What's new

Lisa Marie Presley Has Left Scientology!

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
He certainly has for me too. I now have much more contempt for CEOs that make salaries of hundreds of millions and go around pretending like they deserve it, much like celebrities.

This is very relevant to a thread about celebrities. Tom Cruise got lucky, he has very little talent. That's the case for many of them. BTW, why is Lisa Marie famous, except for her dad? Isn't that pure luck?

Also, investors that have had extreme successes in the stock market go around claiming they deserve fame and fortune, but when you look at how many are out there, the instability of the market, the possibility of huge leveraging through derivatives, it is a statistical CERTAINTY that some typing monkeys will make it big.

A good example of a Black Swan, (an unpredictable major event), is Anonymous vs Scientology. They certainly didn't see that coming.

Tom Cruise has no talent? Ever see Rainman? Or, better yet- Magnolia? He was great in that one.

Lisa Marie Presley is famous exactly for the reasons you've stated. And because she's rich.

AnonShaw

Patron with Honors
HEY GAISE I HAS BREAKING NEWS FROM THE INSIDE OF THE CULT.

DAVID MISCAVIGE JUST RESIGNED OVER BEING CALLED AN EMO DWARF BY HIS STAFF.

IT HAS BEEN SAID THAT HE RAN AWAY IN TEARS AT THE REALISATION OF HIS OWN FAIL.

THIS IS ALL TRUE, I HAS INSIDERS!!!!

ALSO IM AN EXPERT IN EVERYTHING ON THE INTERNET, SO NO REASON NOT TO TRUST MY WORD!

That is all.

KnightVision

Gold Meritorious Patron
Tom Cruise has no talent? Ever see Rainman? Or, better yet- Magnolia? He was great in that one.

Lisa Marie Presley is famous exactly for the reasons you've stated. And because she's rich.

There are many great stars who have mediocre talent... It's a old HWD tradition that if you surround a 'star' with enough talent to react to... they'll come off looking great. This is done with mediocre talent as well as older talent that has lost it's 'discipline' to do the detailed hard work necessary for a great performance. Look for long scenes where the actor is alone, working without the surround chorus... and brilliant work can be seen 'unadulterated'.

TC has his moments, but for the most part he is mediocre. But a star non the less.

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
Movie stars!

Erh.. Hollywood 'creates' them.. It's a marketing strategy with the purpose of selling the movies!

A movie is very much a team piece of work. There's the story writer. There's the guy(s) who designs the look. Others who think out the way scenes play out. The dialogue. Photography, the lighthing. The sounds.. The cutting.. Most often a crowd of hundreds of people..

And there's the director of course.

The 'movie stars' do their bit. One quality a good actor needs to have is doing what's he's told to do. The 'movie stars' do not figure what to do themselves on a movie set with the cameras running. They do what the director says. They do what's in the script.. The good ones do it very well.

Now, to market the finished movie, the 'company' gives the lead star all the credit and glory.

The Cruisemeister is undeniably a movie star.. But he's not at cause..

:wiggle:

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
It's funny you start talking about a scn celeb and it always goes to Cruise. Mediocre actor that surprises from time to time but much of it is just canned crap - Top Gun, Jerry McGuire etc.- which is why I hate most American movies. He looks the part that's the only thing you can really say.

Anyway back to Lisa Marie. I've seen nothing anywhere that suggests she is actually leaving. Always fun to talk about as somebody posted the same thing a year ago or so but probably just wishful thinking.

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
BTW, why is Lisa Marie famous, except for her dad? Isn't that pure luck?

I know. That is a real irritant, IMO. She has no actual proven talent in anything. People who knew her personally when she was growing up described her as clingy and insecure. She is famous because she has a famous father and that is IT.

xseaorguk

Patron Meritorious
I think for somebody like Tom Cruise it will get increasingly difficult to make decent movies, as his youthful looks are rapidly vanishing.
The last pix I saw of him he looked haggard and has a bit of scraggy neck, looks quite thin and is generally not aging well.
He is also quite small, so will probably end up looking like Dustin Hoffman.
Some Hollywood actors age well, like Brad Pit or Paul Newman and co.

Cruise always played the same sort of character, and I think he relied mainly on his looks for it. He is not a brilliant actor as we saw in Valkyrie

Minuet #1 in G

Patron with Honors
I never met Lisa Maria. I did run into JT once at the Sandcastle. Said gday John how they hanging mate, he said gday min not bad.

