What's new

Ivan Obolensky

loiepoo

Patron
I knew Ivan when he was a reg at AOLA in the late 70's. He was a real nice guy, though, I didn't know him well. I heard he had plenty of money, so often wondered why he stayed in the SO.:confused2:

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Mary...

When you are able to read that myspace...and it is not in maintenance...you will see that he is dead...his friends made that as an homage to friendship...but it says there that he is dead...I talked to him right before he died, he was my son's best friend, my son and I cried when he died.

The other kids are doing fine now. As for Ivan wherever he is....well...it is unfogivable.

Diana

Thank you, Diana. I'll go have a look,

G

Gottabrain

FoTi and Diana,

Ivan was declared in the worst way because he blew in the middle of an Affluence as C/O AOLA and apparently crashed the affluence. He was ineligible for any sort of amnesty. He was not allowed contact with family and friends in Scn. He did try at least once to circumvent this and was unable to do so.

I do remember that despite his pressures as C/O, he made it his personal policy that any of his kids could come up to him at any time and talk to him. They would interrupt his exec meetings, find him anywhere. And I remember him stopping what he was doing to give them the attention no matter what. He could have a stern voice at times with them, but was always supportive and made it clear they were important to him.

I also recall Nancy and Phil Christodoulou making it very clear that they would be taking care of Ivan's kids after the divorce. Nancy had custody.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ladybird

Silver Meritorious Patron
I would very much like to hear what Ivan has to say.

I did not abort but I did neglect my children by giving up custody to the "wog" parent. To this very day they blame and hate me for putting the cult before them.

Terril park

Sponsor
FoTi and Diana,

Ivan was declared in the worst way because he blew in the middle of an Affluence as C/O AOLA and apparently crashed the affluence. He was ineligible for any sort of amnesty. He was not allowed contact with family and friends in Scn. He did try at least once to circumvent this and was unable to do so.

I do remember that despite his pressures as C/O, he made it his personal policy that any of his kids could come up to him at any time and talk to him. They would interrupt his exec meetings, find him anywhere. And I remember him stopping what he was doing to give them the attention no matter what. He could have a stern voice at times with them, but was always supportive and made it clear they were important to him.

I also recall Nancy and Phil Christodoulou making it very clear that they would be taking care of Ivan's kids after the divorce. Nancy had custody.

I am sure Ivan has gone through hell dealing with what happened to his kids, if he's finished dealing with it at all. Ivan always cared for and looked out for kids. He always had a soft spot for children; Scn couldn't kill that. He has made contact and told me a portion of his story. Not all. Far from all.

Ivan was always my friend and he will always be my friend and we never had any sort of 2D thing going on, either, though we were certainly accused of it enough times for the friendship bond. For the record, he's just helped me through some really horrible stuff that was restimmed when I got on this board. He was there for me all the way through it - and let me tell you, I wouldn't have dared put that stuff on anyone else but a very special, loved and trusted friend. It restimmed him as well, but I was shattered. He worked with me to pick up the pieces and I came out stronger, better, wiser on the other end. That's why I was off this board for a couple of weeks, that's why I missed the raid, but I will be at the next one.

I don't know many people with that much compassion and love in their hearts. That's the kind of person he is. He was that way before, but he is much more that way now. Ivan has matured quite a bit, in the best way.

I hope you can all find it in your hearts to forgive him and try to understand his circumstances and that no one is perfect. Ivan is a good person. Give him a chance to come on the board, please, and don't attack him.

I knew Philip Christodoulo from London. Once cited as one of the three best auditors ever or something, totally slack on auditor admin as ever, thus sent to working in kitchens where he was also expert.

Would love to contact him if its possible. :)

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
I would very much like to hear what Ivan has to say.

I did not abort but I did neglect my children by giving up custody to the "wog" parent. To this very day they blame and hate me for putting the cult before them.

I too would like to see Ivan on this board.

G

Gottabrain

Ladybird and Enthetan,

I hope Ivan sees your notes the next time he visits the Board.

Re. Phil Christodoulou, it would be nice if Ivan knew where they are. Phil was an excellent auditor, sometimes he just put the meter down. Great guy, but yeh, really disorganised when it came to his admin.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
When I saw Ivan when he was CO AOLA back around '85 or '86, he seemed very stressed out and somewhat fragile.I had a run-in with him that had me somewhat pissed off at him for a while, but on later reflection I think it was from the stress he was under.

I hope he's recovered a bit since then.

G

Gottabrain

Dear Enthetan,

Many parts of Ivan's life are going well now and he has found a way that works for him.

