What's new

Brian Culkin's $350,000 refund and the Garcia Case

Sindy

Crusader
^^^^

Wow! Bunnyskull, for someone who was never in the cult (I don't believe you were), your post above shows a tremendous appreciation of what life in the cult was like for those who suffered badly -- as targets of Hubbard and Miscavige and as their tools. It's also a generous thing for you to say.

Hat tip.

TG1

^^^What TG1 said!

Realshit

Re: $50,000 Extorted from Brian Culkin?

Where have I ever admired Hubbard? That is a lie. I can't believe you would say that. Why would you say that? That's so fucking horrible. Amazing what people will resort to when they don't have a rational argument.

I bet you a hundred bucks you can't fucking prove that.
I bet u a thousand bucks that most of things said in this forum can't be proven. A lot of assumptions have been made. I'm jealous of the kid. He got his money back like so many of us have tried to do. He can walk away while Scientology still controls all of your lives. Writing on forums all day about this religion we all despise. They still got they're meat hooks in all of u. As far as what Brian Culkin did. We definitely don't know what EXACTLY HAPPENED yet. Only time will tell. This cult definitely has the ability manipulate manufacture and take things out of context for their liking. We all know this.The whole doodle agent thing people have mentioned is pretty comical. The church would never depose him he would do more damage to their case. After all in a deposition their is cross examining. With that said I have been reading this website for a while because I had a terrible experience with the cult but its my first post. I wanted to chime in because so many assumptions have been made from what I've read and it's kind of like gang mentality going on towards this kid. But you all want to keep hating and drink the haterade than continue on. I didn't think we as a whole were suppose to act like this. That is all. Good luck to everyone!

Realshit

Whatever bro. Didn't realize this website singled out individuals and attacked them. One more thing it appears binder put Culkin in touch with Johnson. Why aren't people hating on Binder??

Purple Rain

Crusader
Whatever bro. Didn't realize this website singled out individuals and attacked them. One more thing it appears binder put Culkin in touch with Johnson. Why aren't people hating on Binder??

Why don't you get Brian to come here and do his own dirty work, if you care so much what we think? Or is your star witness having a bit of a meltdown that you need to handle before he gets on the stand?

Re: Brian Culkin got a full refund $350,000 - time to sue the church of scientology?

The thread was merged as it is the same subject. Lively discussion attracts attention, it does not need a new thread.
I have made a title change to the thread which may be more appropriate to the way the story is going. M1

If it doesn't need a new thread why does it need a new title?
I don't know whether it needs a new thread or not, but changing titles directs the discussion instead of allowing the discussion to bring out whatever the original title was intended to bring out. AFAICS.

Purple Rain

Crusader
Re: $50,000 Extorted from Brian Culkin?

I bet u a thousand bucks that most of things said in this forum can't be proven. A lot of assumptions have been made. I'm jealous of the kid. He got his money back like so many of us have tried to do. He can walk away while Scientology still controls all of your lives. Writing on forums all day about this religion we all despise. They still got they're meat hooks in all of u. As far as what Brian Culkin did. We definitely don't know what EXACTLY HAPPENED yet. Only time will tell. This cult definitely has the ability manipulate manufacture and take things out of context for their liking. We all know this.The whole doodle agent thing people have mentioned is pretty comical. The church would never depose him he would do more damage to their case. After all in a deposition their is cross examining. With that said I have been reading this website for a while because I had a terrible experience with the cult but its my first post. I wanted to chime in because so many assumptions have been made from what I've read and it's kind of like gang mentality going on towards this kid. But you all want to keep hating and drink the haterade than continue on. I didn't think we as a whole were suppose to act like this. That is all. Good luck to everyone!

A pro-Hubbard comment posted on this forum by myself can certainly be found if it exists. Duh!! All the posts I have ever made here are listed under my name. And I still challenge that person to prove his statement unless they want to be a liar as well as a coward, which would not surprise me. Of course they could just apologise, knowing already that it is not the truth - just an ad hom they pulled out of their arse. But I doubt they will have the courage to do either - prove it or apologise.

As far as "we" goes, who even are you? You don't even know that TG1 is a girl. Some lurking.... Must have been all of ten minutes.

TG1

Angelic Poster
Here's a snip from what Babbitt said over at Tony O's at http://tonyortega.org/2013/05/13/wi...-demolish-the-garcias-federal-fraud-lawsuit/:

“A lot of this is silly,” [Babbitt] says, pointing specifically to the statements about Mike Rinder and Marty Rathbun. “What Mike Rinder has said about Scientology he’s already said on your blog,” Babbitt says dismissively. “And I’ve never spoken to Marty Rathbun. I’ve never communicated with him by e-mail or any other way.”

