What's new

Disconnection notice

Miss Pert

Silver Meritorious Patron
Hi all! :wave:

Well here is my first post about me:happydance: :happydance: , I've posted comments on other people's threads before.

I was going to wait until I had sent this to the DSA at the org but I figure he'll get it anyway if I post it here. Hi OSA!!!

So here it is:-

29th October 2009

Attn: DSA Sydney Class V Org

Dear Tojo,

Please accept this letter as official notification of my total resignation from the Church of Scientology. I am unable to remain connected to an organisation that claims to protect Human Rights then turns around and inhibits those rights.

Just prior to my leaving, OSA accused two of my closest friends of posting on an "anti-Scientology" website and informed me they had been declared. When I asked for evidence of this act I was told I could go to the AO and see the MAA, the data would be sent to her from OSA. On arrival at the AO the MAA told me she didn’t want to show me this “evidence” and I let her know that I was not prepared to disconnect from my friends without this. I also told her that I wanted to go and speak with my friends face to face, this is a friendship that is over 31 years old, and she told me that would be fine. I later received an email from the MAA asking me not to go and see them, by this time it was too late as I had already made arrangements and was not prepared to change them.

Whilst at FLAG I did the Ministers Course and learned the creed verbatim and I seem to recall it saying that, and I quote, “All men have the inalienable right to think freely, speak freely and write freely their own opinions, and to counter, utter or write upon the opinions of others,” ref “Creed of a Scientologist.” There is no addition to that line of the creed that says “unless that opinion is about Scientology.” As I see it, condemning people that voice their opinions is in direct conflict with the creed, especially when there is no physical evidence that the people being condemned are responsible for what was said/written in the first place.

One of the people accused was Jenni Gibbons and I know for a fact that she had never, at that time, written anything on any website on the internet. She has however, since being falsely accused and wrongly declared, done so and quite openly, stating her identity in the very first part of her statement. It turns out, from what I’ve read and heard, that this false accusation and damnation is not an uncommon occurrence, I wonder how many others have been declared on what is obviously dodgy evidence.

The above situation was the final straw and culminated in my leaving, but this was not the only out-point I had noticed within the “church.” My experience as an OOT at FLAG was full of out-points and was the starting point for all my doubts about being connected to the “church.”

I was not going to contact anyone from the “church” but decided that I should at least write a disconnection notice; please consider this letter just that. I wish no further communication from anyone representing the Church of Scientology.

THIS IS TRUE

Yours sincerely,

Cheryl Turner

PS: Jenni has already stated her identity here, see "Truth Revealed - An Open Letter to OSA"

Last edited:

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
Good on ya Cheryl! So glad to see you did not allow yourself to be railroaded and dictated to violate your own integrity. How dare those assholes tell people who they may and may not talk to, and what they may think and write! It is just such crap that is bringing on the demise of the Co$.

Anyway, good to see another one out of the morass! Welcome to the sanity of the outside world. :)

jenni with an eye

Well Miss Pert a huge :welcome2: from me.
As the one mentioned in your post I totally understand your disgust
at the false accusations made, and I applaud your action.
Isn't funny how OSA operates thinking they are protecting the CofS, but they are really dismantling the CofS person by person. :thumbsup:

sallydannce

Gold Meritorious Patron
Welcome to the real world Cheryl. Nice letter! Yeah..terrific letter!

Human rights and scientology in the same sentence? Oh. Don't. Get Me. Started! Shall we talk about high-level hypocrisy?

You are amongst friends here.

Welcome!

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Yay Miss Pert! :happydance:
Now that is integrity, well done.
It's a huge leap to make and you have landed in the midst of friends, good on you!

:thumbsup:

namaste

Congratulations, Miss Pert, on your decision and your courage.
I hope your friends come to realize what a big favor the "Church" has done for them by setting them free if they haven't already.

dontscamme

Patron Meritorious
Miss Pert,

Good for you for standing up for your principles! :thumbsup:

From all the reading I have done, the creed seems to be more of a "church" PR tool than something actually followed in most cases. Authoritarian control over its members is the primary reason why it deserves the label of "cult."

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Welcome, Miss Pert.

Nice letter and I like your style of following the Creed of the Church of Scientology!

Alanzo

Spirited

Patron with Honors
:welcome2:Miss Pert.
Well done on questioning the MAA and not accepting the verbal data bullshit. 31 year friendship is a pretty special friendship. :bighug:from me

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Nice one, Cheryl, that was Perty good! :thumbsup:

Maybe some day soon you'll tell us all about your rather eye-opening experiences as an Outer Org Trainee at Flag?

lkwdblds

Crusader
Well done on your actions!

Cheryl,
Always good to find someone who applies the Codes of Scientology as they should be applied. Very courageous and "A to B" behavior. Also you write very lucidly and seem to be a very clear thinker. I'm looking forward to reading more about you and your Scientology story. Great to have you here!
Lkwdblds aka Lakey

Last edited:

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Welcome Miss Pert

Great to have you here. I think it is wonderful that you stand up and put a halt to the flagrant, frequent breaches of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, as stated by the UN.

From that preamble...

"........Whereas disregard and contempt for human rights have resulted in barbarous acts which have outraged the conscience of mankind, and the advent of a world in which human beings shall enjoy freedom of speech and belief and freedom from fear and want has been proclaimed as the highest aspiration of the common people,...."

In reading through the many Articles in the Declaration and then comparing them to the numerous testimonies here on ESMB and many other boards, as well as Nancy Many's new book "Mybillionyearcontract" and from what I have heard Marc Headley's "Blownforgood" and John Duignan's "The Complex" one can see it is your right to stand proudly.:thumbsup:

Your presence is very welcome :happydance:

Once bitten

Patron Meritorious
Welcome from another Sydney ex. Awesome to have you out. You'll have a lot of life to catch up on.

Love Genny