What's new

Wins versus workable

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
It's not nearly as funny as that you believe LRH was logically consistent, perfectly informed, and emotionally stable in all that he did. :dieslaughing:
Mark A. Baker

Wow! Bakerology Tech is so perceptively precise in "duplicating" what I believe. You are the only person to ever spot these hidden beliefs I have about Hubbard. Even I did not know that about myself! Amazing OT abilities there Mark!

Please give yourself a pass on the obnosis drill, announce yourself to yourself as a completion, give yourself a round of applause and then make yourself a cert.

Mystic

Crusader
The name of this thread doesn't sit well with me. Feels sort of twisted. Is not quite right. Wins vs. workable????? All "wins" in scifaggOTry are designed to entrap you deeper into scifaggOTry. All "workability" in scifaggOTry is designed to entrap you deeper into scifaggOTry.

HelluvaHoax!

It's not nearly as funny as that you believe LRH was logically consistent, perfectly informed, and emotionally stable in all that he did. :dieslaughing:
Mark A. Baker

For historical and hysterical value, for any of those who has ever read even one (1) of my posts, please note Baker's feeble attempt at using Big Lie Tech.

He needs a retrain on that tech badly.

Helpful tip for Mark: Hey, when people are laughing at you, that means the lie was wayyyy too big and wayyyy too complex. Scale your lies back, make them simple and try again--you might catch a sucker here or there.

“Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it” (Hitler)

Mystic

Crusader
For historical and hysterical value, for any of those who has ever read even one (1) of my posts, please note Baker's feeble attempt at using Big Lie Tech.

He needs a retrain on that tech badly.

Helpful tip for Mark: Hey, when people are laughing at you, that means the lie was wayyyy too big and wayyyy too complex. Scale your lies back, make them simple and try again--you might catch a sucker here or there.

“Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it” (Hitler)

:hysterical:

Boojuum

Silver Meritorious Patron
Boojum, do you have those same questions for me, since I had a recent VERY MAJOR life changing realization after listening to a Joel Osteen program? Would you analyze whether my win was really from listening to something Joel said, and question whether I would wait for another of his sermons to deal with some other problem I may have?

Of what import is the trigger for the realization? Do I feel better, or not - THAT's the question, and only I can answer it.

FM. I'm glad you had a life changing realization while listening to Joel Osteen. I hope you keep having them. In the case of the cos, I don't think it would sit very well if I told my buddies (well, ex-buddies since they can't talk to me anymore) at the cos that I was having big wins listening to Joel Osteen. It would be considered mixing practices if I did more than go to a lecture or two. I guarantee that I'd have to do a confessional about a simple visit, minzo.

When I was on Scilon staff, we had a pc/student who was very Catholic and would question LRH's observations using Spinoza or St. Thomas Aquinas as a source. His folders were FES'd and his case evaluated because of this simple point. I'm not making this up.

Regardless of what LRH said in some of his writings, the PRACTICE of the cos was to regard non-scio material and beliefs as delusional, ineffective, illegal, lacking and most importantly, off-purpose, other-determined, off-source. This PRACTICE, although weakly supported in LRH's writings (PTS Type H, Open-Minded, for example) was normal, typical, every day stuff. Trust me, we didn't have too many conversations about Spinoza while executing command intention.

In the early 80's, I clearly recall the term "other fish to fry" being used as the sword of condemnation for anyone not willing to devote their entire life and lives (and the lives of their family) to the expansion of Scientology. Can you even imagine an SO member wanting to attend a Sunday service at a Christian church?

My point is that the practice of the cos is very different from the practice of anything but a cult in that all events, personal milestones especially, such as major cognitions, were validated to the degree that it moved the individual deeper into Scientology.

How many times did we on staff hear people with wins of "I've given up on my ____ career because the expansion of Scientology is so much more important"?

Or contrarywise, how many times did you support a win like, "I've come to the conclusion that I can do so much more with my life outside of the Sea Org." Not once.

The method that Scientology uses to get more money and lifeblood out of its members is to minimize the importance of family, career, health needs while magnifying the importance of Scientology (KSW is part of every checksheet, Chinese School the 10 points every morning at muster, "win or die in the attempt").

I'd love to hear this win at muster, "I had a major realization that there are other philosophies out there that can really help you. I've been overrelying on LRH's tech to fix everything in my life and I've decided to look at other philosophies as well. Common sense, for example."

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
After reading Dexter's recent posting of an ecstatic auditee's win, I've come to realize something. It's a win.

Here goes: When you're in Scientology and you have a win, the win validates and adds credence to Scientology, never to external causes. When, for example, someone says that they applied the ethics conditions and their stats went up, it firms up their belief in the conditions and the truth of LRH's methods.