As for Robert Johnson, the attorney who previously litigated for the church, Babbitt says, “His role is limited. He’s not named in the litigation. The reason he’s not named is that he’s not involved. We needed someone in Tampa to meet new clients and get information from them, but he’s not involved in the formation of any pleadings or anything else in litigation proper.”

(snip)

He also pointed out that he’s never met Brian Culkin.

(End of Babbitt comments over at Tony O's blog.)

I'm thinking the cult lawyers are effing up again, like the cult lawyers effed up in the Debbie Cook hearings. Sounds like they're getting some real bad instructions from the client.

:roflmao:

TG1

Purple Rain

Crusader
Here's a snip from what Babbitt said over at Tony O's at http://tonyortega.org/2013/05/13/wi...-demolish-the-garcias-federal-fraud-lawsuit/:

“A lot of this is silly,” [Babbitt] says, pointing specifically to the statements about Mike Rinder and Marty Rathbun. “What Mike Rinder has said about Scientology he’s already said on your blog,” Babbitt says dismissively. “And I’ve never spoken to Marty Rathbun. I’ve never communicated with him by e-mail or any other way.”

As for Robert Johnson, the attorney who previously litigated for the church, Babbitt says, “His role is limited. He’s not named in the litigation. The reason he’s not named is that he’s not involved. We needed someone in Tampa to meet new clients and get information from them, but he’s not involved in the formation of any pleadings or anything else in litigation proper.”

(snip)

He also pointed out that he’s never met Brian Culkin.

(End of Babbitt comments over at Tony O's blog.)

I'm thinking the cult lawyers are effing up again, like the cult lawyers effed up in the Debbie Cook hearings. Sounds like they're getting some real bad instructions from the client.

:roflmao:

TG1

This was my favourite comment so far from over at Tony O's:

poisonivy_zps78420aeb.png

Realshit

Why don't you get Brian to come here and do his own dirty work, if you care so much what we think? Or is your star witness having a bit of a meltdown that you need to handle before he gets on the stand?
Hey prince. No lawyer here. More assumptions!! Hate on people. I'm out!!

BunnySkull

Silver Meritorious Patron
^^^^

Wow! Bunnyskull, for someone who was never in the cult (I don't believe you were), your post above shows a tremendous appreciation of what life in the cult was like for those who suffered badly -- as targets of Hubbard and Miscavige and as their tools. It's also a generous thing for you to say.

Hat tip.

TG1

Thank you TG1. You are correct, I was never involved in Cos. I've done a lot of reading about cults. Part of freedom is adults making bad choices - like joining a cult. However, kids are just lumps of clay who cling to the adults in their life for guidance. Parents who are true cult members, the real fanatics, view it as their mission to mold their children into good cult members and even worse view their children as less important than the cult. Children end up trying to be even more fanatical cult members simply to get their parents love and approval. I don't think anyone, other than other kids raised in a cult, can understand the difficulty.

The fact that these 2nd generation cult members can and do break away as adults is really a testament to the human spirit and an amazing feat, overcoming both the nature and nurture.

In my mind there are different standards for adults who had the choice to join and children who's parents made the choice for them. Not that I lack sympathy or understanding for adults who joined, but I take those on a more individual case basis. I give blanket compassion to any child who was raised to become a cult member. Thier actions as an adult cult members all stem from that unchosen upbringing.

(One exception, I have very low tolerance for any one joining the CoS in the past 5 or 6 years. I mean come the fuck on I know you can type Scientology into google and if the army of red flags didn't stop you in your tracks, well sorry, you were well warned or purposely avoided the warnings. Brian Culkin, I'm looking at you.)

pollywog

Patron with Honors
For somebody with all those "hater" ad homs you are hardly one to talk about tolerance. Also you flatter yourself if you think I assumed for a second that you were a lawyer.
No kidding. I know lawyers aren't generally the most popular people in the world, but most of them know how to capitalize and make a paragraph. Realshit: lurk moar. It works and it helps people... understand the REALSHIT.

Realshit

No kidding. I know lawyers aren't generally the most popular people in the world, but most of them know how to capitalize and make a paragraph. Realshit: lurk moar. It works and it helps people... understand the REALSHIT.
Very true. Not only can they steal your money they can teach you about adverbs and conjunctions!!

Last edited:

Purple Rain

Crusader
Very true. Not only can they steal your money they can teach you about adverbs and conjunctions!!

Some of the best people I know have a law degree. But yeah, I found the prices they charge to be usurous when I needed representation for my property settlement. I have found it is hard to get access to justice on a low income.