We had an amazing discussion of the Axioms and he was kind enough to provide me with all the original references of where the Axioms came from. Are you interested? If so, I'll post it on a separate thread.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Dear Enthetan,

Many parts of Ivan's life are going well now and he has found a way that works for him. A lot could be disrupted or fall apart for him if he takes on too much too quickly here. It all has to be in his own time. He has a beautiful daughter now that he cherishes, loves and puts as priority above all else. He is a good father to her. I am so happy that he has her and the opportunity to be a father again the way he wants. He deserved a second chance.
Good for him! As a father myself, I fully support his priorities. I'm glad he's got a life now and is doing well.

[/QUOTE]
We had an amazing discussion of the Axioms and he was kind enough to provide me with all the original references of where the Axioms came from. Ivan had an amazing education, you know. He's quite brilliant. Are you interested? If so, I'll post it on a separate thread.[/QUOTE]
Yes, I would be interested. Please PM me at whatever point you post it.

SouthernCanuck

Jabberwocky In-Training
Ivan was definitely my favorite AO CO, although I doubt he would remember me. I am very happy to hear that he is well and wish him all the best!

dianaclass8

FoTi and Diana,

I am sure Ivan has gone through hell dealing with what happened to his kids, if he's finished dealing with it at all. Ivan always cared for and looked out for kids. He always had a soft spot for children; Scn couldn't kill that. He has made contact and told me a portion of his story. Not all. Far from all.

Ivan was always my friend and he will always be my friend and we never had any sort of 2D thing going on, either, though we were certainly accused of it enough times for the friendship bond. For the record, he's just helped me through some really horrible stuff that was restimmed when I got on this board. He was there for me all the way through it - and let me tell you, I wouldn't have dared put that stuff on anyone else but a very special, loved and trusted friend. It restimmed him as well, but I was shattered. He worked with me to pick up the pieces and I came out stronger, better, wiser on the other end. That's why I was off this board for a couple of weeks, that's why I missed the raid, but I will be at the next one.

I don't know many people with that much compassion and love in their hearts. That's the kind of person he is. He was that way before, but he is much more that way now. Ivan has matured quite a bit, in the best way.

I hope you can all find it in your hearts to forgive him and try to understand his circumstances and that no one is perfect. Ivan is a good person. Give him a chance to come on the board, please, and don't attack him.

Thank you for your story gottabrain...I was not attacking Ivan, really, I was just stating what happened...

I hate to say this, but heard at the time, that when he blew he stole some of the money from AO, perhaps it is 3rd party because he blew.

I don't know if he was good or bad and actually, I do not judge people anymore, because so many went through so much that each person has a reason and a right (if you please) to feel in a certain way.

I hope that Ivan is in comm with his children now that the truth has come out about the Church, for they loved him uncondicionally.

One more sad story from the SO. Personally, when I left, I did not leave alone...I took my children and my husband with me...I tried to take all my friends...but alas! they had no sense of integrity....

Diana

dianaclass8

Dear Enthetan,

Many parts of Ivan's life are going well now and he has found a way that works for him. A lot could be disrupted or fall apart for him if he takes on too much too quickly here. It all has to be in his own time. He has a beautiful daughter now that he cherishes, loves and puts as priority above all else. He is a good father to her. I am so happy that he has her and the opportunity to be a father again the way he wants. He deserved a second chance.

We had an amazing discussion of the Axioms and he was kind enough to provide me with all the original references of where the Axioms came from. Ivan had an amazing education, you know. He's quite brilliant. Are you interested? If so, I'll post it on a separate thread.

Yes, post it of course on a separate thread. Good for him that he has a new life.

Diana

dianaclass8

Ladybird and Enthetan,

So glad to hear that. I hope Ivan sees your notes the next time he visits the Board. He told me he visited once and I think this thread scared and/or hurt him. He has not posted yet.

Anyone else who wants to hear from him, please chime in. I know he'll read this at some point. Diana, for the love of God and all that is good, please FORGIVE HIM and state that here!

Gotta, I have forgiven all that has happened/done to others in the Church...even to LRH...it is the only way to heal...but I have not forgiven David Miscavige and his cohorts...I hope they all pay for their crimes.

As for me no horror stories to tell when I was in. One day I will write my amazing adventure with Scientology...but I must confess that what happened to others hurt me immensely as it had happened to me...why? I do not know...I have this tremendous strong sense of friendship, honor, integrity and those things that are like a unicorn...I cried rivers and rivers but this board and others have helped heal.

Diana

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I hate to say this, but heard at the time, that when he blew he stole some of the money from AO, perhaps it is 3rd party because he blew.

I thought he was independently wealthy. In the absence of any evidence, I would tend to think the theft story is false.

Paul