When you're in the cos and something good happens, it's almost always attributed to the tech. If you get hit by a truck, you were motivating off an overt, if you inherit a million bucks, you handled some whole track consideration.

Nowadays, I'm in the non magical solution business. I don't mind magic but if I need something to eat, I go to a store and buy food. Trying to mock up food on the table hasn't worked too well for me.

I've heard of and experienced miracles under the trapping of the cos. They were great, but they didn't happen all the time. If you listen to an OT share wins, he or she might talk about one or two or a handful of times when they experienced "OT Phenomena". That's great. But what about the thousands and thousands of times when they didn't experience OT Phenomena?

Wins such as "I heard the phone ring and I just knew it was you." Okay. that's a nice win. But what about the thousands of other times when you called and I didn't know it was you.

As long as you're holding onto the belief that the tech works 100% of the time, always, always, always, you'll never look beyond the curtain to see what else is out there.

I'm sure this topic has been beat to death at other places on the ESMB but I'm too lazy to dig around for those earlier threads right now.

I had a win. When I disregarded the insistent advice of senior cos staff, my life became much better. Notice that the "tech" doesn't allow for that, ever.

I remember when I first got into the cos, I was making very good money. One of the senior scios on staff pulled me aside to enlighten me on some "heavy" stuff LRH said about money. My income lines were trashed for the next eight years. I shudder to think of why was I accepting as gospel the advice from someone who was making 15$ a week.

Dexter's auditee was gushing with enthusiasm after her session. She handled all sorts of stuff going back zillions of years and I really, honestly, hope she handled it. But seeing that she was in the real estate business and was upset about roller coastering, I had to think that that was the business of real estate. If you don't want to roller coaster on money, get a different job. What happens to her when she doesn't sell anything for a few months? What additional overts will she have to unburden? What auditing will she demand in order to turn her income levels around? What's going on in her life? If her marriage is messed up, does she need auditing to fix it?

My question is: Is her solution to all problems, to get more auditing?

Getting help when you need it is great. But having to turn to the cos to resolve all issues IS a problem.

Too bad that LRH didn't say something like, "The theta universe helps them who help themselves." or "Give the org and your auditor a break, fix it yourself."

Roller coastering in one's JOB is not the same as roller coastering in one's moods and feelings and spiritual/emotional travails. You keep mentioning what Scn means and what a Scn'ist would mean, well, any Scn'ist who's referring to him or herself as having roller coastered does NOT mean the ebbs and flows of his or her career.

Boojuum

Silver Meritorious Patron
Huh? I'm talking freedom of solution here.

Roller coastering in one's JOB is not the same as roller coastering in one's moods and feelings and spiritual/emotional travails.

I get your point, but does the average scilon? I don't think the distinction is that sharp. I've been in sales. Ups and downs are part of the trade. When you're not selling, life can be pretty grey. When that turns around, you're sitting on top of the world. It can be tough to separate job and personal rollercoastering.

You keep mentioning what Scn means and what a Scn'ist would mean,

Yeah, I generalize a lot. I have a lot more sp characteristics but my biggest concern right now is that all those invisible people hiding outside my home spying on me.

any Scn'ist who's referring to him or herself as having roller coastered does NOT mean the ebbs and flows of his or her career.

Is this a new tech bulletin you're writing here? Pretty broad strokes you're painting with, "any Scn'ist...does NOT" [why caps, are you yelling?] My point is, if someone can't handle ups and downs and they're in the real estate business, well, the two things might be connected. It's a simple leap from up and down income to thinking you've got suppression on your lines. I've observed pc's and staff making this connection again and again. LRH makes the same observation about stats being held down by suppression only. The upshot is lots of sp investigations that are destructive.

I wholeheartedly agree that emotional up and down is different from how well one's career.

I say any Scilon or even ex - Scilon should avail themselves of solutions outside of the scio context, outside of the language of "ethics conditions" and "PTS-ness" and "entheta" and "making it go right" no matter what. That's the freedom that I'm insisting upon for myself and anyone that reads this.

I'll say it again. Any Scilon or even ex - Scilon should avail themselves of solutions outside of the scio context, outside of the language of "ethics conditions" and "PTS-ness" and "entheta" and "making it go right". That's the freedom that I'm insisting upon for myself and anyone that reads this.

HelluvaHoax!

