .

So, if there are any answers that do not turn into unneeded personal attacks I would like to see them .

"speak of the devil and he shall appear"

my humble sincere and heartfelt apology to emma, the moderators and all the people of this board for violating the sockpuppet rule to circumvent my ban. this is no renegade raid to gather scalps, indeed this outlaw incursion should be easily forgiven as it will soon be made clear it is tendered on behalf of this board

why yessirooskie MB!

well trained scientologist that you are you have presented a statistical analysis and nailed the why in your OP. please report to the Dir. Dev-T for reassignment to a post where your comprehension of tech and policy can be invalidated and unmocked

I posted on this board for five years and only now in retrospect realize there was an astonishing consistency to the amount of daily traffic here. nearly every time I ever logged on today's posts filled page one and either nearly filled page two or spilled slightly (never more than 4-5 posts) onto page three

immediately when Arnie, Gordon and I were banned the daily traffic plummeted 40-45%. within five days I for the first time saw a unfilled page one and every time I've since stuck in my perky proboscis I've usually found a very short page two or an unfilled page one

WITHOUT COMMANDER BIRDSONG'S VOICE ESMB IS ABOUT AS ONE-SIDED AS A MOBIOUS STRIP!!!

fine...

esmb doesn't need me

the recent superb and inspired writing of jim faust clearly demonstrates the center, the heart and soul of esmb is just as it was when the board emerged in 2007

esmb doesn't need me

and I don't need esmb. I got a harsh intense creative and productive bittersweet poet/philosopher's life which I continue to live. I don't need esmb

however if this board would like to be invigorated by That Bastard's return That Bastard would happily return...

"here's looking at you kid..."

and as long as I'm passing by some might like to get an update...

after sleeping on the sidewalks of the Haight through the winter I flew back to boston in april and taking up residence in a wrecked jalopy behind the garage started pushing hack some fifty hours a week. by may I was doing seventy-five hours a week and by late june I had $4000 to purchase, insure, register and repair the latest incarnation of The War Wagon and gas money to get me to Chicago for the fiftieth anniversary/farewell concert of The Dreadful Grate. BE THERE OR BE SQUARE MUTHUHFUKKAH!!! and after that, I dunno, probably westward but one never knows in what direction one will leave a gathering of the tribe do one?

see ya latuh... alleygatuh...

p.s.

if y'all decide to pull out the nails, PLEASE! pull out the foot nails before the hand nails...

mockingbird

CB , I hope you find safe secure housing and a steady source of life's essentials along with any medical or other assistance you need .Franky in a country with incredible wealth and a reported twelve thousand people making double digit million per year it is disgraceful that we do not help our citizens with a safety net without massive holes for supporting basic human rights .I could go on extensively about this and the trillions in tax breaks giant corporations and wealthy individuals receive and the military industrial and prison industrial complex . No grand conspiracy needed to see the system is in need of improvement.

Whether CB is allowed back or not folks I hope things look up for you and you are treated with decency CB .

F.Bullbait

Oh, a wise guy,eh?

my humble sincere and heartfelt apology to emma, the moderators and all the people of this board for violating the sockpuppet rule to circumvent my ban. this is no renegade raid to gather scalps, indeed this outlaw incursion should be easily forgiven as it will soon be made clear it is tendered on behalf of this board

why yessirooskie MB!

well trained scientologist that you are you have presented a statistical analysis and nailed the why in your OP. please report to the Dir. Dev-T for reassignment to a post where your comprehension of tech and policy can be invalidated and unmocked

I posted on this board for five years and only now in retrospect realize there was an astonishing consistency to the amount of daily traffic here. nearly every time I ever logged on today's posts filled page one and either nearly filled page two or spilled slightly (never more than 4-5 posts) onto page three

immediately when Arnie, Gordon and I were banned the daily traffic plummeted 40-45%. within five days I for the first time saw a unfilled page one and every time I've since stuck in my perky proboscis I've usually found a very short page two or an unfilled page one

WITHOUT COMMANDER BIRDSONG'S VOICE ESMB IS ABOUT AS ONE-SIDED AS A MOBIOUS STRIP!!!

fine...

esmb doesn't need me

the recent superb and inspired writing of jim faust clearly demonstrates the center, the heart and soul of esmb is just as it was when the board emerged in 2007

esmb doesn't need me

and I don't need esmb. I got a harsh intense creative and productive bittersweet poet/philosopher's life which I continue to live. I don't need esmb

however if this board would like to be invigorated by That Bastard's return That Bastard would happily return...

after sleeping on the sidewalks of the Haight through the winter I flew back to boston in april and taking up residence in a wrecked jalopy behind the garage started pushing hack some fifty hours a week. by may I was doing seventy-five hours a week and by late june I had $4000 to purchase, insure, register and repair the latest incarnation of The War Wagon and gas money to get me to Chicago for the fiftieth anniversary/farewell concert of The Dreadful Grate. BE THERE OR BE SQUARE MUTHUHFUKKAH!!! and after that, I dunno, probably westward but one never knows in what direction one will leave a gathering of the tribe do one?

p.s.

if y'all decide to pull out the nails, PLEASE! pull out the foot nails before the hand nails...

Happy to see you are alive and well, CB.:thumbsup:

:)

Mike Laws

Patron Meritorious
ITT Emma talking to herself. :happydance:

( ESMB is just a sock account by Emma herself. Prove me wrong. :biggrin: )

You are dead wrong, ask Zinj, Emma is under my control, as Illuminati, and we are brainwashing all of you to bring you back into the COS. ESMB has become self aware because of all its super duper OT information filtering through its veins, so don't insult the superior life being that ESMB is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ESMB is absolute proof that OT shit works.

why yessirooskie MB!

fine...

esmb doesn't need me

esmb doesn't need me

p.s.

"...immediately when Arnie, Gordon and I were banned the daily [STRIKE]traffic [/STRIKE]garbage plummeted 40-45%. within five days...."

How wonderful that was! No offence to Arnie or Gordon (whoever he is??) The offence is more slanted to CB. No smilies to soften the snark.