What's new

Wyoming revokes Scientology Church of Spiritual Technology's Certificate of Authority

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Wyoming revokes Scientology Church of Spiritual Technology's Certificate of Authority.

Mike Rinder: CST Wyoming Fail

http://www.mikerindersblog.org/cst-wyoming-fail/

As always, go to Mike's post for the full story and his analysis.

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

And now it appears the final chapter has been written, the Secretary of State has revoked their Certificate of Authority.

No indication what they are going to do with this property. Maybe it became an ideal “Advanced Org” for the Upper Midwest. They won’t need any buildings because there are no orgs in that part of the country (in spite of the massive, unprecedented international expansion there is zilch in Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, North and South Dakota, Nebraska…

Capture.png

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * *

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Re: Wyoming revokes Scientology Church of Spiritual Technology's Certificate of Autho

No indication what they are going to do with this property. Maybe it became an ideal “Advanced Org” for the Upper Midwest. They won’t need any buildings because there are no orgs in that part of the country (in spite of the massive, unprecedented international expansion there is zilch in Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, North and South Dakota, Nebraska…

The low population density of the Upper Midwest meant that "orgs" were not viable. Nobody's interested in driving 4 hours to go to an org for courses.

A very dispersed arrangement, based on a loose confederation of field auditors, might have been viable, but Scientology spent the last few decades making field auditing a non-viable business.

freethinker

Sponsor
Re: Wyoming revokes Scientology Church of Spiritual Technology's Certificate of Autho

Body routing is tough in the midwest. Hard to get someone to stand next to a tumbleweed and do handouts and personality tests.

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron

Maybe they could see the writing on the wall and get into the Booty Routing business. Probably better odds of success.

Jump

Operating teatime

Maybe they could see the writing on the wall and get into the Booty Routing business. Probably better odds of success.

Next source transcriptionist error correction: Operating Twerkers.

Boson Wog Stark

Patron Meritorious

Maybe they were building a prison, uh, I mean work facility for Shelly. I can't imagine that they were running out of body, I mean, vault storage at Trementina.

F.Bullbait

Oh, a wise guy,eh?

Wyoming?

Rename it 'Church of Guns and Booze'.

Should make enough to pay the piper.

:)

George Layton

Silver Meritorious Patron

Wyoming?

Rename it 'Church of Guns and Booze'.

Should make enough to pay the piper.

Not to sure about adding church in there, may get a few nibbles if they went with a Mental science/Firework/Liquor Store though.

liquor fireworks.jpg

George Layton

Oh did I forget to mention that selling snake oil in Wyoming is a hanging offence.

Elronius of Marcabia

Wyoming revokes Scientology Church of Spiritual Technology's Certificate of Authority.

Mike Rinder: CST Wyoming Fail

http://www.mikerindersblog.org/cst-wyoming-fail/

As always, go to Mike's post for the full story and his analysis.

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

And now it appears the final chapter has been written, the Secretary of State has revoked their Certificate of Authority.

Capture.png

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * *

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

F.Bullbait

Oh, a wise guy,eh?

Not to sure about adding church in there, may get a few nibbles if they went with a Mental science/Firework/Liquor Store though.

View attachment 11731

In my neck of the woods (not Wyoming), the liquor store and gun store are right next to each other. Very convenient!

I guess if it was LA, it would be a 2-fer drivethru.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP

Any comments from Karin Pouw? :unsure:

Karin? You still with us? :ohmy:

When Karin jumps ship I'm thinking that that would be the equivalent of the fat lady singing.

For now though she just may be busy typing up an Ethics Order on Mr. Murray, the Secretary of State for Wyoming, declaring him to be an Enemy of Mankind. :whistling:

Anonycat

Crusader

But what is the upshot of all this exactly?

To me, it's that a cult which should be banished from this planet has a business branch that didn't file its legally required paperwork nor pay its taxes, and got the boot. What was the good part for you?

Jump

Operating teatime

To me, it's that a cult which should be banished from this planet has a business branch that didn't file its legally required paperwork nor pay its taxes, and got the boot. What was the good part for you?

We can always hope . . .

* CST Office furniture sold cheap on a pawnbroker TV show

* Copyrights to Hubbard drek sell on EBay for $1

* Miscavige too slow to move assets to a captive charity with 'similar purposes'

* CST absorbed into Pastafarian Church or similar

* Good times ensue as Miscavige is deposed on investigation of documentation

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron

Any comments from Karin Pouw? :unsure:

Karin? You still with us? :ohmy:

When Karin jumps ship I'm thinking that that would be the equivalent of the fat lady singing.

For now though she just may be busy typing up an Ethics Order on Mr. Murray, the Secretary of State for Wyoming, declaring him to be an Enemy of Mankind. :whistling:

I'm starting to wonder if Karen is roommates with Shelley and hasn't actually spoken to anyone in years with the diminutive one doing all the writing. You never know with these weirdos.

Francois Tremblay

Patron with Honors

The Church of Spiritual Technology (CST) has forfeited its right to do business in Wyoming. CST can not longer do business in Wyoming.

Isn't CST just the organization in Scientology that holds all the trademarks and such? Why does that matter?

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

Isn't CST just the organization in Scientology that holds all the trademarks and such? Why does that matter?
I gather CST filed as they probably planned to bury the sacred texts of which they hold the copyright. They seem to be involved in all the locations where they preserve these things.

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter

Why does that matter?
If you read Mike Rinder's original post, CST was building something (probably another vault) in Wyoming. The State of Wyoming made CST stop because CST had not bothered to get the required permits, and in addition forced CST to repair the damage to the land. CST never obtained the permits and abandoned the project. CST then let its status in Wyoming lapse.

In the big scheme of things this probably doesn't matter much. The only importance is that it is evidence of a CST project that was abandoned in mid-stream (and probably won't be featured in the next New Year's Event). In addition, letting a corporation's legal status lapse in a state by failing to file required yearly paperwork, as opposed to filing a some sort of notice, is a bit sloppy and rather bad form.