When I was on Scilon staff, we had a pc/student who was very Catholic and would question LRH's observations using Spinoza or St. Thomas Aquinas as a source. His folders were FES'd and his case evaluated because of this simple point. I'm not making this up. Regardless of what LRH said in some of his writings, the PRACTICE of the cos was to regard non-scio material and beliefs as delusional, ineffective, illegal, lacking and most importantly, off-purpose, other-determined, off-source. ---snipped for brevity---

Excellent post!

Scientologists not only sneeringly rejected sources of wisdom that did not come from Hubbard--they feared it as one might an invisible deadly virus.

The dread-filled panic that accompanied the notion that there may be other "tech" or "philosophy" to use in one's life was so thorough in some that their normal thinking patterns warped into a different dimension to eliminate the possibility.

I recall on more than one occasion where a Scientologist inadvertently stumbled on one of history's greats such as Aristotle, Descartes, Goethe or Newton. I have heard Scientologists conclude that it "must have been Ron" in past life. That gave them peace of mind and justified their overt of having a "win" on another author.

The mental scramble to "align" the existence of another human font of wisdom to the "stable datum" that Hubbard alone is "source" was something to behold.

SCIENTOLOGIST
Wow, I just read the most amazing book by Freud where
he explained so much I didn't understand about the mind.

ETHICS OFFICER
That is squirrel. Who gave you that book?

SCIENTOLOGIST
I got it at the library, why?

ETHICS OFFICER
You need to apply Doubt and Liability and then
deliver an effective blow to the enemy.

SCIENTOLOGIST
Huh? What enemy?

ETHICS OFFICER
The librarian, jerkoff! Don't you get it?
They are the darlings of the psychs, pushing
those psych books like a street corner dealer
selling crack to small children.

SCIENTOLOGIST
I don't understand. Ron even acknowledged Freud in
the front of one of his books I read when I first got
on the Bridge.

ETHICS OFFICER
That is also squirrel. Who gave you that book?

SCIENTOLOGIST
Huh? But, it's a Scientology book!

ETHICS OFFICER
Okay, I can grant you beingness on that, but
who told you that Ron wrote it?

SCIENTOLOGIST
What?! I am feeling really spinny and crazy now.

ETHICS OFFICER
Cool, never mind about those conditions.
That's the EP of your Ethics Program.​

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
I get your point, but does the average scilon? I don't think the distinction is that sharp. I've been in sales. Ups and downs are part of the trade. When you're not selling, life can be pretty grey. When that turns around, you're sitting on top of the world. It can be tough to separate job and personal rollercoastering.

Yeah, I generalize a lot. I have a lot more sp characteristics but my biggest concern right now is that all those invisible people hiding outside my home spying on me.

Is this a new tech bulletin you're writing here? Pretty broad strokes you're painting with, "any Scn'ist...does NOT" [why caps, are you yelling?] My point is, if someone can't handle ups and downs and they're in the real estate business, well, the two things might be connected. It's a simple leap from up and down income to thinking you've got suppression on your lines. I've observed pc's and staff making this connection again and again. LRH makes the same observation about stats being held down by suppression only. The upshot is lots of sp investigations that are destructive.

I wholeheartedly agree that emotional up and down is different from how well one's career.

I say any Scilon or even ex - Scilon should avail themselves of solutions outside of the scio context, outside of the language of "ethics conditions" and "PTS-ness" and "entheta" and "making it go right" no matter what. That's the freedom that I'm insisting upon for myself and anyone that reads this.

I'll say it again. Any Scilon or even ex - Scilon should avail themselves of solutions outside of the scio context, outside of the language of "ethics conditions" and "PTS-ness" and "entheta" and "making it go right". That's the freedom that I'm insisting upon for myself and anyone that reads this.

I was responding to just one part of the opening post wherein you discussed the person's concern about her "roller coastering", as it were, and you pointed out that in real estate, there would be variances. And I was saying that this is not what she would have beentalking about.

I didn't yell. The caps were for emphasis in lieu of my getting off my butt and highlighting the text to italicize it. Was too lazy to do it.

As far as what any Scn'ist would do, yes, I know what any and all of them would mean in the context of a "success story" (TM) when discussing roller coastering and any other such Scn-ese/buzz phrases.

I do not write bulletins. I didn't when I was a Scn'ist and I don't now, although I'm sure that if it did strike my fancy to essay such an action, it would be fanfuckingtastic, like everything else I do.

AnonLover

Patron Meritorious
The name of this thread doesn't sit well with me. Feels sort of twisted. Is not quite right. Wins vs. workable????? All "wins" in scifaggOTry are designed to entrap you deeper into scifaggOTry. All "workability" in scifaggOTry is designed to entrap you deeper into scifaggOTry.

so wins and workable must be one of those A=A nonsensical things? :p