I also met the chick who played some character from Little House on the Prairie when I did my OT 6 course. She was a nice lady though a little miffed when I didnt know how famous she was seeing as how down in oz our steam powered tvs didnt get the show.

nexus100

Gold Meritorious Patron
Movie stars!

Erh.. Hollywood 'creates' them.. It's a marketing strategy with the purpose of selling the movies!

A movie is very much a team piece of work. There's the story writer. There's the guy(s) who designs the look. Others who think out the way scenes play out. The dialogue. Photography, the lighthing. The sounds.. The cutting.. Most often a crowd of hundreds of people..

And there's the director of course.

The 'movie stars' do their bit. One quality a good actor needs to have is doing what's he's told to do. The 'movie stars' do not figure what to do themselves on a movie set with the cameras running. They do what the director says. They do what's in the script.. The good ones do it very well.

Now, to market the finished movie, the 'company' gives the lead star all the credit and glory.

The Cruisemeister is undeniably a movie star.. But he's not at cause..

:wiggle:

I agree with all you say SP. Except that there is a chemistry between some actors and the screen that just works. Few people can "carry" a movie. Sometimes it takes a couple tries to see if that person can. For example Heather Graham, who is obviously hubba-hubba, also has that something that makes me care about who she is regardless of her looks or the character. Others are Anthony Hopkins and Ben Kingsley.
But many other "hot" Hollywooders get boring without a good deal of structure and support, as in Kim Basinger, Renee Zellwegger, Orlando Bloom, Brad Pitt, Jodie Foster, Johnny Depp, etc. Not that they aren't good actors but there is some personal depth of contact with the camera that doesn't translate without a story. Cruise and Kidman both are in this pool for me. Travolta carried SNF IMO, I don't know if he can do it anymore.
My opinion, anyway.

_brian

WogRevert
Sharon Case, maybe?
Probably Michelle Stafford.

Well ladies, I don't think a name is going to ring a bell for me, I took a look at google images and neither resemble my fading memory. She had darker hair not too tall but a lovely looking woman. I think she was in between non major role parts too at the time.

Anyhow, I hope Lisa or any celeb finds out more truth about scn.

Brian

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
I never met Lisa Maria. I did run into JT once at the Sandcastle. Said gday John how they hanging mate, he said gday min not bad.

I also met the chick who played some character from Little House on the Prairie when I did my OT 6 course. She was a nice lady though a little miffed when I didnt know how famous she was seeing as how down in oz our steam powered tvs didnt get the show.
Gawd, Min, you're making us look provincial! :lol:
Wasn't it The Waltons rather than Little House?

olska

Silver Meritorious Patron

Good one! :D

btw I'm a huge fan of film -- usually NOT the ones that make the "big time" but rather independents and "little films" -- those that don't get much press -- and on my list of all-time favorites are several from oz that managed to make their way through the morass of crap produced in this country. :thumbsup:

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Good one! :D

btw I'm a huge fan of film -- usually NOT the ones that make the "big time" but rather independents and "little films" -- those that don't get much press -- and on my list of all-time favorites are several from oz that managed to make their way through the morass of crap produced in this country. :thumbsup:

Me too.

Australian film is some of the best in the world.

"Moulin Rouge" and "Strictly Ballroom" are two of my all time favorites.

So is "The Castle".

And "Danny Deckchair".

Wisened One

Crusader
I agree with all you say SP. Except that there is a chemistry between some actors and the screen that just works. Few people can "carry" a movie. Sometimes it takes a couple tries to see if that person can. For example Heather Graham, who is obviously hubba-hubba, also has that something that makes me care about who she is regardless of her looks or the character. Others are Anthony Hopkins and Ben Kingsley.
But many other "hot" Hollywooders get boring without a good deal of structure and support, as in Kim Basinger, Renee Zellwegger, Orlando Bloom, Brad Pitt, Jodie Foster, Johnny Depp, etc. Not that they aren't good actors but there is some personal depth of contact with the camera that doesn't translate without a story. Cruise and Kidman both are in this pool for me. Travolta carried SNF IMO, I don't know if he can do it anymore.
My opinion, anyway.

Hey Hey now...:nope: :drool:

smartone

My Own Boss
Troll pretending to have insider knowledge of a celebrity with nothing to back it up. :bullshit:

Nothing to see here folks. Move Along. :no:

Michael "The Sneakster" Hobson
I am *not* anonymous. I *do* forgive.

Nah, you got it wrong, I ain't no Troll. My spies need to work a bit more overtime is all, lol!