What's new

Amazon Seller Threatens the Wrath of Scientology on People Who Give Negative Feedback

BlackRob

Gold Meritorious Patron
DTgXKoF.jpg

I have to admit, I'm kind of thankful the Church of Scientology exists. I mean, between their inability to photoshop their own rallies and their dedication to using IP laws to simultaneously silence criticism while Streisanding themselves into internet oblivion, the jokes practically write themselves. I personally know this, because whenever I see that a close friend or family member is having a bad day, I simply tap them on the shoulder, say "Church of Scientology", and then we both laugh and move on with a much better, funnier day. For me, it's the futility of it all that is so hilarious, and I'll be Xenu'd if they just can't keep making the same mistakes.

Take the story Rich Kulawiec writes us about, for instance. It apparently starts with a hapless Amazon seller called Hannah's Attic And Place accidentally offering his wares for pennies on the dollar due to an errant youngster. When some customers placed orders, they were subsequently informed that the pricing had been a mistake. This grated upon one buyer, who complained in the reviews section. And then the complainer found out that the seller was a hardy little David-Miscaviage-in-training, with all the awesome threatening behavior one would expect from such a person.

Article: https://www.techdirt.com/articles/2...ology-people-who-give-negative-feedback.shtml

Re: Amazon Seller Threatens the Wrath of Scientology on People Who Give Negative Feed

DTgXKoF.jpg

I have to admit, I'm kind of thankful the Church of Scientology exists. I mean, between their inability to photoshop their own rallies and their dedication to using IP laws to simultaneously silence criticism while Streisanding themselves into internet oblivion, the jokes practically write themselves. I personally know this, because whenever I see that a close friend or family member is having a bad day, I simply tap them on the shoulder, say "Church of Scientology", and then we both laugh and move on with a much better, funnier day. For me, it's the futility of it all that is so hilarious, and I'll be Xenu'd if they just can't keep making the same mistakes.

Take the story Rich Kulawiec writes us about, for instance. It apparently starts with a hapless Amazon seller called Hannah's Attic And Place accidentally offering his wares for pennies on the dollar due to an errant youngster. When some customers placed orders, they were subsequently informed that the pricing had been a mistake. This grated upon one buyer, who complained in the reviews section. And then the complainer found out that the seller was a hardy little David-Miscaviage-in-training, with all the awesome threatening behavior one would expect from such a person.

Article: https://www.techdirt.com/articles/2...ology-people-who-give-negative-feedback.shtml
300 Scientologists going after SPs, that's a whole lot of toes being shot off.

Leland

Crusader
Re: Amazon Seller Threatens the Wrath of Scientology on People Who Give Negative Feed

Fantastic CofS shoot's self in foot (in public) again! Link is a must read!

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP

Leland

Crusader

Can't get a line on WHAT Hanna's attic and place sold. Anybody find out yet ?

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP

Looks like Hanna's attic in wash state is probably same as Hanna's attic and place in wash. An estate sale business.

It may or may not be same business. The owner is Catherine (Cathye) (Reutercrona, Potter, Gilderman) Carnes & she was a theatre major in Los Angeles before she moved to the Seattle area.

It's been suggested that the "Scientology threat" may have been a creative troll on Cathye's part, because there's no evidence that she or anyone in her immediate family are Scilons.

https://www.facebook.com/cathye.carnes

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hannahs-Attic-Estate-Sales-Appraisals/160422987331448

http://www.divided-by-zero.com/showthread.php?2952-Scary-Scientologist-Rules-Amazon!

Last edited:

Leland

Crusader

I deleted post thanks. Really curious what they sold for "thousands" on amazon.

BlackRob

Gold Meritorious Patron

True

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!

I like the $cientology tech on

1) how to handle an unsatisfied client
2) how to apologize and repair
3) handle the dammage control
4) deal with a ''$cieno handling- your are the wrong'' multi-resistant case :biggrin:
5) the ''mafia - we'll find you and fix you'' approach is amazing!:duh:

Anyway,

Good PR as it reveals the nature of organisation ! :yes:

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser

If it weren't for fuck ups the CoS would have NO stats !

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter

DTgXKoF.jpg

Golly. Isn't anger and rage a bit...low toned?

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!

Amazon bitch-slapped them. Hannah's is gone. It's now 'Buddy's House of Dynamite' & still has it's share of disgruntled customers.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aag/main?ie=UTF8&seller=A2IRYPO3A4U4H6

Very much sad :confused2:

Hanna had 300 staff to look after - was probably the only successful ideal org on this planet, in this lifetime :confused2:

300 people dedicated to handle suppression of labelling and packaging, day after day!
Amazon disposed of them quielty, without sorrow....

This planet is really controlled by SP's :nervous:

bromo

Patron with Honors

Lotus, your posts always make me laugh. Thank you for that. As a lifelong J & Der, I appreciate others with wicked senses of humor. And although getting rid of the scioness and their disconnectioness and fleecingness of the pocketbooks of members is seriousness, life lived without humor is life not worth living at all to me.

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser

Lotus, your posts always make me laugh. Thank you for that. As a lifelong J & Der, I appreciate others with wicked senses of humor. And although getting rid of the scioness and their disconnectioness and fleecingness of the pocketbooks of members is seriousness, life lived without humor is life not worth living at all to me.

Were it not for my silent J & D plus the rare few with a sense of humor I shudder at how short my life might have been back in those dark days.

I remember reading " Sex & Pain " & thinking to myself " Well he has gotten too old to get it up & wants to deprive us of pleasure "!

Or thinking about the "EP" of Grade Zero & the policy of Disconnection ( or with ' cause over life' on 7 )

Hard to imagine what we once swallowed !

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!

:biggrin:
Same here..looking for bro and Sis in the J&D cult :biggrin:

Sometimes the cult dammages are so sad...we need a good laughing to get prepared for the next unprecedented horror to read :confused2:

Last edited: